• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Zomby just dropped a new album that I just bought.

Got super-hyped when I saw it on Boomkat ("a new Modern Love release by Zomby!?") but then I checked out the samples... GOD, I can't stand that type of grime, especially with Zomby's old bleepy approach. Disappointed is an understatement :(

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
His last album was really, really good. Loved the collabs with Darkstar and Rezzett. This new one seems to have been produced in 2008-2009 according to the writeup. Shame as i'd love more of what we heard on Ultra.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey,

Not sure if this is the place for it or not but Pan Daijing is slated to perform at Open Frame: Room 40 in Australia next year. Along with a performance of Eliane Radigue's Hexa XXIV by Cat Hope.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, completely unsurprising results for me when it comes to my Spotify habits:

gTQFgIx.png

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
New to this thread! Looking forward to discovering new stuff, been in a bit of a loop discovery-wise. I'm heading to Weval next week after checking out a couple of tracks. Really liking their sound.

Weval - Gimme Some Easier

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Any Londoners here? How is Fabric as a venue? I'm in town this weekend and my hotel is literally next door, so I might check out Maya Jane Coles and Kim Ann Foxman on Saturday, but paying for it and going solo only really makes sense if it's a nice place.

Kaiser Franco

Oct 28, 2017
Clarian.jpeg

Clarian to release debut album, 'Television Days'

The Montreal-based artist just revealed he's about to drop his anticipated debut LP via Australia's Balance Music label.
Entitled 'Television Days', the album comes after an "unusual winter in Mexico in which Clarian was exiled by a local cult". Produced in Berlin and influenced by a Casio watch he found under the bed of an Airbnb, it follows the tragic adventures of Kevin Jones, a decadent television scriptwriter that is obsessed with Carl Sagan's book 'Cosmos', believing he is being contacted by ancient astronauts.

The first promotional single is 'Under the Gun', a track filled with exuberant lo-fi synthesizers and percussion, fused with Clarian's vocals. Remixes come from Tiga and Michael Mayer.

In Clarian's own words this is "a surreal self-examination of fears and mentalities after several night-time tours and free music production to experience and explores strange and fantastic worlds."

'Television Days' will be released February 2018 on Balance Music.

Looking forward to this one.

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Time to revive this topic. Boiled down the albums I've listened to into a top 20 list:

1) Ninos Du Brasil - Vida Eterna
2) Varg - Nordic Flora Series Pt. 3: Gore-Tex City
3) Claro Intelecto - Exhilarator
4) Sigha - Metabolism
5) Yuji Kondo - Faces Past
6) 1800HaightStreet - Endless
7) Legowelt - Legendary Freaks In The Trash Of Time
8) Perc - Bitter Music
9) Tzusing ‎- 東方不敗
10) Turinn - 18 1/2 Minute Gaps
11) DJ Seinfeld - Time Spent Away From U
12) Actress - AZD
13) Broken English Club - The English Beach
14) Deepchord - Auratones
15) Delta Funktionen - Junior High School Excursion To The Parallel World
16) Emmanuel - Rave Culture
17) Kettenkarussell - Insecurity Guard
18) Conforce - Autonomous
19) Kangding Ray - Hyper Opal Mantis
20) Nick Höppner - Work

Share yours!

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
Good list. Top 20 releases for me this year starting with best are:

1. Sophia Kennedy - Sophia Kennedy
2. Beatrice Dillon & Call Super - Inkjet / Fluo
3. Vatican Shadow - Luxor Necropolitics
4. John T. Gast - wygdn
5. M.E.S.H. - Hesaitix
6. Kelly Lee Owens - Kelly Lee Owens
7. Mount Kimbie - Love What Survives x Teengirl Fantasy - 8AM
8. LOFT - Three Settlements Four Ways
9. Visionist - Value
10. Adam Feingold - Rapcha
11. Blanck Mass - World Eater
12. Parris - Your Kiss Is Sour
13. Avalon Emerson - Whities 013
14. Octo Octa - Where Are We Going?
15. Various Artists - mono no aware
16. J.G. Biberkopf - Fountain of Meaning
17. Roman Flügel - Fabric 95 x Call Super - Fabric 92
18. Dekmantel 10 Years EP series
19. Mana - Creature
20. Lapalux - The End of Industry

Some of my favourite tracks from this year have been:

Baltra - Fade Away (Vocal)
Seekersinternational - RunComeTest
Baba Stiltz - Can't Help It
Baba Stiltz - This Is It (Body Mix)
Dedekind Cut - The Expanding Domain (feat. Dirch Heather, Prurient & Zack Hill)
Dedekind Cut - Das Expanded, Untitled Riff (feat. Elysia Crampton & Mica Levi)
Oneohtrix Point Never - The Pure and the Damned (feat. Iggy Pop)
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - An Intention (Cumulonimbus Remix by Joe Goddard)
Nicolas Jaar - A Coin in Nine Hands
Kelela - Take Me Apart
Kelela - Enough
Blue Hawaii - Free at Last
Karen Gwyer - The Workers Are on Strike
Busy P - Genie (feat. Mayer Hawthorne) [Reckonwrong Remix]

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Any Londoners here? How is Fabric as a venue? I'm in town this weekend and my hotel is literally next door, so I might check out Maya Jane Coles and Kim Ann Foxman on Saturday, but paying for it and going solo only really makes sense if it's a nice place.

Probably too late on this but Fabric is an alright venue. It's not the Fabric it once was though due to the closure. Not sure I would recommend anyone to go there now. Hope you had fun if you went.

Just made this playlist and thought I would post it here in case anyone is into psytrance:

https://open.spotify.com/user/ivorbiguns/playlist/1NQOIOtGtfM8pCFdnCB5c2

Let me know if that's not appropriate for any reason. :)

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
How you guys feel about the Awakenings lineup? soooo many people I'm dying to see on the lineup this year, hopefully I can make it out

awakenings-.png

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing line-up as usual at Awakenings. A lot of the standard names, obviously, but more than enough odd numbers to make it super-interesting.

Anyway, time for me to post again, check out this upcoming compilation on The Bunker New York, 15 Years of The Bunker.

Tracklist:

01 David Last - Physical Value System
02 Coward - Bend Back
03 rrao - Anita
04 Mike Servito & Justin Cudmore - Juice Boxx
05 Lady OSC. - OAO
06 Jasen Loveland - Paranoid Raver Pt. 3 (4AM Curfew Mix)
07 J.F. Burma - Good Servant Bad Master
08 Tin Man - Melt Acid
09 Wata Igarashi - Adrenochrome
10 Mark Verbos - Meet Me There
11 Leisure Muffin - Isoprene.
12 Løt.te - La marée
13 Ectomorph - Snake Charmer
14 Abby Echiverri - Dento Ronso
15 Clay Wilson - Arado
16 zemi17 - Awera
17 Derek Plaslaiko - Praia da Amália
18 Neel - Sima
19 Forma - MMT-H8
20 Gunnar Haslam - Isola
21 Function - Norfolk Street Acid
22 Marco Shuttle - Ewe Tech
23 Romans - Novaria
24 Tobias. - Impossible.
25 Justin Cudmore - Real Shock
26 Ulysses - No Matter How Many Hastags You Use You'll Still Die Alone

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The EDM thread and this one should just be a single thread I swear. New Daniel Avery and Negative Gemini EP's are out today!

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
So they finally released the Movement lineup and I got to say I'm pretty disappointed. There is definitely some must see artist but other wise its a big step down from last years lineup. Why in there world did they book Diplo and headliners that aren't even Techno??? Now i have to sell this early bird ticket I bought :-/

movement-2018-full-lineup.jpg

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So they finally released the Movement lineup and I got to say I'm pretty disappointed. There is definitely some must see artist but other wise its a big step down from last years lineup. Why in there world did they book Diplo and headliners that aren't even Techno??? Now i have to sell this early bird ticket I bought :-/

movement-2018-full-lineup.jpg

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
A bit LTTP but holy fuck, this has be jumping and tearing my hair out in my apartment

Add to Avalon Emerson's set at Printworks as killer 2017 live sets that work just as brilliantly at home.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Hauff is so amazing and one of the main reasons I might still go to Movement. I listen to her Essentials mix all the time

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
I hope Avalon has an album coming out sometime soon and some more from Hauff.

2018 is looking pretty spesh already, with new Koze in may and a Rezzett album!?!?!? :O

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Rezzett's album is quite good, gonna jam it for some time. Koze's will be killer as well, too bad it's still a while until it hits.

Can highly recommend the new Answer Code Request album "Gens", releasing today. Fat as hell, very Aphex Twin-like mixed with some good breakbeat-ish techno.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Nicolas Jaar a.k.a. Against All Logic record is really really nice. A lot more clubby than some of the stuff on "Sirens."

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah, Rezzett's album is quite good, gonna jam it for some time. Koze's will be killer as well, too bad it's still a while until it hits.

Can highly recommend the new Answer Code Request album "Gens", releasing today. Fat as hell, very Aphex Twin-like mixed with some good breakbeat-ish techno.

Really digging that Gens album