• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I love her response. As a pansexual I'd be more than okay with her as president.

That said... gotta agree, even as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, the thread title kind of oversells it, as do a lot of the responses in the thread. I think if it was presented differently I wouldn't feel this lingering feeling of confusion in the back of my head.

I also beg people who were enthralled by this response to check out her actual plans, which are really good and thought out. My only qualm is that she still refuses to clarify what M4A means to her. Is it single payer? Is it a public option available for anyone? Is it something you default to if you don't have a private plan? What? Everything else though, is solid gold, and I sincerely hope other candidates put out similar plans soon. I mean, there's even a specific section about ending the murder of trans WoC. It's good stuff.

My rights as a person are not "frivolous".
Good thing they didn't say our rights as people were frivolous. I think it's a bit far to say what she said is frivolous, but I definitely agree with them that what people should really be excited about are her plans for policy, not a soundclip. But, I mean, if you really are floored positively by her response, don't let me or anyone take that from you. My feelings, I guess, are more directed at the cis straight people who are getting overexcited.

Oct 28, 2017
This right here. I say this as a Christian, I don't see how these fucking people can look at the teachings and examples of Jesus's life and think he would tell people that love someone of the same physical sex they are bad people, etc. The core of his message was built around love, yet somehow that part takes the back seat when it comes to listening and living what he tried to convey...

I honestly get legit heated over this point somehow being missed...

From my experience, most of our fellow "Christians" just cherry pick shit out of the bible to fit their own garbage beliefs. Conservatives are only Christian in order to hedge their bets on eternal life while simultaneously fucking over everyone they can on this Earth. And the ones that actually believe in their faith seem to think that unless this entire country stands in lockstep with their fucked up world view then we are all going to burn in hell because people did some shit in the old testament.

I don't think the teaching of Jesus are being missed. More like actively being ignored due to inconvenience.

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate politics. I'm sure her base loves her. She's won them over and can do no wrong. The first part of quote is fine but I'm not sure how the second part wins over black voters and swing states.

I still can't believe she said this on national TV and didn't receive any outcry from her supporters.

In their first sit-down interview together since Warren began campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination, the couple shared how they met and what initially drew them to each other. For Mann, it was her sparkling personality. For Warren, it was his legs, which were shown off to their best advantage in a pair of summer shorts:

"I wasn't completely in love with him until sometime mid-morning on Monday," she said. She added: "It was on Monday when I actually saw him in shorts. And good-looking legs. That's when I was all in."

"She completely objectified me," Mann said cheerily.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Liz is just the best.

I really hate politics. I'm sure her base loves her. She's won them over and can do no wrong. The first part of quote is fine but I'm not sure how the second part wins over black voters and swing states.

I still can't believe she said this on national TV and didn't receive any outcry from her supporters.

This is a joke post, right?

Mar 22, 2019
Not American but please please have her be your next president. Its the 'beat' she took, thats both savage and classy - love it.

Sincerely - the world.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna

yes, the democratic base is famously going to be very up in arms about this lol wtf.

Future Madame President, that was perfect.

Oct 26, 2017
Incidentally this is actually what it really comes down to with a lot of conservative culture beliefs. The real problem is not even the belief itself, but the belief behind it that they should be able to force that belief on the whole nation and/or world.

Don't believe in gay marriage? Fine, don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Don't believe in abortion? By all means, don't get an abortion.

You believe strongly in standing for and reciting the pledge of allegiance and proudly saluting the flag? Go for it.

Don't believe in expressing yourself as a gender other than the one you were assigned at birth? Then don't.

You believe in the bible and the ten commandments? Feel free to paste that shit all over your home.

But of course that's not what the issue at hand really is. It's really about the right to force the rest of the world to bow to what you believe.
Yup. It's about power and nothing else.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please elect her as president, people from the US.

