• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Incidentally this is actually what it really comes down to with a lot of conservative culture beliefs. The real problem is not even the belief itself, but the belief behind it that they should be able to force that belief on the whole nation and/or world.

Don't believe in gay marriage? Fine, don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Don't believe in abortion? By all means, don't get an abortion.

You believe strongly in standing for and reciting the pledge of allegiance and proudly saluting the flag? Go for it.

Don't believe in expressing yourself as a gender other than the one you were assigned at birth? Then don't.

You believe in the bible and the ten commandments? Feel free to paste that shit all over your home.

But of course that's not what the issue at hand really is. It's really about the right to force the rest of the world to bow to what you believe.

Dominance, not co-existence/live and let live.

It was never about being oppressed (ex. war on Christmas). It's about being in majority control and staying that way.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Was she a senator before this? I'm wondering why we never heard about her before. I hope she wins. She seems very charismatic and fighting for the people.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yes you are, don't know if you're black or not but there are black Christians who are pretty equal to evangelicals but still vote blue and use their religion to be anti-lgbtqi+.

Fair enough I suppose there is a group, I doubt you're wrong. But it doesn't change that Democrats should not walk on egg shells just to appease bigots that may or may not vote Blue. Let them vote Trump if talk like this offends them.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Unless the US have become more LGBT-tolerant

Institutional govt hasn't caught up, but the populace has been majority pro-LGBT for years. It's one of the red lines for the GOP that they were told needed to get tossed out after Romney way back in 2012, and they probably needed to ditch it earlier than that. It's not winning them votes at all, and like a good many things, the huge apolitical chunk of the country would love to stop hearing about gay people. So they're not huge allies or anything, but when a GOP politician tries to appeal to them via LGBT issues, they just groan.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Was she a senator before this? I'm wondering why we never heard about her before. I hope she wins. She seems very charismatic and fighting for the people.

She took the Massachusetts Senate seat Ted Kennedy once held after Scott Brown lost reelection in 2013. She's a very responsive Senator, or at least her office is, considering the email responses I've gotten from them over important issues.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
aBsolUTely sAvAge ReSPOnsE

It was like a 5th rate comedy bit that would get a muted cough from the back of the audience on a cruise ship

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Just an FYI, during the LGBTQ+ town hall, that questioner verbally introduced himself as a Warren supporter and as a board member of the Human Rights Campaign. In addition, there was a graphic on screen that identified him as an HRC board member whenever he was on screen. All the questioners shared a tidbit about themselves and all named the candidate they were supporting. It's not unreasonable to assume the questioners donate to their favored candidate. A lot of us do.

So since all this info was already disclosed or easily inferred during and from the q&a, what's the same info posted in a tweet supposed to prove?

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Just an FYI, during the LGBTQ+ town hall, that questioner verbally introduced himself as a Warren supporter and as a board member of the Human Rights Campaign. In addition, there was a graphic on screen that identified him as an HRC board member whenever he was on screen. All the questioners shared a tidbit about themselves and all named the candidate they were supporting. It's not unreasonable to assume the questioners donate to their favored candidate. A lot of us do.

So since all this info was already disclosed or easily inferred during and from the q&a, what's the same info posted in a tweet supposed to prove?

RIGGED

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
lol probably. There's a way to spin almost anything into a negative.

plot twist: I'm actually a Christian, and believe that people should be allowed to live their lives in peace, and they sure as fuck don't need me to try and force my faith down their throats. Modern day Christians are dishearteningly un-Christlike. Although, they've been that way for centuries, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, really.
I agree.

As a Christian, I don't want any political leader using their religious beliefs as a basis for their decisions or as a basis for the laws they draw up. And unfortunately, it's done all the time.

Oct 25, 2017

The DNC is rigging the primary again duh.

How is that not obvious, you shitlib neolib identity corporate politics establishment shill? /s

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody posted the follow up question and answer. I did on my Facebook and I got chastised that she sounded super disingenuous. I believe her though

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Usually these threads/articles that say something like "AOC ABSOLUTELY SAVAGES TRUMP" or "BETO DESTROYS TED CRUZ" or "OMAR DRAGS MCCONNAL YAS KWEEN" are just nothing but this was actually hilarious.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I agree.

