Electric Vehicles |OT| EV 2.0

Ryno23

Dec 13, 2017
Holy shit, only 900? I'm talking to 2 dealerships in Orange County, CA, and one has 4 vehicles and the other has 3. But that totally explains their complete unwillingness to move the price. They wouldn't even drop it $900 to make it an even $40k.
Oooo. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Well yeah if an EV is only for sale basically in California in limited numbers that should be a hint that it's just a cynical sleezy gaming of the zero emissions mandate and not a serious attempt to you know manufacturer and sell Evs... And all the companies pulling this crap should absolutely be called out.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah if an EV is only for sale basically in California in limited numbers that should be a hint that it's just a cynical sleezy gaming of the zero emissions mandate and not a serious attempt to you know manufacturer and sell Evs... And all the companies pulling this crap should absolutely be called out.
Kona EVs are on sale here in MA as well.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
EU has regs around needing A manufacturer total product range to average <75g Co2. PHEVs and EVs really help being that average down and they need to sell in enough volumes to offset higher emission vehicles. So it is in their interests to have higher supply.

for the Kona it may just have caught them off guard. They’ve been providing them actively to you tubers which you’d think they might not bother if it was just a paper exercise

Ryno23

Dec 13, 2017
EU has regs around needing A manufacturer total product range to average <75g Co2. PHEVs and EVs really help being that average down and they need to sell in enough volumes to offset higher emission vehicles. So it is in their interests to have higher supply.

for the Kona it may just have caught them off guard. They’ve been providing them actively to you tubers which you’d think they might not bother if it was just a paper exercise

I misspoke it was ~1,700 for the year, ~900 in Q4

For the US it absolutely is a paper excersize, I think the majority of the production is going to EU for the very reasons you stated. Regardless the point is these companies are only doing the absolute bare minimum to scrape by and not a single unit more.

Basically I'm suspicious of anything that isn't even at the Leafs level, 1k a month seems like a basic token minimum effort, the Eton of course is luxury and has tons of marketing $$ behind it though so it's different:

Last edited: