• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
That new Koze is amazing. Even more pumped up for the album now!

Anyways, I've slowly pulled back a bit from ordinary boom-boom techno, felt I got an overload of it recently. But then I stumbled upon this amazing EP, Stef Mendesidis - Cyborg EP. For some reason, it hits all the correct notes since I find each and every single track on it amazing and hypnotic. The favorite has to be the last track, "Minimalist Birmingham", ouff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o8dGAVoGgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTsytfFxSxw

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
Some nice brand of distortion on those trax ^

Currently I can't get enough of Vatican Shadow - Luxor Necropolitics EP from last year. Reading an interview lately with Joshua Estis (Telefon Tel Aviv) he says he produced the whole thing while Dominick Fernow sat on the couch lmao. Joshua Estis is a talented dude

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
That Vatican Shadow EP is the bomb, love it badly.

Anyway, figured I'd pimp this amazing compilation from Physical Therapy's label Allergy Season, Physically Sick 2. 44(!) tracks, both new and old, from some quite famous artists and producers:

https://physicallysick2.bandcamp.com/

01. Fatima Al Qadiri - Pre-Extinction (Incompatibility)
02. Tygapaw - BLACK WOMXN EXPERIENCE
03. FOOZOOL & 8ULENTINA - Plasma
04. Elysia Crampton - Oscollo (Drums Only Version)
05. Ziúr - Damage-Relate
06. Giant Swan - IGOM
07. Pelada - Destado
08. íñtérséctíóń - Terms And Conditions
09. Enayet Kabir - Chokkor
10. Varg - B__H_I : 247
11. Nikita Zabelin - Four Gents (Quartett)
12. False Witness - Claudia Jones
13. BEARCAT - VIVA
14. Hiro Kone - Twisted
15. Tzusing - Cubicle
16. M.E.S.H. - Gov Patrol
17. E-Saggila - Carbon Snare
18. Shannon Funchess - See That Nigga
19. Xexexe - Air For One
20. Le1f - Zone Angel
21. Oprah Goldberg - Pre Copy
22. Exael - Flowered Knife Shadows
23. Ciel - Terracotta
24. Anthony Parasole - In The Stars
25. Matrixxman & Physical Therapy - 5 Years (Pt.1)
26. Umfang - Complete Your Collection
27. Roma Zuckerman - Shakedown
28. Lauren Flax & Tigga Calore - Earthquake
29. Lady Blacktronika - Crazy Bantu Boy
30. Doxa - Disideratum
31. Ciarra Black - By Design
32. Rune Bagge - Demons
33. Puce Mary - A Severed Head
34. Elmo Crumb - I'm Still Dizzy
35. Laurel Halo - Excerpt From An Open Letter To John Paul II
36. PAUL - Presevero
37. Pil - Toy
38. Beta Librae - Short Circuit
39. Liquid Asset - 4u
40. Kiki Kudo - Freakey Ke Ke
41. Si Begg - Sick And Tired Of Bullshit
42. Bryn Barnett - Low
43. Mobilegirl - Passing
44. EMBACI - Walk on May 5th

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
New Jon Hopkins album out May 4th, and I think it's his first released song in a few years: . Saw him at Warehouse Project in '16 and he definitely played this song, so good to finally have a decent recording on it. Absolutely psyched for his follow up to Immunity.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Any Grimes fans in here? Not sure if she qualifies as electronic.

I love Kill V. Maim but I've listened to some of her other songs and haven't cared for them. Anyone got any recommendations based on my love for that song?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Came across this somewhat recently and absolutely love it. Any recommendations for anything similar would be very appreciated!

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I Hate Models has that trance-EBM-techno locked down, so I just suggest you delve deeper into his discography!

Anyway, for all fans of Prince of Denmark and for vinyl buyers, he is unleashing two new triple-vinyl albums under new aliases, seemingly away from Giegling.

Be fast, since I bet these vinyls will be sold out faaaast. Hopefully it's not an elaborate April prank at least...

http://allpossibleworlds.de

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Somebody flagged this to me last night. I've bought both.

I'm wondering if one will be 4/4 action, one will be weird out electronics.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
I am traveling around Asia for 8 months and if there's one thing I am missing it's definitely the music from back home. I still keep track of releases since I also DJ. Quite looking forward to do some DJ'ing again when I am back in the summer. :)

Some of my favorites from the past months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMlWFxa1qSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YycTW6mBGDA

Came across this somewhat recently and absolutely love it. Any recommendations for anything similar would be very appreciated!
Check out JKS, Tim Tama, the YouTube channel 'Jealos' and this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nnhCHn6tU

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was a 4 day bank holiday weekend this past weekend here in the UK... so you know I had to hit up the huge Printworks lineup on Sunday April 1st: Ben Klock, RØDHÅD, DVS1, Surgeon, DJ Nobu, Etapp Kyle.
I love the Printworks venue and the lineup was fucking great. They all killed it. Amazing time. It's always interesting to see how one's taste changes with time. Never use to be a techno guy, always house, now I love the techno raves.

Last edited:

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Was a 4 day bank holiday weekend this past weekend here in the UK... so you know I had to hit up the huge Printworks lineup on Sunday April 1st: Ben Klock, RØDHÅD, DVS1, Surgeon, DJ Nobu, Etapp Kyle.
I love the Printworks venue and the lineup was fucking great. They all killed it. Amazing time. It's always interesting to see how one's taste changes with time. Never use to be a techno guy, always house, now I love the techno raves.

that lineup was stacked, must have been an amazing show

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New 0PN record out 6/1.
WARP295_Packshot_1400%20(1).jpg

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Dan Lissvik (of Studio and Atelje) released four and half hours of his archives this week. All sorts of songs and scraps, all wonderful. Such a nice surprise from a guy we don't get to hear from nearly often enough.

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I think it's pretty frickin' great and much better than Drone Logic. Among the top 2018 albums for me so far, but Oscar Mulero - Perfect Peace is still sitting safely at the top.

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
That was upon first listen, i'll give it another go tonight after winding down. Maybe i'm just pist because my right monitor has a ground loop hissing at me.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I need to check it out, although I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with his switch to doomy techno. Slow Fade and the remixes package didn't really do it for me.

Got Skee Mask and the new PomPom to check, plus I'm summoning the energy to write about the new Efdemin mix. I'll also get under those Traumprinz albums when they arrive:

EDIT:

Ok I think I retract what I saw from what I hear of the Avery album. It sounds nice. I am pretty pleased that I already own my two favourite tracks from it on vinyl (Sensation/Clear).

Last edited:
OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, received my copy of Dax J's new album, "Offending Public Morality". Thought it would just be a good follow-up to his previous techno-banger-album (especially since his label just put out the Thomas P. Heckmann album), but it's absolutely fantastic. Really, reeeeaaally good blend of hard techno, EBM, breakbeat/drum 'n' bass and various other electronic influences. Highly recommended, some samples here:

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/95184-monnom014-dax-j-public-morality-2-x-lp

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Damn, received my copy of Dax J's new album, "Offending Public Morality". Thought it would just be a good follow-up to his previous techno-banger-album (especially since his label just put out the Thomas P. Heckmann album), but it's absolutely fantastic. Really, reeeeaaally good blend of hard techno, EBM, breakbeat/drum 'n' bass and various other electronic influences. Highly recommended, some samples here:

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/95184-monnom014-dax-j-public-morality-2-x-lp

I was listening to it yesterday on the HATE youtube chanel and you're right, its absolutely fantastic. I get to catch him later this month in LA and I'm hella excited

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The mix? I need to get my finger out and write about that. IA Tom met up with him in Berlin last week and went around his studio, we should have an interview to be coming too.

I'm going to do something on the Prime Minister Of Doom album too.

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the Essential Mix suggestion ohhthegore , downloaded it now and will delve into it tonight.

Anyway, picked up my package just now with the two new Traumprinz/Prince of Denmark albums. Gotta say, the packaging and covers are awesome, you can feel love poured into them from the get-go.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Really like DJ Healer. If some more PMOD comes out, I'll grab on sight in the hope it contains some of the stuff from the mix from earlier this year.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
I am really liking the new Koze track. Guarenteed summer burner

Regarding the darker Techno-side I'm blown away by the performance from Paula Temple at Time Warp.
Hard to find a better Techno Set this year I guess.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
my goodness do I LOVE Paula Temple, I'm really hoping I get a chance to catch her and Rebekah here in the states sometime before the year is over

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
my goodness do I LOVE Paula Temple, I'm really hoping I get a chance to catch her and Rebekah here in the states sometime before the year is over

Yeah, wanted to see Temple in Berlin last year but missed her unfortunately.
I first heard her in the Radioshow Subterror Radio, where they played her set from Detroits Movement Festival. It has so many great moments (starts at the one hour-mark)

Never heard of Rebekah, does she play a similiar sound?

