• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I find the combat itself engaging enough, but man I just can't handle the actual dungeon/world navigation. That sort of free-form, 360 degree looking/movement just feels super frustrating to me on a touch screen.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Most of this is copied from my Game Informer post with some alterations:

The game definitely has its issues, but it's early access and decently fun for a mobile game.

Fallout 4 had weapon damage types, and I'm very glad to see Blades has the same thing. There's slashing (daggers and swords), cleaving (axes), and bashing (hammers and maces). For elemental damage, poison has been added as the fourth damage type while frost, fire, and shock remain. Different armor has different resistances and each enemy is resistant and weak to something or multiple things. Condition is back thankfully, and it's not a big hassle (it weakens your equipment, but you can still use it when it's broke).

There's a lot that I really hope gets into TES VI, especially because RPG-wise, TES VI will benefit from it greatly. For example, skeletons in TES VI should be resistant to slashing, but they'd be weak against bashing. I've always thought that even in Skyrim, they needed weapon damage types.

There's some things I don't like as much, such as the levels being more linear (understandable for now), no jumping, XP leveling and not by skills (skills are removed and there's just perks now), parts of the town being inaccessible because they're blocked (can't get on a ledge or behind the town hall), none of the houses being accessible, no player home, not being able to interact as much and sit or rest, no sneaking, etc. The game gets harder as you level up almost like they want you to pay (and I have very good equipment) which I hate. Also, there's just armor, not light or heavy (because there's no skills), but each armor set has its unique traits and resistances. I'm hoping guilds will be added in later, and if they add interiors, I think it would be cool to be able to decorate your own. I would love to decorate them all, but that'll probably backfire and take years to be able to afford that.

It's a good basis overall, and I really can't wait to see what they bring in later. I'm already level 19, and it's much harder than your typical TES game if you don't pay attention to weaknesses and whatnot (some enemies like trolls need to be nerfed BADLY). I don't really see the things that I don't like about it being in TES VI because it really goes against the foundation of the typical titles. Like with XP-based leveling, it makes sense in Blades because of its mobile nature and its quest system. It wouldn't make sense in TES VI. You can't really be what you want in Blades, but its a mobile title and very understandable. Because there's no sneaking and bows, you can't be your typical archer or rogue class. But yeah, I wouldn't look at the negatives and say it'll be like that in TES VI because that wouldn't make sense. The positives though? Most likely.

Final thing is that since it's in Early Access, it's far from finished in regards to your base game (it will definitely be updated WAY beyond this of course). Jewelry hasn't been added in yet, neither has the Arena and the Main Quest is far from finished. The last Main Quest you can do is level 10. Main Quest and special quests aren't scaled, but your bounty quests are. I'll most likely switch to consoles or PC when they're out. I can't handle the controls on this. I've died several times because part of my hand is touching part of the screen or something else to where I can't block/attack properly. Not sure if it's an issue with my iPhone X, but the right side of the screen doesn't always register.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
1. So was an OT made and I missed it, or we not doing one since it's early access?
2. Did the majority give up on it or not like it? A few positive comments in the thread, but mostly critical so makes me think the people who like it are simply Elder Scrolls die hards?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
1. So was an OT made and I missed it, or we not doing one since it's early access?
2. Did the majority give up on it or not like it? A few positive comments in the thread, but mostly critical so makes me think the people who like it are simply Elder Scrolls die hards?

I'm still playing a ton, but mostly reading and posting on reddit since the game isn't nearly as well received here.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got a notification, there's a 3 MB update : https://bethesda.net/community/topic/335136/blades-update-4-11-2019

Hello Blades community!

Thank you for playing The Elder Scrolls: Blades and helping us make changes during this Early Access period. We've updated the following:

• Silver Chests! These now only take one hour to open, or 12 Gems. (They were 3 hours and 36 gems before).
  • Wood Chests and Elder Chests have been added to Job rewards. Elder Chests are extremely rare, but possible.
  • Silver Chests no longer appear in the Abyss.
  • Adjusted Abyss floors below your level to reward more experience points.
  • Added confirmation for any Gem use above 11, so you don't accidentally use higher amounts.
Thanks again and keep sending us your feedback. We can't believe how many of you are playing, and playing a lot! We'll have more changes during Early Access as we tune and balance the game. Stay tuned!

