• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Elizabeth Warren MOCKS Christians and people of faith calling them unfuckable deplorables

- Fox News probably

lol probably. There's a way to spin almost anything into a negative.

plot twist: I'm actually a Christian, and believe that people should be allowed to live their lives in peace, and they sure as fuck don't need me to try and force my faith down their throats. Modern day Christians are dishearteningly un-Christlike. Although, they've been that way for centuries, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, really.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
During the first 20 seconds I was thinking "OK...".

Then her response in the last half of the clip...
giphy.gif

I actually think the "then just marry one woman : shrug :" is the better bite. it's what should be but never is the obvious answer presented as a subversion and that presentation carries with it the subtext of "fuck yall for not giving everyone else the same courtesy".

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's going to make Trump looks so stupid during the debates it's not even funny.
Nothing novel there. A woman has already made him look stupid in a debate multiple times. I'm looking forward to seeing more people realize how brilliant and capable Warren is, though. "then just marry one woman" is the perfect response in today's climate.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, barring any unexpected events I think that Warren is going to win the nomination.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What a sensible, straightforward answer--

Holy shit.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped the clip at the "then just marry one" and thought it was great.

Did not like the second half as much because it was fairly mean.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I came in here to scold OP for hyperbole and superfluous thread-making.

I was wrong. That was indeed savage enough to be thread-worthy.

hoping she passes Biden in the polls soon.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Incidentally this is actually what it really comes down to with a lot of conservative culture beliefs. The real problem is not even the belief itself, but the belief behind it that they should be able to force that belief on the whole nation and/or world.

Don't believe in gay marriage? Fine, don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Don't believe in abortion? By all means, don't get an abortion.

You believe strongly in standing for and reciting the pledge of allegiance and proudly saluting the flag? Go for it.

Don't believe in expressing yourself as a gender other than the one you were assigned at birth? Then don't.

You believe in the bible and the ten commandments? Feel free to paste that shit all over your home.

But of course that's not what the issue at hand really is. It's really about the right to force the rest of the world to bow to what you believe.

Yes, it's always frustrating and baffling hearing about anti-lgbt "beliefs". My trans identity, pronouns, name, ect are not a debate anyone can have "beliefs" on. The arrogance to think someone has any say or agency with it is staggering. But somehow I'm supposed to accept different "opinions"

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Incidentally this is actually what it really comes down to with a lot of conservative culture beliefs. The real problem is not even the belief itself, but the belief behind it that they should be able to force that belief on the whole nation and/or world.

Don't believe in gay marriage? Fine, don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Don't believe in abortion? By all means, don't get an abortion.

You believe strongly in standing for and reciting the pledge of allegiance and proudly saluting the flag? Go for it.

Don't believe in expressing yourself as a gender other than the one you were assigned at birth? Then don't.

You believe in the bible and the ten commandments? Feel free to paste that shit all over your home.

But of course that's not what the issue at hand really is. It's really about the right to force the rest of the world to bow to what you believe.

Yes, it's always frustrating and baffling hearing about anti-lgbt "beliefs". My trans identity, pronouns, name, ect are not a debate anyone can have "beliefs" on. The arrogance to think someone has any say or agency with it is staggering. But somehow I'm supposed to accept different "opinions"

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I really regret doubting Warren after the DNA testing gaffe. She's my top candidate now and I would be over the moon if she got elected.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
If you democratic Americans don't nominate this woman, you lose the right to complain about politics and will deserve whats coming to you.