• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Wishlist-Globa-Steam1-8-2022.png

Via Most Popular Wishlist page on STEAM

Since its STEAM Page was made back in June of last year, this is the first time ELDEN RING has reached the top spot in the Global Wishlisted Games List on STEAM. Dying Light 2 sat on this throne since December of 2020 when CP2077 released and also accumulated lots of wishlists since its STEAM Page has been present for several years now so ER has overtaken it BEFORE its release which has less than a month to go! Quite impressive but at the same time I would say that its kind of expected! Its currently sitting in the Top 5 of the Real-Time Global Top Sellers on STEAM also. Its gonna be a big BIG launch for any Souls game on STEAM! Thats for sure!

And now since we're talking about Lists why not also post an upcoming most followed games list? I thought it'd be cool to share this regardless.

upcomingmostfollowed-STEAM-1-8-2022.png

Via SteamDB

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I`m surprised it hasn`t been on top for the last six months. I knew Dying Light is popular on PC but I didn`t know it`s THAT big.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is it cause people are pre-ordering DL2 as release approaches? Do pre-orders remove a game from your wishlist?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
trying very hard not to get caught up in the hype. i always bounce off these games.... but this one does look real good....

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
THIS is very GOOD for the game ELDEN RING on the STEAM platform indeed.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Wild. Honestly more shocked that Dying Light 2 was the most wishlisted.

Not that I think it's bad I just wasn't aware how much people were into it on PC

Thought Stalker 2 or something would have been top

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Is it cause people are pre-ordering DL2 as release approaches? Do pre-orders remove a game from your wishlist?
No, its cause its STEAM Page has been made available for wishlisting since several years so it accumulates but also, it wouldn't be near the top if it weren't popular with the STEAM Crowd.

Edit: Edited my post to remove the incorrect part. YES, from your personal wishlist, a game is removed after preordering.

Last edited:

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
DS3 and Sekiro both had similar max concurrents in the 125-130k range. I get the feeling Elden Ring is gonna like triple that.

Also shoutout to Starfield getting to #9 in about a month without (to my knowledge) the Steam page even being advertised at all. In a year of what should be big single player game releases that may yet end up on top.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. But why is Party Animals #3? Doesn't make much sense, doesn't even have as much discussion in its forum compared to games much lower down on the list.
Era is inconsequential to the bigger gaming landscape. Most people don't know it exists. I'd assume youtubers have a lot of videos on Party Animals?

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Hmm. But why is Party Animals #3? Doesn't make much sense, doesn't even have as much discussion in its forum compared to games much lower down on the list.
Biomutant, before it released accumulated lots of wishlists as well so thats why it was near the top as well when it was yet to release plus the game resonates with the STEAM crowd for it to garner a lot of wishlists in the first place.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Good testament to Game Pass that Party Animals, Total War: Warhammer 3, STALKER 2, Starfield, and Atomic Heart are all day one... just really need to make PC app a lot better and market it better.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see that blatant Division ripoff game, The Day Before, that high. Guess people really liked the trailers.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance ER reaches Skyrim/Witcher 3 levels of success?

There is always a chance, although infinitesimally small. It depends on how accessible it is. Open world should help. If it captures the zeitgeist like TW3 did ER could see a massive increase in sales over previous games. However the difficulty of FROM games limits potential sales. DS3 sold over 10 million. Sekiro over 5 million. Skyrim/TW3 30+ million. I would say it's ceiling is probably MHW.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Impressed with how high God of War is.

Surprised with MH Rise not being top 15. Part of that is probably pre-orders though, and I don't doubt that it'll do well. But I'm curious to see where MH6 will place on this list if it comes day and date considering World has one of the highest peak concurrents on Steam iirc.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Is there any chance ER reaches Skyrim/Witcher 3 levels of success?
Due to its difficulty and reputation I think the Maximum it can break out of its shell is 20m territory and thats still 'dream territory' cause that would mean that it would double lifetime sales of its previous spiritual successor's entry aka Dark Souls III.
Impressed with how high God of War is.
Funfact: GoW has been in the top 4 on that global wishlist list nearly since it was announced for a PC release. It hasn't moved up ever since reaching 4th spot since months guess it reached its wishlist accumulation ceiling.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I like (PC) gaming because there's multiple games on that first screenshot I've never even heard of before. Used to be rare you didn't know about the most popular upcoming games.