She is exactly the right person at this point in time.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
If you identify as Christian chances are you are voting for Trump anyway so honestly who cares what might offend them? If not pussy grabbing or kids in cages, I guess this?

I mean this is just basic human rights. Please explain the part that is offensive here.
Yup black Christians are definitely known to vote red, yup.
I will say I don't think this will offend black Christians tho.

Last edited:

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory

In their first sit-down interview together since Warren began campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination, the couple shared how they met and what initially drew them to each other. For Mann, it was her sparkling personality. For Warren, it was his legs, which were shown off to their best advantage in a pair of summer shorts:

"I wasn't completely in love with him until sometime mid-morning on Monday," she said. She added: "It was on Monday when I actually saw him in shorts. And good-looking legs. That's when I was all in."

"She completely objectified me," Mann said cheerily.

K0yzLoP.gif

lol

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Fox pundits: "Is she too funny for being presidential?"

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it isn't, like, earth shattering — but you have to understand, Thread-Whiners — a charismatic politician with an ounce of principle being within spitting distance of the democratic nomination is cause for celebration.

It's exciting to see her *not fucking it up*. It's like, "thank goodness, I remember what competency feels like to watch".

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yup black Christians are definitely known to vote red, yup.
I will say I don't think this will offend black Christians tho.
Well I should probably clarify that I meant "identify" as Christian, as in, their whole identity is Christian, not just somebody that considers themselves Christian. So Evangelicals because it's only going to be those types that are offended by something like this. If this offends you, yeah, you're the type that's going to be voting Trump anyway. Am I wrong?

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Yes it isn't, like, earth shattering — but you have to understand, Thread-Whiners — a charismatic politician with an ounce of principle being within spitting distance of the democratic nomination is cause for celebration.

It's exciting to see her *not fucking it up*. It's like, "thank goodness, I remember what competency feels like to watch".

If Liz is charismatic then Obama was a fucking god

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.

She's like Hillary, but actually likable. America, elect this woman!

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
My rights as a person are not "frivolous". This kind of question would get tripped up on by a non-insignificant amount of current Democratic candidates.

Her candidness on this issue is very appreciated and helps gives me and others like me a sense of security.

I'm sorry if that's how you read my post - it certainly wasn't my intention, nor do I think it's warren's intention to trivialize LGBTQ+ rights, considering the proposals she recently put forward (not to mention smaller gestures of allyship like adding pronouns on her Twitter profile). but as a firm believer in policy over personality, I think too often moments like these have the unintended effect of lowering the standard of conversation to zingers at homophobes, or, even worse, bolstering the LGBTQ+ allyship cred of someone who doesn't have the policy to back it up (again, I don't believe this applies to warren, but another example that comes to mind is pelosi's trump zingers being celebrated while ignoring the fact that she was still trying to compromise with the GOP). this isn't meant to take away from anything positive that people are gaining from a minor viral moment like this, I just think we need to be a little careful about how we let these moments bury the actual policy discussions that will actually make a difference in the end

deep breaths, we can do both.

if you didn't truncate my post, you'd see the second half of it says that you can indeed do both if you like, but I personally am quite tired of an election cycle that prioritizes reporting zingers like these over substantive policy

Last edited:

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Yes Obama was Charismatic but it does seem to be a rare quality amongst Democrats, so yeah, it's pretty refreshing to see from Warren here.

I'm gonna be that guy and say Biden was charismatic.... Folksy yet relatively progressive....Before the creepy videos went viral and constant on-screen gaffes of course

She's definitely likeable and more of this helps for sure.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Well I should probably clarify that I meant "identify" as Christian, as in, their whole identity is Christian, not just somebody that considers themselves Christian. So Evangelicals because it's only going to be those types that are offended by something like this. If this offends you, yeah, you're the type that's going to be voting Trump anyway. Am I wrong?
Yes you are, don't know if you're black or not but there are black Christians who are pretty equal to evangelicals but still vote blue and use their religion to be anti-lgbtqi+.