• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games of the last decade. Couldn't be happier for FROM. They deserve this success and then some

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is a really impressive number, congratulations to From Software!

now give your employees a better pay.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
They announced 12 million sold on March 16, so 13.4 million at the end of march suggests sales keeping a decent pace.

How long until it hits 20 million? End of the year with a decent sale?

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you referring to the old reviews on From Software's workplace? Because if so, there's no proof to say that they are/aren't paying their staff well now.

If From or Bandai Namco haven't already given them a truckload of money, Kadokawa should have considering that they are From's parent company.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Are you referring to the old reviews on From Software's workplace? Because if so, there's no proof to say that they are/aren't paying their staff well now.

I remember seeing that recently at a JP job board where the data seems to indicate a rather low satisfaction among employees.

careerconnection.jp

フロム・ソフトウェアの会社評判・採用情報(転職・新卒就職) | キャリコネ 口コミ・評判の情報サイト

株式会社フロム・ソフトウェアの年収・給与明細・賞与(ボーナス)・評判、転職・中途採用面接といった転職・就活に役立つ情報を掲載しています。「ゲームに対して非常に熱意がある会社です。 流行に乗らずコンテンツを消費するだけのソシャゲ業界とは一線を画して...」のような転職に役立つ口コミ・評判が観覧できます。

this data could be old but I was brought awareness to it recently and besides Japan is not know for it's healthy work culture so it's not difficult to infer as much. I hope it has improved tbh. they deserve that much and more!

May 2, 2022
If From or Bandai Namco haven't already given them a truckload of money, Kadokawa should have considering that they are From's parent company.

That's understandable but I don't believe FS is same as before.

I remember seeing that recently at a JP job board where the data seems to indicate a rather low satisfaction among employees.

careerconnection.jp

フロム・ソフトウェアの会社評判・採用情報(転職・新卒就職) | キャリコネ 口コミ・評判の情報サイト

株式会社フロム・ソフトウェアの年収・給与明細・賞与(ボーナス)・評判、転職・中途採用面接といった転職・就活に役立つ情報を掲載しています。「ゲームに対して非常に熱意がある会社です。 流行に乗らずコンテンツを消費するだけのソシャゲ業界とは一線を画して...」のような転職に役立つ口コミ・評判が観覧できます。

this data could be old but I was brought awareness to it recently and besides Japan is not know for it's healthy work culture so it's not difficult to infer as much. I hope it has improved tbh. they deserve that much and more!

I checked some of the reviews and the latest is from 2016, so who knows?

And of course, the team deserve more, they created a beast.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming this is both digital and physical? I can't imagine this being physical only? Regardless, not a surprise, as it's still in Steam's Global top 10 charts. It's been in Steam's top 10 for 20 weeks now!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Great, now they can afford to fix their shit that's been broken for so long now!
(really though, its success is well deserved in general)

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Miyazaki cant keep getting away with this!

Actually, he can because he has never made a bad Souls game

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games ever made and Top 3 of open world games.
Well deserved. 20 million next.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Numbers aren't really that up to date. We got the 12 million sold press release in mid-March, and if this indicates 13.4 million shipped as of 31 March, that's pretty much within the same window. Would be interesting to see what numbers in April and May have been like.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
332eb394-a51e-47f8-b2f8-b285da85e958_text.gif

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Imagining someone who wasn't familiar with these games playing Elden Ring for the first time... it must be a really insane experience.

Numbers aren't really that up to date. We got the 12 million sold press release in mid-March, and if this indicates 13.4 million shipped as of 31 March, that's pretty much within the same window. Would be interesting to see what numbers in April and May have been like.

Hopefully they'll give another update as of june 30 (which would be anounced at the end of July/start of August in their next earnings report).

Though it's also possible they'll announce the 15M milestone in a tweet, assuming it hasn't passed that yet.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Tbh this is a little disappointing. It sold 12 mil in first 18 days. I thought it would at least reach 15 mil by the end of March. Now it's highly unlikely that it will reach 20mil till the end of the year. Maybe about 16-17 mil.
Again it's still a very successful title but looks like it's a little frontloaded

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
Aside from direct gaming implications and From's future development, I'm really curious about Elden Ring extensions in other media.
They already said to expect something in that direction, right?

AJUK

May 28, 2019
Great game, I'm enjoying it even though I don't have any idea what I'm doing

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Don't know if it's deserved since I've only played about 8 hours with some annoying stuttering, but I wouldn't want it to not sell so I guess it's all good.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Finishing my second playthrough (first was 140 hours, this one around 80), already thinking about a third one, even though other games are waiting for me (Sakura Wars, Dragon's Dogma, Ruined King).
Fantastic game and one of my all-time favorites.

The DLC can't come soon enough!

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Was day one…and am still playing it regularly. Other than the couple MMO and MMO type/lite games I've played, it's rare I stick with a game going on 3 straight months (also helps I was able to convince my fiancé to try it and now she's hooked).