• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I hate these leaks, and the idiots who do it to just get some attention on twitter.

Why leak something that will be announced on stage in one day, destroying the fun for people who are hyped for e3?

Idiocy.
Hearing about it isn't the same as seeing it. People know when movies are coming out way before the trailers drop. Is no difference. Doesn't make it any less exciting.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so hyped about this loved bloodborne and Sekiro was great too until I got stuck ._.

Hope this game is more so about traversal/ world and has a actual story lmaooo

Dec 8, 2018
well, sekiro was a step in this direction compared to other From games. I'm guessing they'll continue that trajectory with GRRM on board and this game apparently having horses. :3

Sekiro story is by far the worst and most uninteresting in all soulsborne. Sure it's more spelled out for you in dialogue and cutscenes but comes nowhere near my favorite Bloodborne.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Please allow for adjustable difficulty settings, especially for newcomers excited to see a new work from George Martin.
I honestly will be surprised if this even happens. I cannot think of a From game where there is a difficulty setting. I know most of the Armored Cores, if not all, had no difficulty setting. Nine would just destroy you...

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sekiro story is by far the worst and most uninteresting in all soulsborne. Sure it's more spelled out for you in dialogue and cutscenes but comes nowhere near my favorite Bloodborne.
poster mentioned having an acutal story. Which i took as not being cryptic or obtuse like previous From works. I think they'll probably keep the more fleshed out story method for this game as well

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I went with the Threaded Cane for my entire BB playthrough. Loved it.
My man! Me too!! Felt like I was a ninja slaying vampires. Transforming back and forth between the cane and whip is phenomenal.

Reading all this Sekiro negativity is downing though. Fantastic game and it did what it set out to do wonderfully. It's like MGR: Revengeance, (it's not a Souls game, just like MGR:R is not a Metal Gear Solid game)and grossly misunderstood.

Last edited:

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When that Bloodborne trailer dropped in the Sony presser, I was in the theatre watching it live with fellow nerds. Man, nothing like a megaton dropping out of the blue.
I attended multiple theater events myself. That doesnt mean everyone cares to get emotional over something that has no bearing on the final product besides how quickly you decide to preorder. People should be free to discuss game announcements as soon as there is news.

Getting emotional over the actual content of the trailer is more understandable. You dont think nerds can still freak out knowing the exact day a Star Wars/Marvel trailer is dropping.

In a world where we're turning up the heat on publishers manipulating gamers to spend money on MTs, this secrecy/surprise stuff is also something that needs to go away too as it purely a tactic to drive up preorders.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Anti leak people, imagine missing this and the craziness that was the gaf thread :P

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
apparently having horses. :3

Mounts in a FROM game

8bc0f1d691aa1471c12280f2926f7ee1.jpg

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm most excited by Omni's leaked write-up mentioning that people who felt left behind by Sekiro will be back into this big time. I did enjoy Sekiro overall and I'm so, so, so happy that From experiments rather than repeats ideas to exhaustion, but I don't want that game to determine their future direction.

Knowing that he told people to temper their expectations for Sekiro but is now saying Elden Ring is From's ultimate game makes the hype much more believable.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
I'm guessing this is an autumn 2020 title with gameplay revealed in spring. You should be getting native next-gen console versions of it.

just weird to see it advertised for PS4 if we expect the PS5 to be around by Aug 2020. i guess they can't advertise for an unreleased console and i'm certain people will buy it for PS4 who don't adopt early, but come on! call 'em next gen games!

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I noticed there's actually 4 rings and not 3, perhaps a reference to 4 kingdoms (various kingdoms portion of the rumor)?

I think this is a Spring 2020 title. Dark Souls II came out at the tail end of last gen.

Bearwolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped it's fantasy again. I didn't like Sekiro's setting or gameplay. I was hoping it would eventually click but no, it was a chore to beat.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
damn. this is pretty badass of you drift. Lol. Played the game on hard mode
Really? Is Threaded Cane considered a bad weapon? I thought the range it provided gave it a lot of utility. I also found it to be the coolest weapon in the game so i never felt like switching to anything else for long.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really? Is Threaded Cane considered a bad weapon? I thought the range it provided gave it a lot of utility. I also found it to be the coolest weapon in the game so i never felt like switching to anything else for long.
For me personally, out of the three starting weapons, I had the most trouble with the cane. Hunter axe seemed to be the easiest to start off with.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I will be watching the Microsoft event afterall.

