• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
probably would have enjoyed it more if it had been aimed at an actual bigot and not just a playful jab at a dude who's on the board for the hrc

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why the low-ball of "supporting marriage equality" is anything to actually celebrate. It's the absolute minimum of decency in 2019. It's actually pretty depressing to me that it's given a "yas-queen" shout-out here, and not just a head-nod of "yeah, sure, of course".

It's a nice little moment of sass and spunk for Warren, sure, and easily shareable as a meme, but it's also so depressing that this shit still has enough valence to be celebrated as some kind of win, when the actual LGBTQ+ conversation has moved into - I dunno, but let's say - trans-identity, asexual-identity and fully carving out a reality that isn't primarily made valid by marriage (but is strengthened from knowing that you could get married if you wanted to, as opposed to "alternative couplings" that historically was, to some degree, done in direct defiance to hetero-marriages, which was a big thing in queer life up to modern life, before "gay marriage" was a reality).

I also really don't like the split-second of diving into a southern drawl that the questioner does. I'm not american, but it feels beyond hack and tired to affect a southern US accent when you want to embody a regressive - or high-key "dumb" - opinion. If I'm tired of this, as a european outsider, I can't imagine how tired US people - many of who are queer, and live in the south - feel about this trope.

I don't mean to poo-poo on your Warren excitement, but this is only "savage" in the most washington-poli-chitter-chatter-kind-of-way.
She's put out a detailed plan towards advancing LGBTQ+ rights in the US, specifically acknowledging that the fight didn't end with marriage equality.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Warren out here doing stand-up. That delivery was on point.

Also, am I late, or is Warren rubbing her hands together becoming her quirk? Cause I love it.

Ready for all the Birdman x Warren gif-able content.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know the way things are going Biden is trending down in popularity, Warren is shooting up, Bernie is slowing down and Trump is imploding. We could very well be looking at the next president of the United States.

I admit at first when Warren announced she was running I was skeptical and thought she wasn't the right fit but I've come around. I think she's probably the best option we have in the U.S. that has both great policy and a chance of winning in the election.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
..............y'all are impressed....with that?
Why shouldn't we be when the democratic party is inundated with supposedly progressive politicians who would flub on a question like this. It's a simple, competent & memorable answer for a disingenuous "issue" conservatives have been bandying about for generations attempting to pass of as some legitimate concern.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
If you identify as Christian chances are you are voting for Trump anyway so honestly who cares what might offend them? If not pussy grabbing or kids in cages, I guess this?

I mean this is just basin human rights. Please explain the part that is offensive here.

The fake-christians/Evangelicals will still vote for Trump.

But, people should not cede the Christian base to the right. There exists a Christian left which promotes humanist teachings. (Loving one another, donating wealth for social good, etc) These are people who did not and will not vote for Trump precisely because he's a morally repugnant person who's doing great harm.

All I said was that it was a little mean(spirited) and I'll reiterate again that I don't think it's a problem. I don't think this changes any votes. Since you're asking, the "offensive" part is implying they're incels/losers because they "can't find one" to marry.

Some people like their politicians to be less spicy. (and I understand some people like their politicians to be more spicy.)

It's bizarre to glom onto my 'mean' comment when the title is that it's 'savage'.

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped the clip at the "then just marry one" and thought it was great.

Did not like the second half as much because it was fairly mean.
I think she wouldn't come out swinging THAT hard on the general stage (she would probably stop at the first half). But you have to read the room. Shes at an LGBTQ Town Hall.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the "absolutely savage" thread title got my expectations too high. This was like "somewhat undomesticated" at best.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
Why shouldn't we be when the democratic party is inundated with supposedly progressive politicians who would flub on a question like this. It's a simple, competent & memorable answer for a disingenuous "issue" conservatives have been bandying about for generations attempting to pass of as some legitimate concern.
Please tell us more, 3 year old account with only 300 posts...
Yes must be a bot account bc I don't have 33k post to my name🙄

I'm just wholly unimpressed with Warren. I know the group think here hates her but Harris pulled all the receipts on her LGBT record

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that people like that are told they have to. It's core to their being that they have to convert as many people over to their religion.

I'll take my mother in law for example, she's hardcore Evangelical Christian, we're not. She's told me that in her mind, her daughter is a failure because she's not her perfect little Christian daughter.

These people are in a fucked up pyramid scheme where they view it as their duty to God to convert as many people as possible.
Yeah it's pretty sad, religion is often used as a front to get people to do things in a controlling way. Unfortunately people teach people like your mother that stuff when even in the bible it tells them to choose for themselves, not to force people to do anything, and that no one is ever perfect. So many of these religious organizations just seem to be used for personal gain, and politics. Preachers putting people in bondage ordering them to pay them first before bills, putting said preachers in mansions and personal jets.

What Warren said should be a wakeup call to a lot of the aggressive christian types. If you force people to do what you believe in, what happens when others come and try to force you to do what they believe in. Should Monks come and force Buddhism on people? Muslim people? The last one would cause riots. This is America, people have the right to live how they want, and this marraige belief stuff should not be dictated by anyone. In America you don't need to be religious to be married so why do you need to follow some rules that is apparently based on a religion that not all people are a part of? Do what makes you happy, and let others be happy.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, she is sooo much better at campaigning than I thought she would be. She'd make a fine president. And she's gonna win the nom over Biden. I can feel it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I can't tell you guys how much it pleases me that people are jumping on the Warren bandwagon.

I've been a fan of hers since 2010. She's *been* awesome. Others are finally realizing it.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just wholly unimpressed with Warren. I know the group think here hates her but Harris pulled all the receipts on her LGBT record
I don't hate Harris. I think she'd answer this in her won way that would be just as candid. The type of democrat that came to mind though when I thought of the exact type to give the most base answer to this were Biden and Pelosi.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Because its meaningless in the grand scheme.
Um sure but this is a town hall staffed with the exact people she should be representing. This good answer is hopeful & emotionally validating for people who are consistently marginalized. It's not yet policy but we should want our politicians to think and at least speak this way, candid, unapologetic and firm, when we're dealing with a cruel, disingenuous & vindictive contingent of opponents.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
What does this even mean? Do better? You can just admit your default is to hate her.

as stated in the post, warren has been offering much more substantive policy that I would rather focus on than something frivolous like this. if you still have it in you to celebrate moments like this, more power to you, but I guess I'm done with watching politicans step over the lowest possible bars. I don't recall ever saying that I dislike her as a candidate even

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
that's the BINGO answer

stop trying to tell others who they should love

This right here. I say this as a Christian, I don't see how these fucking people can look at the teachings and examples of Jesus's life and think he would tell people that love someone of the same physical sex they are bad people, etc. The core of his message was built around love, yet somehow that part takes the back seat when it comes to listening and living what he tried to convey...

I honestly get legit heated over this point somehow being missed...

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Yo she legit let that hang for whole seconds. Dude was stewing in is goofy ass conservatism until she flipped that shit like a Christian mingle magazine rack

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
as stated in the post, warren has been offering much more substantive policy that I would rather focus on than something frivolous like this. if you still have it in you to celebrate moments like this, more power to you, but I guess I'm done with watching politicans step over the lowest possible bars. I don't recall ever saying that I dislike her as a candidate even
My rights as a person are not "frivolous". This kind of question would get tripped up on by a non-insignificant amount of current Democratic candidates.

Her candidness on this issue is very appreciated and helps gives me and others like me a sense of security.