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised to click on this thread and find out there will be a -2HR adjustment to silver chests. I was ok with stopping playing the game because the silvers were getting tedious but this might keep me in awhile longer.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
So it kind of fixes the problem but now requires players to log into the game once an hour now to progress, instead of once every 3 hours. Scummy f2p design.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
it's OK, level 11 now and 3 skull dungeons are tough, never enough limestone though.

I think this is meant to be played in short bursts unlike TES, so I open any golden chests last thing at night and they are ready in the morning. Combat isn't brilliant, very basic and the spells don't seem very powerful.

Haven't been tempted to pay anything, there are daily freebies and the lower difficulty dungeons can be farmed pretty quickly.

Overall liking the game, short bursts only though, shame it isn't open world though.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Just an FYI for anyone still playing this. I "beat the game" today (killed the final boss thanks to a lucky bonus enchant on a shield). I also put a refund request in for gems I purchased on the 15th. Here's my post on Reddit describing why:
Refund request submitted. I purchased gems on the 15th, the update was pushed on the 11th, the information that they REMOVED end-game gear from the end-game dungeon was provided to us on the 18th. The change to chests was made public, but this shit wasn't. It's pretty clear that they 100% hid that information from the players to coax more purchases out of "good faith".

Yes, I'm a bit salty. But not because I'm out money (I don't care about that). I'm upset because we ACTIVELY called them out on this and they waited until TODAY to acknowledge it. It's like Bethesda learned absolutely NOTHING from FO76.

Check out this thread for more details.

Long story short, Bethesda straight up "forgot" to tell us that they removed the end-game gear from the end-game dungeon and made it so it's only available in gold/elder/legendary chests. So basically straight up P2W (especially once Arena comes out).

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Did silver chests just get nerfed? I seem to be only getting 3 items from them now.

Edit: nevermind. Got more items now after about 3 chests.

Last edited:

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm such a noob, lol. I didn't know about the left/right thumb-combo damage. Now that I do I just blaze through even the hardest enemies and max difficulty quests. Get wrecked!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The price of building houses going up exponetially is such bullshit. I have the main street filled out and now building on the side areas costs 50k then jumps to 63k. It makes no sense at all that this should increase besides trying to force people into spending real money to mitigate the grind.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So does anyone know the resistances and weaknesses of the undead dragon? I get conflicting information when I search for answers. Some say fire bashing and some shock bashing.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Uhm.. Has anyone else gotten an error recently? I just got a resync one and everytime I reboot I'm at the start of the game where you choose your race etc.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I am still hooked. At 2.5M XP right now, only farming for weeks. Needs more content badly, lets see what Bethesda press conference brings. Pure mobile garbage of course, but the first that got me. Spent quite some money, but it works fine without if you don't do extreme farming.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Has anyone been able to get the E3 rewards? I've been logging in all week and haven't been able to get them at all on Android.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Started playing this week and it's fun. I don't think there is any first person ARPG in this style on mobile, and I love the Town Building aspect which ties into what quests you get and what kind of buold you want for your character. The Freemium feel is there though like a terrible shadow, I wish this was a premium 20€ one time purchase cause its worth it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Massive 1.5 update coming. Removed chest timers, player Guilds and PVP!

BLADES IS BETTER WITH FRIENDS
PvP isn't the only thing coming to Blades in our new Arena mode - we're also excited to announce that you'll finally be able to form and join guilds! Experiencing Blades with your friends in a guild will open up several new options for you. Need something specific? Trade materials with one of your guildmates! Want to see one of your friends' towns? You'll be able to visit them and even purchase items from merchants in the town. In addition, PvP is tied to guilds; as you make your way through the PvP leaderboards, you'll not only be making a name for yourself, but representing your guild as well.

Blades is the only mobile game I play right now. It's easy enough to get to 50 and Town level 10 without paying anything. It will be even easier now that chest timers are removed.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on the Switch release?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
New update is out. PvP Arena. Guilds. No chest timers!

I started an Era guild if anyone is interested. You can visit other guild member towns and I have a level 10 town if anyone needs it.

It's called A New Era. I made it application only so it doesn't fill up with random people. Send me a PM after you apply so I can get you in. Make sure to PM me since I'm getting a ton of random apps.

Last edited: