• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Not the Onion btw
Two Ohio mothers separately raised concerns about something their kids were asked to do by a youth football league: sell tickets to raffle off an AM15 rifle.

Sari Brittain says her 4-year-old daughter, a new New Richmond Junior Lions Football league cheerleader, was asked to participate in the team's fundraising event by selling 10 raffle tickets. The prize was a semiautomatic rifle, CBS affiliate WKRC reports.

Brittain was shocked that such a weapon would be part of a youth fundraiser. She was concerned about her daughter asking adults if they wanted a chance to win a gun.

"We live in a world where you don't know if Bob down the street is OK with guns. So why would I take my 4-year-old daughter down the street to meet Bob who's not OK with it? And now he knows my face and my daughter's face," Brittain told WKRC.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that American adolescents live in actual, traumatic fear of being shot in school.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Man that must suck if you win the raffle then you dont pass the background check.

They'll have to do a whole new drawing after the weeks it must take to get approved to own an assault rifle. Will the other contestants even still have their tickets!?

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Hero time for the winner

hj1r4zsmbbh21.jpg

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Elementary School Cheerleaders & semi-automatic weapons as a raffle prize. All we need is meth or opioids to enter this story and I think we won American Bingo.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
bullet resistant backpacks
panic rooms built into schools
training teachers to shoot their students

We are honestly entertaining every silly, bogus idea just to avoid the notion of stricter gun laws. It is a sickening type of impressiveness.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run,
outrun my gun...

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you'd better run, better run,
faster than my bullet...

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Reminder that American adolescents live in actual, traumatic fear of being shot in school.

The mother isn't afraid of selling to a gun fan. Nor is she afraid of selling to someone who might shoot up the school.

She's afraid of selling to someone in favor of gun control because then they'll "know her face."

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I.... I have nothing... what the hell? How are you this tone deaf?! How does this not cause more outrage?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
"We live in a world where you don't know if Bob down the street is OK with guns. So why would I take my 4-year-old daughter down the street to meet Bob who's not OK with it? And now he knows my face and my daughter's face," she said.
Wait, wait, wait. The lady's problem with all of this is that a gun control advocate might come after her and her daughter?!

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's so much to unpack here, but I love how the mother is worried about meeting someone who may not be OK with guns. Someone who doesn't like guns knows my face now!

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I like how the mother's issue was that a person her daughter may talk to might not like guns...

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The real problem with America is all the anti-gun people are committing violence obviously. How can we be safe from them?

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Man that must suck if you win the raffle then you dont pass the background check.

They'll have to do a whole new drawing after the weeks it must take to get approved to own an assault rifle. Will the other contestants even still have their tickets!?
You forgot the /s

cause there will be no background check, shit like this will be considered a private sale and none of that will be required. The only rules they will have to follow are the ones that the raffle organizers put up themselves, which will be none.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF?!?!?! An AM15 optic ready M4 that's FOR THE CHEER TEAM..... WTF?!?!:

The fundraiser includes tickets for an AM15 optic ready M4 for the cheer team. The football team has tickets for a Glock 9mm. The club president, Robert Wooten, said the media attention has resulted in an increase in sales.

"Each parent was asked to sell 10 tickets per family or per child. Since this has hit the press, the demand for it has increased substantially," said Wooten.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A tee ball team in my hometown did a raffle for some kind of pistol 3 or 4 years ago. 9mm I think. I think they did it 2 years in a row. I couldn't believe it.