• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
From here. The interview is about Sekiro, but it went off track. FROM is insisting that the game isn't cancelled too. Thank the nameless anon from /v/ who translated it.

cytbLkl.jpg

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really read that as saying staff from the TV show are helping, just that George is involved.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why would anyone think it's cancelled lol. Weird question.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Elden Ring has staff from foreign drama Game of Thrones participating"
I mean, George is part of the staff of the TV show. Unless it's explicit stated they are engaging with folks from the TV show besides George, my reading is that it's just a way to reference him to audiences unaware of who he is.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Posters from the main news thread think the other talking points besides A are just the interview people talking about Game of Thrones, basically speculating on Martin's involvement and GOT is the reference point they know about him.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the whole game is going to be written by them, it'd just be supporting which is perfectly fine. From isn't gonna make game of souls.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Don't be too ambitious with the game please, I wanna play this before 2023.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Hope to see it out by holiday next year. Kind of glad it took this long so I can play the next gen version.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This might be a better translation:
Yeah, Mordecai626 is right - B and C are talking about GoT. B also says "discrimination", not "racism" specifically.

They're just having a chat about the TV show, and how they're looking forward to Elden because it might have similar elements of painful human drama, etc.
edit:
If that's the case no wonder the game has such little information, he hasn't finished writing the back story.

I'm sorry I'll see myself out.
You are definitely the first to make this joke. It's very clever and totally funny.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
this is the game i'm waiting the most and this lack of info is killing my soul!

I doubt we'll see something, but a little in-game teasing at TGA would be great

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This is less news than them revealing themselves to exist and Miyazaki giving a quote to someone recently. I could hope for them to have some short talking points for TGS, but knowing our luck they'll talk about the boss rush mode for Sekiro more than anything else.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel free to give us an actual look at this game, From. By all means!

Need my secret caves with optional bosses scattered throughout the world, come on now.

Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe a piece of fantasy media has themes of politics/racism, you mean all the discrimination against fantasy races in these was a metaphor?

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Most of the time I forget this game exists, but sometimes I remember FROM is doing like an actual open-world game with horses and shit in collaboration with GRRM. An unbelievable dream-game tbh

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I cannot wait to read the descriptions on an item to find all these interesting themes.
Elden Ring isn't Dark Souls for a reason though. Sekiro's narrative and lore is very explicitly presented in cutscenes, so while I don't think there won't be lore in locations and items, From has shown they'll change the way they present their narrative when doing a different title. Elden Ring could have it's themes present plain to see in cutscenes and regular gameplay dialogue/action.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Elden Ring has staff from foreign drama Game of Thrones participating"

be2af0069d9113546f491e8b82277207.gif

Lets hope its not D&D haha

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
From here. The interview is about Sekiro, but it went off track. Miyisaki is insisting that the game isn't cancelled too. Thank the nameless anon from /v/ who translated it.

Miyazaki, you mean? I don't think he was part of the interview.

Who is the dude answering questions, anyway? Says "Sayawaka," but nothing relevant comes up googling that name + Elden Ring/Sekiro/From Software.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. Hold up. Is the dude leading the interview the Takashi Tokita? Like...one of the people who directed Chrono Trigger? Not sure I've ever seen him in video before!

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Miyazaki, you mean? I don't think he was part of the interview.

Who is the dude answering questions, anyway? Says "Sayawaka," but nothing relevant comes up googling that name + Elden Ring/Sekiro/From Software.
I meant to write FROM. Don't be so aggressive