• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
EEg24jaWniz4YDwZf2uR7g-970-80.png.webp

www.gamesradar.com

Elden Ring's character creation screen has reportedly leaked online

And though the majority of options are blacked out, there's still plenty to see

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
*Sigh*

No dangling dicks? It's just a smooth patch of skin? Even cyberpunk/saints row had this.

Edit: holy shit they have REAAALLLY GOOD beards tho.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the hulk has lost weight and grown a mustache. Good for him

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Some of the monstrosities that people will create. More horrifying than anything in the game itself.

May 21, 2018
I see that the soulsborne tradition of making possible horrendously mutated-looking monstrosities is still alive and well.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Wow they kind of look like people now instead of ghoulish monstrosities

still gonna make a ghoul

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of feels like the same person assigned to designing every souls swamp level is also left to make the character creator

#ItDoesntBelongHere

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Scrubbing through and hearing the dramatic menu noises coinciding with changes in the face is something I needed today.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So instead of "Fashion Souls" what will we call this?

"Elden Styling"?
"Fashion Ring"?
"Elden Fashion"?
"Elden Ring: Fashion Souls of us Part II"

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Currently unable to watch the video in real time but this is definitely From's strongest character creator. I scrubbed through it on my phone. Major improvements over their previous work.

One thing I didn't catch is if there were suitable ethnic features and hairstyles. Anyone know how we're working with there?

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
Looks like they took inspiration from Demon's Souls. It's major step up in their usually character creators.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Huge upgrade from DSIII. Honestly did not expected. Oh and you can still make abomination characters! Everyone will be happy this time lol.

Yoh

Nov 19, 2017
Why does this makes me want to get the game more than anything that has been shown?
Why am I like this?

Mar 21, 2018
Looks infinitely better. Visuals do seem an appreciable step above their previous games. Going to spend waaaaaaaay to long creating my character when this releases. After reading Pride & Prejudice, think I'll do a Tarnished Mr. Darcy.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Oh shit, this looks waaaaaay better than their previous entries. Good shit Fromsoft.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It only took over a decade, but From has finally figured this shit out.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Very high quality.

I guess Demons Souls really did push them.

Demons souls wasn't revealed graphically until Elden Ring was already in full production. I don't think they could have drastically changed anything like you're envisioning just because Demons Souls looked good. They wanted to push themselves regardless and improve.

DimpleSan

Jun 16, 2020
When I saw a trailer for Elden Ring, the graphics looked about the same quality as DS3 and Bloodborne. But these faces and hair look incredible compared to those games! I'm genuinely surprised that From improved this, they've always had low-quality faces in their games.

Edit: Since people brought up Demons Souls remake, I always thought those faces looked absolutely terrible, especially the animation. It was by far the weakest part of the game graphically. From's games don't have technically great faces but at least they weren't artistically goofy-looking like Bluepoint's remake.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Nice. I'm glad I can still make abominations that ruin improve every single cutscene.