• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 3, 2017
To my shame i haven't played that yet but it's like Xenoblade Chronicles X and other MMO type open world games where you have clumps of high-level monsters blocking off areas... Run like the wind and once you're through things are usually more manageable again.

I've also cheesed the hell out of some encounters by hiding behind cover up high and plinking them with arrows while Crony The Droney zaps them :)

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question.
I know Elex is not Gothic level but how is compared with the first Rysen?
it's better than gothic 3 ;p

I think it's the game gothic 3 was supposed to be, piranha bytes gameplay on a massive scale.
and while risen 1 had better mechanics, the last third of the game was an extreme drag, I enjoyed elex all the way through which is why I think it's PB's best game since gothic 2.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it's better than gothic 3 ;p

I think it's the game gothic 3 was supposed to be, piranha bytes gameplay on a massive scale.
and while risen 1 had better mechanics, the last third of the game was an extreme drag, I enjoyed elex all the way through which is why I think it's PB's best game since gothic 2.
giphy.gif

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Yes, it was patched in.
As far as I heard from friends it's playable but not very smooth. So if you can, go PC. But if PS4 is your only option you will be mostly fine. I mean, I played Risen 2+3 on PS3 and those were very rough. I still enjoyed them a lot.
Yeah PS4 is my only option. I've never dipped my toes into PC gaming.

Thanks! Gonna grab next time I see it on same.

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who considered kingdom come to be one of the best games of last year due to its lack of hand holding quest design, i thought i might enjoy this game, and i was right. In many ways it feels like a relic from 10 to 15 years ago with it's animations, controls, voice acting and overall production values, but the game shines where it really matters with it's quest design and exploration. I honestly think this game would've reviewed so much better if it simply had a big budget feel, and if you're someone who can easilly look past the rough edges, or know what it's like to play an early 2000's rpg then i think you might find something interesting here like i did.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I just couldn't get into it, the overall jank just rubbed me the wrong way, I got to the end of the first large area and lost interest.

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Dropped it after an hour or so. Too clunky and stiff animations, boring location and enemy design, voice acting nearly sent me to sleep which the boring quests definitely did. Not for me

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who considered kingdom come to be one of the best games of last year due to its lack of hand holding quest design, i thought i might enjoy this game, and i was right. In many ways it feels like a relic from 10 to 15 years ago with it's animations, controls, voice acting and overall production values, but the game shines where it really matters with it's quest design and exploration. I honestly think this game would've reviewed so much better if it simply had a big budget feel, and if you're someone who can easilly look past the rough edges, or know what it's like to play an early 2000's rpg then i think you might find something interesting here like i did.
100%. Exploration and quest design is more interesting and fun than in overhyped uberpolished extravaganzas like Horizon or God of War (yes I enjoyed those games too a lot, mind).

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the game's pretty great (especially on PC at high framerates). It just lacks the "polish" most players are used to now.

Sketchsanchez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes waffle between "higher framerate" vs "higher resolution" cuz sometimes the game can look pretty good on my one x with higher resolution picked.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man the ending is again so combat heavy it really drags on. Almost as bad as Risen 1. But this time you get janked to hell and back from robots that can shoot you before even getting close. I think playing a pure melee character was a mistake. But I will jank through like I always do. But they need to find a better balance for the endgame next time. It's always so combat heavy and combat isn't exactly a strength of Piranha Bytes ...

Otherwise their best game since Gothic 2. But for the next installment I really hope they get rid of the mega-jank. It gets harder to deal with it the more better playing open world games come out. I don't expect a next Dragon's Dogma from PB, but at least reach something like The Witcher 3 or Asscreed Origins which are also janky, but still way more fun to play.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Man the ending is again so combat heavy it really drags on. Almost as bad as Risen 1. But this time you get janked to hell and back from robots that can shoot you before even getting close. I think playing a pure melee character was a mistake. But I will jank through like I always do. But they need to find a better balance for the endgame next time. It's always so combat heavy and combat isn't exactly a strength of Piranha Bytes ...

Otherwise their best game since Gothic 2. But for the next installment I really hope they get rid of the mega-jank. It gets harder to deal with it the more better playing open world games come out. I don't expect a next Dragon's Dogma from PB, but at least reach something like The Witcher 3 or Asscreed Origins which are also janky, but still way more fun to play.

Yup. When I replayed it on Xbox just recently, I seriously debated going beserker to differentiate my cleric playthrough but decided against it. Black hole psi thrower and guns that let me 2 shot those mech and every non giant mutant made the game go from brutally difficulty to piss easy power fantasy. Those first 10 hours where you have to rely on melee we're rough and knowing what was in store, I said fuck it and went cleric again for guns and range aoe. I can't imagine how much longer encounters would be on top of healh drinks consumed it would take had I gone melee

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. When I replayed it on Xbox just recently, I seriously debated going beserker to differentiate my cleric playthrough but decided against it. Black hole psi thrower and guns that let me 2 shot those mech and every non giant mutant made the game go from brutally difficulty to piss easy power fantasy. Those first 10 hours where you have to rely on melee we're rough and knowing what was in store, I said fuck it and went cleric again for guns and range aoe. I can't imagine how much longer encounters would be on top of healh drinks consumed it would take had I gone melee
Yeah it's pretty brutal. In older PB games you were pretty strong as a melee later on. But with all those mechs and robots shooting at you towards the end it's luring them behind stones/wallls all day all night, lol.