OP
OP
BeeDog

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I first heard her in the Radioshow Subterror Radio, where they played her set from Detroits Movement Festival. It has so many great moments (starts at the one hour-mark)

Rebekah is quite a good DJ and she has a lot of her own productions out there. She usually plays very dark techno; maybe not as unique as Temple, but worth a shot. Saw her once here in Stockholm and was happy with the gig.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017

You have no idea how upset I am that I'm going to Movement next weekend and they didn't book her for this year. But yeah Rebekah is a little similar, they play B2B sets sometimes together

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
You have no idea how upset I am that I'm going to Movement next weekend and they didn't book her for this year. But yeah Rebekah is a little similar, they play B2B sets sometimes together
Wow would like to join in, but Detroit is a bit bit far away from Germany... (Just been to Boston once but going on o rave in Detroit or Chicago is totally on my list, so maybe next time). Wish you a great time and would appreciate if you would post some impressions.
@ BeeDog: Thanks for the link, I will certainly give it a listen.
Although I am a bit underwhelmed by techno in general these days. Much of it sounds to samey, many DJs are not trying to cross a line. Thats why I like when DJs try to bend the genre like I hate models who mixes a good bag of industrial to his stuff or Prince of Denmark who does the most mesmerizing and ambiatic techno I know of.

Last edited:

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was on my first rave this weekend and I gotta say I'm officially converted now. I was always fascinated by techno and rave culture but for some reason could never get into the music. I never hated techno, but I didn't like it either. Was just indifferent
I guess I had to experience it live once to really get and appreciate it. And WOW. One of the best evenings of my life. And it was just like they say, the music was literally inside me and I was in sort of a trance all night long. Never had so much fun on a night out. Although I'm sure the mdma played a part in that as well :P
And the thing that I loved the most was everybody was there to have fun and dance. Nobody is judging you for how you look or how you dance, no superficial posers who just stand on the side trying to look cool, pick up chicks and update their instagram profile. Just people who are there for the music only.

Will need to do a crash course in Techno though before I start going out more. What I can already say is that I dig minimal techno and I'm not really into the "pop" side of Techno that sounds like it could've been made by Aviic or David Guetta. Not really familiar with all the Techno slang yet but I think you get what I mean.
I LOVE that Paula Temple set that was posted here. Any recommendations of similar sounds?

Last edited:

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
I was on my first rave this weekend and I gotta say I'm officially converted now. I was always fascinated by techno and rave culture but for some reason could never get into the music. I never hated techno, but I didn't like it either. Was just indifferent
I guess I had to experience it live once to really get and appreciate it. And WOW. One of the best evenings of my life. And it was just like they say, the music was literally inside me and I was in sort of a trance all night long. Never had so much fun on a night out. Although I'm sure the mdma played a part in that as well :P
And the thing that I loved the most was everybody was there to have fun and dance. Nobody is judging you for how you look or how you dance, no superficial posers who just stand on the side trying to look cool, pick up chicks and update their instagram profile. Just people who are there for the music only.

Will need to do a crash course in Techno though before I start going out more. What I can already say is that I dig minimal techno and I'm not really into the "pop" side of Techno that sounds like it could've been made by Aviic or David Guetta. Not really familiar with all the Techno slang yet but I think you get what I mean.
I LOVE that Paula Temple set that was posted here. Any recommendations of similar sounds?

First of all: Welcome to the club. It's always nice reading how someone experiences his or her first rave.
What you are describing is also what I like about techno-culture. It's about the music and the get together, not just about your self.
My perfect experience is always at around 3-4 am in the morning: a small packed club, with as many as possible, raving and sweating to raw techno.
Nothing gets better than that.

So the techno spectrum is quite big: there is more darker and faster stuff, more abstract and experimental techno, slower stuff which goes more in the house direction (at leats bpm-wise).
Here are some of my favorites:

Prince of Denmark - Prypjat
My favorite artist, who has also released under the names Traumprinz and DJ Metatron. In his aliases he plays different house styles. Traumprinz is the 90s club-packed music, Metatron is more of "cheesy" house with deep charakter behind the facade.
But as Prince of Denmark he is living out the dark side. Totally mesmerizing slowly evolving techno. I would say it is a perfect combination of dark ambient styles and slower techno. His set for Taiwanese FM-Station Smoke Machine might be my favorite set of all time.
So much light and darkness within a drifty vibe. Check out the mix "Live at planet uterus", if you like the style of it.

The track Daydream from I hate models might be my favorite technotrack of 2016. A good mixture of Techno and Industrial. I cannot imagine a better clubbanger.
That at 4am in the morning in a croweded club with good speakers is a dream come true (for me at least). The artist is relatively new and quite young (I think 19 years old), but he seems to already have a great career in front of him.
He also has other stuff, mostly very dark and going with industrial

Not a Technotrack per se, but real strong and hard power house from Head High: Rave (Dirt Mix)
Has a really strong vibe, with good raw atmosphere. Head High is also producing under the other alias named Shed. Under this name he is doing more darker Techno stuff, mostly for the Berlin Label Ostgut Ton.

Another one comes from germany based artist Vril. It is a track I have been listening to for years and just has a great nostalgic feeling for me: V3

Techno is not really my main genre. I listen mostly to ambient and house, maybe I do a short list for these too.
I am really interested in the recommandations from other people, so please everyone post more stuff.

Last edited: