• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
After four years of doing a few low-income missions per month in an old Cobra MK III, this weekend I joined a friend of mine who started the game very recently but focused on void opal mining. We found an icy ring and mined it to hell; it was so profitable that it felt almost game-breaking.

In some 20 hours of play, I went from having the Cobra, a Vulture, some other cheap fighters and 7 million CR to spending about 800 million CR in customizing an A-rated mining Python (my favorite ship, as of now), impulse-buying both Kraits, collecting almost every type of transport ship, an ultimately getting the ever-aspirational Anaconda (even with this method, it will take some time to optimize its brutally expensive modules).

I also decided to spend a few bucks on ARX to thank the developers for this beauty. What a game.

Last edited:

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Currently flying to Sagittarius A* in my engineered, guardian FSD booster-powered Anaconda. I kept her relatively well equipped, so she stays in the range of roughly 70lys per jump. I have no hurry.
Before I delved into void opal mining, achieving this would have been unimaginable.

The last updates seem to have been somewhat problematic but I´m enjoying the game more with each passing week.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing... it has been quite some time since i last played. Apparently one of the last things i did previously was to buy an Alliance Crusader???
I have no memory whatsoever of that.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 3 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 2.

We are aware that there is an issue where some Commanders, specifically those on console, are experiencing the "Failed to communicate with server. Unable to get an up to date mission list from server" message when trying to access missions at a starport's mission board and passenger lounge. The team are currently investigating measures to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and vigilance as we address these issues.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Crashes/Stability

• Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during the new starter experience
  • Fixed softlock that could occur when hiring crew members
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after clearing a save and skipping the new starter experience
  • Fixed a softlock that would occur when attempting to perform a hyperspace jump in an Imperial Clipper that has a Ship Kit applied
COVAS

• When buying a new ship, your selected COVAS will automatically be inherited from your previous ship.
  • When purchasing SRVs and fighters, they will inherit the COVAS currently selected for your ship.
  • For new commanders, the applicable localised COVAS will now automatically be selected based on which language is set in the options menu
Diamondback Explorer

• Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
Exploration

• Fixed a case where PlayStation 4 commanders' First Discoveries were not appearing correctly
Interdiction

• Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
Livery

• Fixed an issue that meant the confirmation popup failed to appear after selecting an item the player owns
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the sort feature to not sort correctly
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the SRV livery options to appear after leaving the Dashboard items category
  • Updated various Bobblehead preview cameras to give a better view of the item
  • Removed the 'preview' option on Engine Colours in livery, as it was not intended
  • Changed message from 'Outfitting Unavailable' to 'Livery Unavailable' when the livery isn't accessible
  • Updated the 'remove item option' message to 'clear the equipped item'
  • Renamed 'Back' to 'Exit'
  • Fixed various translation errors
Multi-Crew

• Fixed an issue that could cause the host's ship to disappear when deploying a fighter
New Starter Experience

• Fixed an issue that could cause visual issues with the star in Matet when the player arrives in the system
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the weapons to automatically fire after being returned to the training area
  • Removed the ability to damage ship modules as this can lead to the player becoming stuck during the experience
  • Removed the ability for players to view and turn off modules during the experience
Outfitting

• Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
Pause Menu

• Combined 'restart training' and 'exit options' into one confirmation screen. Now, when the player selects to either restart or exit they then choose to either:
    • Restart the checkpoint or the entire Starter Experience/Training
    • Exit to main menu or desktop
  • This new restart/exit option UI is also inline with other areas of the game as well. This update fixes text truncation in other languages and unnecessary duplication of options, without increasing the amount of clicks needed to exit or restart
Rendering

• Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
Server

• Updated local news articles for faction summaries, engineer progression and megaship itineraries
  • Fixed many causes of transaction server disconnections (error codes: Scarlet Krait, Magenta Krait, Black Adder, Yellow Adder)

Ship HUD

• Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
  • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
Store

• Changed the Store buttons that appear on Port Services menu and main menu to orange and reordered them:
    • Port Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
    • Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX
  • Fixed an issue on Xbox One that causes the preview camera to pan without any player input
  • Re-added a missing scroll bar
  • Packs now display how many items are in it
Weapons

• Fixed Enforcer Canons being unable to be restocked through synthesis

Patch notes for the upcoming patch for those interested.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
Can I play this game like one played Freelancer back in the days?
I mean - focus on trading and exploration instead of fighting all the time?
I've never played Freelancer, so I've no idea how comparable the experience will be, but the answer is basically yes. The game makes a point of tracking your trading, exploration and combat prowess separately from each other and you can achieve Elite rank in any or all of them.

You'll almost certainly still be involved in the occasional hostile encounter unless you're way, way out from the colonised systems but dogfighting can be a relatively minor part of the game if that's the way you prefer to play it.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Jesus christ on a stick this game is difficult on PS4.
- Way to many commands for a gamepad to keep track of.
- Cant see shit since the cockpit is so small and there is no "driving" 3p view.
- Overshoots constantly with the frame shift since the button to stop doesnt work (what do you mean "going to fast to slow down??" STAAAAHP! HELP!")

Bought a Hauler and doing some trading, but thinking of switching to becoming a taxi driver, jsut gotta find a nice Dolphin and start taking passengers to cool nebulas and stuff :)

Any tips and trix for the PS4 control scheme to make life in teh MIlky Way easier??

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Jesus christ on a stick this game is difficult on PS4.
- Way to many commands for a gamepad to keep track of.
- Cant see shit since the cockpit is so small and there is no "driving" 3p view.
- Overshoots constantly with the frame shift since the button to stop doesnt work (what do you mean "going to fast to slow down??" STAAAAHP! HELP!")

Bought a Hauler and doing some trading, but thinking of switching to becoming a taxi driver, jsut gotta find a nice Dolphin and start taking passengers to cool nebulas and stuff :)

Any tips and trix for the PS4 control scheme to make life in teh MIlky Way easier??
WELCOME! Here are some tips/comments that might help (going by personal experience/preference, so YMMV):

- The control customisation is actually incredibly robust, and you can fit everything on a PS4 pad.
- Take advantage of the context mapping. I.e. you can map something to "hold face button while pressing d-pad direction", or "press two face buttons together".
- E.g. I use Triangle and Circle together for Frame Shift/Supercruise. I use Triangle on its own for more menial ship controls, like hold Triangle + D-pad Down for Landing Gear; Up for Cargo Hatch; Right for Lights; etc.
- Keep Circle mapped as Boost, but move everything around it so as to avoid accidental boosting (into station interior, etc.)
- You can map each corner of the Touch Pad as a separate button. (I use Triangle + Top-Right to activate camera suite.)
- Gotta get used to the cockpit view, but look forward to ships with nicer cockpits and wider views. (You'll be nostalgic for smaller ship interiors in no time ;))
- When approaching your destination in Supercruise, go full speed until the reticule timer says you're 0:07 seconds away. At that point, drop to 75% throttle. (I have 75% throttle mapped to R1 + D-pad Right). You will very rarely over-shoot, with the exception being some celestial bodies with odd gravity wells. You can even speed up again once Distance and Speed are both in the blue when approaching stations, etc. Just be ready to disengage the FSD.
- If you're still having trouble, or get bored of that process, you can purchase a Supercruise Assist module that will automatically slow down and orbit once near your target. (Great for longer exploration/passenger missions or making yourself a coffee/sandwich.)
- Modules sell at 100% value, so don't be afraid to experiment.
- Ships sell at something like 85% value, so make sure you've stripped the important modules off them and are certain before trading in.
- If you want to beeline straight to the Dolphin, no one should stop you, but consider upgrading your Hauler and getting really comfy with that ship before looking up market. (The Hauler has a really good jump range with an A-rated FSD and is a fun little ship for scavenger missions.) Maybe fit a small cabin and try some Space Uber Lite to see if you like that line of work before making a big investment.
- If you're looking to do exploration/passenger missions, you probably want to invest in a Fuel Scoop. Fuel Scoops let you siphon fuel from stars (e.g. after jumping into a system). Not all star classes can be siphoned, though. "KGBFOAM" is a popular acronym for remembering the ones that can. You can filter star classes in the Galaxy Map to make sure you only jump to systems where you know you can stop for fuel.

Also, the #1 golden rule of ED:
- Never fly without a rebuy!

I won't bombard you any more for now, but let us know if you need help with anything! Fly safe

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, wheres earth in this game?
Search in map for Terra, Earth or Sol, should point where. Pretty much center of the Bubble.
That said, accessing Solar System requires certain amount of reputation in the Federation, you need few ranks at least.
The Solar System is not terribly exciting, many places are off-limits (even many atmosphere-less planets or moons). There are some easter eggs and history nodes though.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I do most of my passenger runs in an Anaconda. Being interdicted for one of my passengers is fun, but often too short.. hehe.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But i cant find cabins in shops anywhere??
They are not sold in every station, use EDDB if you want to find the closest to your position : https://eddb.io/station
Put your current system in the "Reference System" field, then search for one type of cabin at a time in "Stations sells Modules" (do not put several modules as the filter is inclusive, it will try to find stations that sell them all, and not every station has supply for every thing).

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Ah ok! Am currently at Inner Orion and screwing around with trying to jump in the Empire ranks as a trader - soon to be taxi driver! I think the title of Baron sounds kickass

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Greetings Commanders,

Following the launch of the September Update last month, we'd like to provide you all with an update on our plans for Elite Dangerous.

Firstly, thank you for all of your feedback on the September Update, which you've shared with us on the forums, across social media, on livestreams and through the Issue Tracker. There is no doubt that, in addition to the new features, the September Update introduced a number of issues and bugs which caused a lot of frustration. We are really sorry for these issues. We realise that some of the issues had an impact on your ability to enjoy Elite Dangerous. The team have been working hard to address the most critical issues and have already released a series of patches and updates to bring those fixes in as quickly as possible.

However, we know there's more to be done. You've asked for more focus on existing bug/fixes and issues, and for the community to be better integrated into the development process and testing for these upcoming updates.

In order to improve your overall experience, we have decided to refocus our efforts on addressing key issues and bugs. Since the launch of the September Update, we've been taking a deeper look at our internal development roadmap, the way in which we utilise public betas, and the content of our next updates.

Here is a summary of our plans:

• From now and into next year (2020), the updates will focus almost exclusively on addressing recent and longstanding issues, including those reported in the Issue Tracker, ultimately making the game better.
  • We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.
  • Each update will also include a public beta that will run prior to the update's release, with a dedicated time to address major issues that appear.
  • The first of these updates will have its public beta in December, with an expectation that the launch will be early in 2020.
As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated. This will grant us additional time to refine the feature as well as focusing time on addressing existing reported issues. It will also ensure the state of the game is in a better position to introduce Fleet Carriers, that will provide Commanders even more opportunities to interact with the Milky Way. We understand that this delay will be disappointing for some players, but do know that this decision is one that we do not take lightly, and is made with the best interests of the community and game at heart.

Ultimately, we are confident that this will improve the Elite Dangerous experience for all our players.

The team have been hard at work on the next major milestone, which you may remember we mentioned back in March as our next major paid addition to the game. They're making fantastic progress and on schedule for release by the end of next year. We are very excited to show you what we've been working on. However, we can only announce the content when it's at the right stage of development, we estimate this will be ready to talk about at some time in summer 2020, after the Fleet Carriers update. We appreciate there is a bit of a wait, but we want to make sure it is ready to be shown before making our full official announcement to the world.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing and continued support and for helping give us the feedback, steer and insight to make decisions that will benefit the entire community and for your continued passion and dedication.

Source: Frontier Forums

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they essentially say something very similar last year? That 2019 was going to be a series of small updates light on content but heavy on bug fixes?

Sounds familiar Frontier.....

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Yeah don't expect anything major until late 2020. Bummer. This game needs so much love. I'm dissapointed we still do not have new planets to land on and explore. It's taking so long.

I wonder who will have the complete space game package first. SC or Elite. Hard to tell.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who will have the complete space game package first. SC or Elite. Hard to tell.

I think someone else will come along and surprise release the total package space game.

No Man's Sky was a close shot and since release they've done a fantastic job of updating it, but it's not a space sim in the true sense. That hole is still there in the market and it needs filling, and Frontier doesn't seem capable of doing it. Neither does SC for that matter.

But there is an obvious demand so I feel some large AAA or big capable indie type studio will make one someday. Whoever does will make a mint for certain.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
I got my space feels back this weekend and booted up Elite.

I think the last time was mayhaps this spring that I played it. Maybe shortly before the board flip patch? Because I found my Python sitting in robigo doing Passenger missions.

So I did some of them since I only had a couple of hours.
But I went through the varous site on updates what happened since then. I got the impressions that mining is the latest shit.

So going from passenger to mining python and finding a decent spot , what is your estimate how long does it take and how much will it cost ?

At some point I would love doing some dogfighting again, but first i want to bolster my credit score somewhat. And my vulture is far far away.

What have you been up to ?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Haven't booted the game more than twice in 5 years, and sadly I don't feel like doing so before the next major update.

I liked Elite, but in the end it feels empty. There are too many lifeless planets & stations, none feel special.

Honestly I'm waiting for Star Citizen now. I want live hubs with things happening. I want recognizable places, with personnality and life! I want to walk in my ship and feel like it's my little house in space.

I can't believe they still haven't new planets yet in Elite. Braben was supposed to be the god of procedural generation.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Star Citizen/Squadron 42 looks like more of the kind of thing I'd want if it ever gets done, I just hope I can freely explore in the singleplayer game without being too tied to a campaign or whatever.

Really though I've been messing around with Space Engine ever since it hit Steam Early Access.

It would be really neat if next gen a AAA publisher actually gave the concept a shot, but I feel like NMS's initial launch muddied the waters for the concept in the greater consciousness of the industry. Procedurally generated planets in execution brushes up against the common idea in AAA games that every inch of an open world needs to be filled with unique, "interesting" content.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they still haven't new planets yet in Elite. Braben was supposed to be the god of procedural generation.

Elite Dangerous has been pushed aside to some degree while Frontier focuses on it's new franchises and games like Planet Coaster, Jurassic World, Planet Zoo, and another unknown property. Elite will have barely improved at all in almost two years by the time the next big update hits, it's essentially in maintenance mode right now. Probably while their resources work on the other games.

That's not to say that the next update won't be big, but it clearly isn't a priority for them, thus the super long lead time and lack of updates in the mean time other than minor patches and bug fixes. And you can bet the big update at the end of 2020 will come replete with many new bugs and game breaking errors like usual too.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
I found a decent mining build and will dip into the mining business on the weekend once I have the time to fly out to the system, do the refit and go for a decent mining spot. As far as i got the vibe the payout will remain on mining since the ship carries will soak up all that extra money everybody has now. It is a nice change of pace to not rush after the latest exploit to do some bucks one side.

mining python:
https://s.orbis.zone/2_u9

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My yaw quit working correctly on my T16000.M, and I'm a little annoyed as I bought it about two years ago and it had been fine until two days ago. Now the yaw jumps all over the place even when I'm not touching it. I've tried recalibrating it, and no results. I reached out to Thrustmaster support and waiting on an email back from them.

In the meantime, or if they don't warranty my stick: Do you guys play with Yaw? I've gotten used to it and I'm a little disappointed to lose it on my setup. If you do use yaw, do you use rudder pedals or just a twist axis on your stick? I see Rudder Pedals vary greatly in price. I had actually been somewhat interested in Rudder Pedals before due to Arma 3, but this may just force my hand on the purchase if Thrustmaster won't fix my stick.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
My yaw quit working correctly on my T16000.M, and I'm a little annoyed as I bought it about two years ago and it had been fine until two days ago. Now the yaw jumps all over the place even when I'm not touching it. I've tried recalibrating it, and no results. I reached out to Thrustmaster support and waiting on an email back from them.

In the meantime, or if they don't warranty my stick: Do you guys play with Yaw? I've gotten used to it and I'm a little disappointed to lose it on my setup. If you do use yaw, do you use rudder pedals or just a twist axis on your stick? I see Rudder Pedals vary greatly in price. I had actually been somewhat interested in Rudder Pedals before due to Arma 3, but this may just force my hand on the purchase if Thrustmaster won't fix my stick.

At this point I'm not sure I could play without yaw. I use rudder pedals and they feel incredibly natural especially in VR. I dropped a lot of money on a Warthog so I kinda cheated out on the basic TFlight rudder pedals but they've been fantastic for almost a year. They're plastic and look cheap but they stick really well to the floor and since they live below my desk I don't see them anyway. Definitely worth the $80 I spent on them. Once you get used to them it's hard to go back.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm not sure I could play without yaw. I use rudder pedals and they feel incredibly natural especially in VR. I dropped a lot of money on a Warthog so I kinda cheated out on the basic TFlight rudder pedals but they've been fantastic for almost a year. They're plastic and look cheap but they stick really well to the floor and since they live below my desk I don't see them anyway. Definitely worth the $80 I spent on them. Once you get used to them it's hard to go back.
Yeah I have tried playing without yaw...damn near impossible to use fixed weapons, and my current RES farming loadout uses a huge fixed beam laser, so I have to keep it focused on my target.

If I can't get the stick warranty repaired, then I will probably invest in pedals.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I have tried playing without yaw...damn near impossible to use fixed weapons, and my current RES farming loadout uses a huge fixed beam laser, so I have to keep it focused on my target.

If I can't get the stick warranty repaired, then I will probably invest in pedals.

Good luck with the warranty. I hope it works out for you. I've heard mostly good things about Thrustmaster support. Even if they come through I'd still recommend a set of pedals in the future though.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with the warranty. I hope it works out for you. I've heard mostly good things about Thrustmaster support. Even if they come through I'd still recommend a set of pedals in the future though.
Yeah, I have wanted some for a while, as I would use them for flight in Arma too. Mainly this repair makes it a matter of when.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
If you'd like to fix the problem by throwing money at it... Get a set of flight pedals? 😅 (If it's possible for you to use them, both physically and in terms of gaming setup)

Only a half serious suggestion of course. ;)

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a full CH hotas for years and I love it. Stick, throttle, and pedals, and no I could not fly in Elite without yaw. The CH pedals are fantastic. It's all even more useful in flight Sims tho.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I use the stick twist for yaw in Elite. Doesn't help in the flight sims since I switched to a yoke, though, so I might pick up some pedals at some point.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had yaw as I have no pedals and my stick has no twist axis.

What's it like to be able to hit things with fixed weapons?

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't imagine doing that. Especially because the controls are so fluid with a HOTAS to begin with. Even years later I'm still impressed with how different a Hauler vs. something like an Eagle "feel" to fly.

It feels pretty bad fighting NPCs without yaw IMO. They have this tendancy to stick near perfectly just off center and somehow perfectly match your roll/pitch attempts to line them up.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It feels pretty bad fighting NPCs without yaw IMO. They have this tendancy to stick near perfectly just off center and somehow perfectly match your roll/pitch attempts to line them up.

They seem to always do this in the tutorials and it's infuriating sometimes. If I haven't played in aw while I'll just run a combat tutorial to reacclimate myself and they always do this. In the real game it never really happens though.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
After falling out of love with ED a bit a few months ago, I've been recently giving it another try. Kept the same character, but bought a stock Sidewinder and have been practicing flying exclusively with FA off.

Finally settled into a good controller configuration (on PS4) and it's pretty fun. Just flying simple courier missions feels fresh and challenging, and even docking properly adds to the immersion. Recommend it for anyone feeling burned out or want for something new to try.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How close are we to fleet carriers these days? Got an email about a January update thinking that was it but it looked like just QoL items.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How close are we to fleet carriers these days? Got an email about a January update thinking that was it but it looked like just QoL items.
They delayed it to the second quarter of 2020, no precise date, almost half a year of delay or so...
They said they wanted to focus on fixing bugs before, so they released the January update yesterday and introduced at least one new bug that should be fixed today (and next week for console versions).

They did only one public beta, better than nothing but still, they can't test their update properly and introduces bugs every time...

Last edited:

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
This game's development is so underwhelming. Braben was supposed to be the king of procedural... But we still have barren planets.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
This game's development is so underwhelming. Braben was supposed to be the king of procedural... But we still have barren planets.
The thing that frustrates more is the time-wasting the game's often known for. To their credit, they've gotten rid of some of it, but plenty is still there.

Remember Robigo runs? When people discovered that shit, it was so much fun. It was high risk high reward, since the idea was to stack so many smuggling missions from a station way outside the bubble, and have to deliver them to stations within the bubble. It was often best to go with minimal or no shields and minimal or no weapons so you could hold more cargo. It was actually fun, thrilling, and had a huge payoff if you could pull it off, and crushing disappointment if you managed to get scan/couldn't outrun the space cops long enough.

Then FD patched out this "exploit" and made the runs nowhere near as profitable. I mean isn't the fact that smuggling is so high risk high reward THE POINT of it?

I haven't seen this happen anymore, and I think they have changed this to be a lot more reasonable now, but getting interdicted by unshielded Sidewinders while you're in an armed-to-the-teeth Anaconda was obnoxious and time wasting as all hell. It's easier to just submit to interdictions and then boost out, since the FSD cooldown is a lot shorter if you submit to the interdiction.. Then the unshielded Sidewinder goes "Hehehe, drop all your cargo or die!" as they shine their laser pointers at you and you either deploy your turrets which make space dust of them real fast or they just crash in to you like a dumbass and kill themselves.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

This grates on me too.

I bought No Man's Sky during this last Steam winter sale and I've played over 50 hours with it since then, and I just can't help feeling how NMS does so many things better than Elite. And yet Elite has far better flight mechanics and is the better game in many ways, but NMS is just so FUN to explore and sightsee in.

What I really want is a game with the dynamic variety of NMS plus the sim light flight mechanics of Elite. Such a game would rule my life for so damn long.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't find the thread, but last year someone here on Resetera encouraged me to go back to Elite, since I was complaining about the difficulties of traveling and getting attacked during the first year of the game (I had it day one).

So I finally fired it up last week and alot has changed for the better! Exploration and shipping/passenger trips are much more smooth, and do a better job at specifying when you might get attacked and why. I've been doing a ton of VIP passenger trips, and I was only interdicted once (and it was a weak ship that I was able to easily avoid).

So whoever you are...thanks! Akita One SpaceLines is now back in business...I've largely abandoned shipping missions in favor of a "airline pilot" career...I have a fully decked out Type-6 and a Dolphin...saving for an Orca! 😎