Elden Ring leaked (From Software, Miyazaki x George R.R Martin, X1/PS4/PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
I attended multiple theater events myself. That doesnt mean everyone cares to get emotional over something that has no bearing on the final product besides how quickly you decide to preorder. People should be free to discuss game announcements as soon as there is news.

Getting emotional over the actual content of the trailer is more understandable. You dont think nerds can still freak out knowing the exact day a Star Wars/Marvel trailer is dropping.

In a world where we’re turning up the heat on publishers manipulating gamers to spend money on MTs, this secrecy/surprise stuff is also something that needs to go away too as it purely a tactic to drive up preorders.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Lol why do people care about leaks? This isn't some great movie or spprts events. E3 is a marketing event. Advertising.

You are worried about having commercials spoiled. Thinks about that.
I'm not really worried about leaks. It was just a joke because of everything that happened last night.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I really enjoyed Sekiro, even nabbed the platinum trophy, but always preferred it to be more of a one-off thing. I'm very excited for FROM to go back to it's bread and butter in a grandiose way.

ChimpBottle

Apr 6, 2018
He will do anything as long as its not writting Winds of Winter
"Well, finished up that prequel script. I guess my schedule's all cleared up... Surely there's some convention this weekend I can attend... no? Hmm, well, I guess nothing left but to pull up WordStar..."

*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Miyaza-"

"I'LL DO IT"

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I can't get over this leak. One of my favourite developers working with one of my favourite writers. The former a trend-setter from Japan and the latter a 60+ man from the US. It's a dream come true, really.

That said, they will probably push GRR involvement for the marketing, but in his blog he stated that he did consulting. We shouldn't expect him to actually write most of the plot or the lore. I guess this will be more of a GRR-approved than a GRR-made thing.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
That said, they will probably push GRR involvement for the marketing, but in his blog he stated that he did consulting. We shouldn't expect him to actually write most of the plot or the lore. I guess this will be more of a GRR-approved than a GRR-made thing.
he isn't really a "brand" like tom clancy (not yet anyway). if he didn't write out much of the lore/world building i'm not sure why they would've bothered. like i could see EA or whoever slathering his name across an rpg he had remote involvement in but i'd like to think From would actually get mileage with the talent

Last edited:

GC-

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over this leak. One of my favourite developers working with one of my favourite writers. The former a trend-setter from Japan and the latter a 60+ man from the US. It's a dream come true, really.

I’m not really a fan of G.R.R Martin but his almost anthropologist approach to settings could work very well if that is what he was consulting on, especially if its medieval Scotland / Northern England inspired like the rumours suggest.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
he isn't really a "brand" like tom clancy (not yet anyway) if he didn't write out much of the lore/world building i'm not sure why they would've bothered. like i could see EA or whoever slathering his name across an rpg he had remote involvement in but i'd like to think From would actually get mileage with the talent
After GOT, especially after Season 8, I can guarantee that this man is a star, a fan hero, and could be used as one of the strongest "brands" in the world right now haha. We'll see, I get what you're saying and I certainly hope you're right. If he manages to find some time between his books, TV shows and interviews to actually write a game, I would be delighted.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Man, imagine a "dark souls" truly open world. I'm excited.

Btw, how much people from software have? Damn haha

Ryuji

Apr 25, 2019
GRRM said he "consulted" on this game. Unless I've missed something else in the news, that doesn't really give us an idea of how large his involvement is. It could be anywhere from a minor to large part of the process.
I really doubt they’d bother bringing on GRRM if it was for a minor thing.

Rumpestump

Dec 8, 2018
I really doubt they’d bother bringing on GRRM if it was for a minor thing.
Or you know they wanted to have the ability to market a game with his name on it. They pay him 1 million to consult on some minor things -> they get to plaster his face on every marketing add and the box art -> they sell a lot of more copies.

Not saying it’s the case here but it’s exactly how it works in LOTS of other places. Celebrity whine is basically someone putting there name on an already available whine and take a few % of the earnings. Same with everything endorsed by a celebrity.

kvn

Oct 28, 2017
B EE R
Or you know they wanted to have the ability to market a game with his name on it. They pay him 1 million to consult on some minor things -> they get to plaster his face on every marketing add and the box art -> they sell a lot of more copies.

Not saying it’s the case here but it’s exactly how it works in LOTS of other places. Celebrity whine is basically someone putting there name on an already available whine and take a few % of the earnings. Same with everything endorsed by a celebrity.
My name is commander shepard and this is my favorite store on the citadel.

Ryuji

Apr 25, 2019

Nice theory but I doubt From Software needs to stoop to that level. They aren't some little known joe shmoe game developer.

Pharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, if the reveal is CG only it will be so disappointing. I'm hoping for at least a gameplay trailer but a gameplay demo would be even better.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
You probably have to wait until August for gameplay. Hopefully enough content in the trailer to keep us speculating.

Rumpestump

Dec 8, 2018
Nice theory but I doubt From Software needs to stoop to that level. They aren't some little known joe shmoe game developer.
They are a company. Companies exist to earn money and if they see one way of doing that is to hire a celebrity to increase their earnings they will do it. Why do you think basically every AAA game nowadays not only use well known game celebrities but actual Hollywood actors? They don’t give two fucks about what level they have to stoop to if a name on a box will perhaps double their income.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Activision did something right by having their reveal of Sekiro consisting of just gameplay

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017

Finally someome who gets it

Status
Not open for further replies.