• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Pic from a Discord:

68a8aabc67d45c5a532ef5f6c851f96b.png

Another Source: https://steamdb.info/app/1245620/history/?changeid=14059872

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Awesome

I can only hope to be in the first batch, so I can start playing this on my Deck ASAP

thethickofit

Feb 1, 2018
As I mentioned in another thread, this indicates at least to me that this is one of the first games with EAC Linux support enabled.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
Valve! I want my deck! I wanna feel my deck! Learn to push its buttons, fiddle around with it, see how long it lasts. Come on Valve let me play with my deck!

But no that's awesome I bet I'll be done with it by then but can't wait to see people chucking their deck through a window on a bus

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Linux users that want to play today need to use proton experimental and switch to the bleeding-edge branch (you can chose this in the settings under beta).

This will change at some point.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think I will wait til I get my Deck to play this. Should have a patch or two by then, and I'll play a lot more if I can handheld!

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
Kinda surprising they seemingly went all out for the Steam Deck, considering they don't have stuff like ultrawide or support for more than 60 fps. Nice to see.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprising they seemingly went all out for the Steam Deck, considering they don't have stuff like ultrawide or support for more than 60 fps. Nice to see.
This 99% all Valve (and their contractors from the open source community). The only thing From needed to do is allow EAC on Proton, which is "no work".

edit: and supply game access to devs

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
This thread title feels very "clickbait YouTube video" inspired. I'm just surprised there's no thumbnail with an overly expressive face and wildly colored background .

Edit: Lol y'all calm down, I just felt the title was funny looking, not that it's actual clickbait. It's good news, it was just the funny use of caps. I should have been clearer.

Last edited:

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
This 99% all Valve (and their contractors from the open source community). The only thing From needed to do is allow EAC on Proton, which is "no work".

edit: and supply game access to devs
I know it's easy but barely anyone has actually done it afaik. FromSoft being one of the first AAA devs to bother to turn it on is still quite surprising imo.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Hopefully this means more PC optimization patches on the way. 😬
As the game's patch notes mention at the bottom that they are planning to add raytracing in the future, I expect them to focus on optimization way before that.
Yes, EAC could have been a showstopper.

I was expecting it, but just because the other Souls games, with the exception of Dark Souls Remastered, because of needing to manually bring the keyboard in some parts, were all already verified for the Deck.

Last edited:

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
So I don't have to cave and get a Series S after all. I'll patiently wait my Q4 Steam Deck

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
Yet no-one has it running going by the ProtonDB - https://www.protondb.com/app/1245620

I've just switched to Linux myself and have decided to buy and test. I can always refund if no good (or dual boot Windows).
I'll see how I go later today after download and chores are complete.

I've set my Proton build to the latest bleeding edge beta setting.

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Says "failed to load anti-cheat module" with the bleeding edge build. Oh well, back to Windows I guess!

Yet no-one has it running going by the ProtonDB - https://www.protondb.com/app/1245620

I've just switched to Linux myself and have decided to buy and test. I can always refund if no good (or dual boot Windows).
I'll see how I go later today after download and chores are complete.

I've set my Proton build to the latest bleeding edge beta setting.
The people in the Linux Gaming Dev Discord have it running, but for some people it is having an issue with EAC on *some* desktop machines (Epic is looking at it).

Workaround to play offline w/o EAC is here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/02/elden-ring-is-out-and-verified-for-steam-deck/

A proton patch for "Can't find EAC" error was submitted yesterday. Wait for next Proton release if you're on linux.

github.com

proton: Add EOS path workaround for Elden Ring · ValveSoftware/Proton@35a4101

Compatibility tool for Steam Play based on Wine and additional components - proton: Add EOS path workaround for Elden Ring · ValveSoftware/Proton@35a4101
This is not needed anymore.

Just proton experimental with bleeding-edge branch.

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
The people in the Linux Gaming Dev Discord have it running, but for some people it is having an issue with EAC on *some* desktop machines (Epic is looking at it).

Workaround to play offline w/o EAC is here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/02/elden-ring-is-out-and-verified-for-steam-deck/

This is not needed anymore.

Just proton experimental with bleeding-edge branch.

The game barely attempts to even start for me. No errors, doesn't load. After clicking the play button, it cycles through launching and then just stops.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Good stuff but there's no cloud saves for Elden Ring right? Makes switching between PC and deck a bit of a hassle. Unless there's another good way I don't know about.