• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Considering that other Bamco games that leaked had their webpage already up i wonder if we're in only for a small teaser, a CGI video at best.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a summary of the information anywhere? What all we know, etc

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
This is such an inspired collaboration. Hopefully it's more than Martin just attaching his name to a project (although I'm sure lots of people are probably hoping that is the case).

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Real final boss is
a big disappointment anyway, you really didn't miss anything. Gehrman IS the final boss as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. I played the DLC last month and I thought about doing a second run but quickly dismissed the idea. Maybe if they do a patch on PS5 I might do it but right now that's a wrap on BB for me.

PS: The last boss of the DLC was cool as fuck.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Real final boss is
a big disappointment anyway, you really didn't miss anything. Gehrman IS the final boss as far as I'm concerned.

Man. When I published my review of Bloodborne I had an AMAZINGLY timed screenshot of the side-shot in the moonflower lily field right before the final boss battle began and I had to remove it from the review to avoid spoilers. You know the camera angle I'm talking about, just a perfectly fucking captured moment, everything in the game building to that one second.

I ended up using a shot of my character posing with the Holy Blade like he was on a metal album cover in the Cainhurst graveyard instead, but I never did get to get use out of that final boss screenshot. What a shame.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I attended multiple theater events myself. That doesnt mean everyone cares to get emotional over something that has no bearing on the final product besides how quickly you decide to preorder. People should be free to discuss game announcements as soon as there is news.

Getting emotional over the actual content of the trailer is more understandable. You dont think nerds can still freak out knowing the exact day a Star Wars/Marvel trailer is dropping.

In a world where we're turning up the heat on publishers manipulating gamers to spend money on MTs, this secrecy/surprise stuff is also something that needs to go away too as it purely a tactic to drive up preorders.
www.resetera.com

Game devs of Resetera, how do leaks impact your work?

Thought I might as well ask the devs out there. Lot of back and forth about leaks and how they impact game development and game devs. So devs of Resetera. How do/have leaks impacted your work?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol why do people care about leaks? This isn't some great movie or spprts events. E3 is a marketing event. Advertising.

You are worried about having commercials spoiled. Thinks about that.

I'm not really worried about leaks. It was just a joke because of everything that happened last night.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I really enjoyed Sekiro, even nabbed the platinum trophy, but always preferred it to be more of a one-off thing. I'm very excited for FROM to go back to it's bread and butter in a grandiose way.

ChimpBottle

Apr 6, 2018
He will do anything as long as its not writting Winds of Winter

"Well, finished up that prequel script. I guess my schedule's all cleared up... Surely there's some convention this weekend I can attend... no? Hmm, well, I guess nothing left but to pull up WordStar..."

*phone rings*

"Hi, this is Miyaza-"

"I'LL DO IT"

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I can't get over this leak. One of my favourite developers working with one of my favourite writers. The former a trend-setter from Japan and the latter a 60+ man from the US. It's a dream come true, really.

That said, they will probably push GRR involvement for the marketing, but in his blog he stated that he did consulting. We shouldn't expect him to actually write most of the plot or the lore. I guess this will be more of a GRR-approved than a GRR-made thing.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
That said, they will probably push GRR involvement for the marketing, but in his blog he stated that he did consulting. We shouldn't expect him to actually write most of the plot or the lore. I guess this will be more of a GRR-approved than a GRR-made thing.

he isn't really a "brand" like tom clancy (not yet anyway). if he didn't write out much of the lore/world building i'm not sure why they would've bothered. like i could see EA or whoever slathering his name across an rpg he had remote involvement in but i'd like to think From would actually get mileage with the talent

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over this leak. One of my favourite developers working with one of my favourite writers. The former a trend-setter from Japan and the latter a 60+ man from the US. It's a dream come true, really.

I'm not really a fan of G.R.R Martin but his almost anthropologist approach to settings could work very well if that is what he was consulting on, especially if its medieval Scotland / Northern England inspired like the rumours suggest.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
he isn't really a "brand" like tom clancy (not yet anyway) if he didn't write out much of the lore/world building i'm not sure why they would've bothered. like i could see EA or whoever slathering his name across an rpg he had remote involvement in but i'd like to think From would actually get mileage with the talent

After GOT, especially after Season 8, I can guarantee that this man is a star, a fan hero, and could be used as one of the strongest "brands" in the world right now haha. We'll see, I get what you're saying and I certainly hope you're right. If he manages to find some time between his books, TV shows and interviews to actually write a game, I would be delighted.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Man, imagine a "dark souls" truly open world. I'm excited.

Btw, how much people from software have? Damn haha

Dec 8, 2018
I really doubt they'd bother bringing on GRRM if it was for a minor thing.

Or you know they wanted to have the ability to market a game with his name on it. They pay him 1 million to consult on some minor things -> they get to plaster his face on every marketing add and the box art -> they sell a lot of more copies.

Not saying it's the case here but it's exactly how it works in LOTS of other places. Celebrity whine is basically someone putting there name on an already available whine and take a few % of the earnings. Same with everything endorsed by a celebrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.