But why G.R.R. Martin besides he's the hype fantasy writer of the moment?

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
When that Bloodborne trailer dropped in the Sony presser, I was in the theatre watching it live with fellow nerds. Man, nothing like a megaton dropping out of the blue.
Lmao just Google search project beast and you'll see how hard that shit leaked MONTHS before. We had legit gifs of enemies and combat and a character walking into a fog wall, this logo and single rune two days before announcement really ain't shit in comparison

That thread on Gaf was madness I remember following that every day , tons of fun lol

Dec 6, 2017
US
I mean I like George RR and am psyched about this as fuck but this colab still seems so random, it kind of boggles my mind right now haha. I thought it was a meme gag!

Does he play their games? Is Miyazaki a big fan...? Sorry if I missed any tidbits in here but really curious.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean I like George RR and am psyched about this as fuck but this colab still seems so random, it kind of boggles my mind right now haha. I thought it was a meme gag!

Does he play their games? Is Miyazaki a big fan...? Sorry if I missed any tidbits in here but really curious.
He will do anything as long as its not writting Winds of Winter

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

GRRM said he "consulted" on this game. Unless I've missed something else in the news, that doesn't really give us an idea of how large his involvement is. It could be anywhere from a minor to large part of the process.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
So this will be 5th fromsoft game this gen. 1 sequel(ds3) and 4 new IPs( BB, Sekiro, Deracine and Elden Ring).
I am so happy they are trying new things, not many studios are doing that. They could easily just pump out a dark souls and Bloodborne in consecutive years and make ton of money, but nah. And with Sekiro being their biggest launch despite no multiplayer/rpg elements, I am glad it's paying out for them.
I am in day 1 whatever they do.
wth is Deracine 😮

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think I'm most excited by Omni's leaked write-up mentioning that people who felt left behind by Sekiro will be back into this big time. I did enjoy Sekiro overall and I'm so, so, so happy that From experiments rather than repeats ideas to exhaustion, but I don't want that game to determine their future direction.

Knowing that he told people to temper their expectations for Sekiro but is now saying Elden Ring is From's ultimate game makes the hype much more believable.
I don't know who Omni is, but you've got me hyped now. You have a link to this write up?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
There are literally 1000 hours of Souls content available. I hope they never develop another Souls game. What a complete waste of talent developing the same game for the rest of their lives would be. Sekiro was amazing and I hope they continue to experiment.
Yep.

I love Souls, but I own every game on multiple platforms. And I replay them constantly.

Give me something new.

This obsession for more Souls is wacky given this community's apparent love for new ideas and IP.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not huge From fan. I finished Bloodborne (killed all the bosses minus the real final boss because one stupid umbilical cord) and played around 40% of Dark Souls. That said, I'm incredibly excited for this one. If this is indeed an open world with all the From Software's strengths and a good story it has a chance to be something amazing.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

Miyazaki is a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire. I think I read an article where they toured FROM and got a look inside his office. He had a shelf filled with games, old tabletop games, and books which included ASOIAF.

Still crazy to have them both working together in some capacity on this. FROM have made it big man.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not huge From fan. I finished Bloodborne (killed all the bosses minus the real final boss because one stupid umbilical cord) and played around 40% of Dark Souls. That said, I'm incredibly excited for this one. If this is indeed an open world with all the From Software's strengths and a good story it has a chance to be something amazing.

Real final boss is
a big disappointment anyway, you really didn't miss anything. Gehrman IS the final boss as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a big fan of Bloodborne, fuck Bloodborne 2. In a world where sequels are thrown out everywhere its refreshing to have a studio that will constantly travel in different directions. Move the fuck on.

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao just Google search project beast and you'll see how hard that shit leaked MONTHS before. We had legit gifs of enemies and combat and a character walking into a fog wall, this logo and single rune two days before announcement really ain't shit in comparison

That thread on Gaf was madness I remember following that every day , tons of fun lol
Yeah, I remember that actually. Was FF7 the megaton with no leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.