As a Christian, I don't want any political leader using their religious beliefs as a basis for their decisions or as a basis for the laws they draw up. And unfortunately, it's done all the time.

Same. It's absurd that it's used as a means to govern a country founded on allowing everyone to pursue their own liberties, and freedom to worship or not worship. It's obnoxious.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Usually these threads/articles that say something like "AOC ABSOLUTELY SAVAGES TRUMP" or "BETO DESTROYS TED CRUZ" or "OMAR DRAGS MCCONNAL YAS KWEEN" are just nothing but this was actually hilarious.
My favorites were the old "Trump said something, INSTANTLY REGRETS IT!!" and the article is a collection of 5 tweets saying he was wrong that he almost certainly never saw.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

That the horseshoe theory is looking to be more and more legit.

Also, I would love to hear how on Earth they think the DNC went from rigging the election for Biden to rigging it for Warren

Guess they'll start turning on Sanders when they find out he doesn't want to literally behead billionaires

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Invoking the painful experiences of conservative men unable to find dates in liberal cities. She'll rue this day.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Warren is rigging the primary by getting a donor snuck in to ask her a question she was almost guaranteed to be asked at an LGBTQ+ Town Hall to sabotage the true thing Bernie while Warren is the fake thing.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Not surprised. This is what made me like her years and years ago. She doesn't seem afraid at all of calling out on bullshit (usually on corporations). She seems fierce and ready to confront bullshit when she sees it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't see why the low-ball of "supporting marriage equality" is anything to actually celebrate. It's the absolute minimum of decency in 2019. It's actually pretty depressing to me that it's given a "yas-queen" shout-out here, and not just a head-nod of "yeah, sure, of course".

It's a nice little moment of sass and spunk for Warren, sure, and easily shareable as a meme, but it's also so depressing that this shit still has enough valence to be celebrated as some kind of win, when the actual LGBTQ+ conversation has moved into - I dunno, but let's say - trans-identity, asexual-identity and fully carving out a reality that isn't primarily made valid by marriage (but is strengthened from knowing that you could get married if you wanted to, as opposed to "alternative couplings" that historically was, to some degree, done in direct defiance to hetero-marriages, which was a big thing in queer life up to modern life, before "gay marriage" was a reality).

I also really don't like the split-second of diving into a southern drawl that the questioner does. I'm not american, but it feels beyond hack and tired to affect a southern US accent when you want to embody a regressive - or high-key "dumb" - opinion. If I'm tired of this, as a european outsider, I can't imagine how tired US people - many of who are queer, and live in the south - feel about this trope.

I don't mean to poo-poo on your Warren excitement, but this is only "savage" in the most washington-poli-chitter-chatter-kind-of-way.
source.gif

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if it is presented as off-the-cuff, I feel pandered to
If you think comedy that's presented as off-the-cuff is actually off-the-cuff, I have a bridge to sell you. Candidates prepare for town halls and debates. They get grilled by their staff on likely questions. At no point should you believe anything that's said off the cuff by any candidate wasn't already brought up by their staff and thought out.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
If you think comedy that's presented as off-the-cuff is actually off-the-cuff, I have a bridge to sell you. Candidates prepare for town halls and debates. They get grilled by their staff on likely questions. At no point should you believe anything that's said off the cuff by any candidate wasn't already brought up by their staff and thought out.

of course candidates have their rehearsed lines. I'm pretty sure Klobuchar doesn't have any that aren't. Presenting it as some gotcha zinger like this has been is embarrassing

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
of course candidates have their rehearsed lines. I'm pretty sure Klobuchar doesn't have any that aren't. Presenting it as some gotcha zinger like this has been is embarrassing
I refer you to my irony and no fun allowed post. And, if you haven't noticed, Bernie recycles the same lines over and over and is probably one of the most rehearsed candidates.

Biden, on the other hand, seems least rehearsed and he sounds like a bumbling idiot.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I was a little suspiscious about her for that Native American thing, but since I've listened to her I'm convinced she may have a chance. Loved her answer btw.