• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What project do you think this is refering to?

• Overdose

Votes: 175 21.7%
  • Death Stranding 2

Votes: 515 63.8%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 48 5.9%
  • MGSV Chapter 3

Votes: 69 8.6%

• Total voters

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Was going to ask if there's a chance this is a movie or something he's making, a short film, etc.

But it says "A Hideo Kojima Game"!!!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
She's the main character of MGSV Chapter 3 which takes place after Metal Gear Rising.

Serious discussion : that shirt she's wearing kinda looks like something from the past. Do we know anything about the setting of Overdose ?

Nov 28, 2017
Thinking Overdose, because it's a game, not a movie. Also, because of the red background, which the Overdose leak seemed to have.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait to see what's next from Kojima! Really, any and all of his projects!

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I'm going with Death Stranding 2.

Edit: yeah the Strands overlapping the image feels like a dead giveaway.

Last edited:

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
From the atmosphere and how different it looks from Death Stranding, my guess is Overdose.

Kojima definitely isn't making a Konami IP, but Death Stranding 2 is a possibility.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
The strands and the little bridges on the bottom make me think Death Stranding 2

Volken

Sep 18, 2022
Serious discussion : that shirt she's wearing kinda looks like something from the past. Do we know anything about the setting of Overdose ?

It doesn't look like a shirt.

Seems like a dress that ties at the neck or something of the like (you can see skin in the traps/shoulder area).

Volken

Sep 18, 2022

EERHSlKVAAAV6qi.jpg:large

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Was going to ask if there's a chance this is a movie or something he's making, a short film, etc.

But it says "A Hideo Kojima Game"!!!

Zero chance it was ever a movie. He's working on at least two games that we know of (Overdose and whatever the next game is for Sony, which is most likely DS2). The film/TV division they recently opened is also all the way in LA and there's no indication they have started any major projects yet. Could've been a short film I guess, but Kojima is still making games for now

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
I could be wrong but wasn't this teaser also present inside a VR simulation of the DS saferoom at TGS (or at least a room that looked like it)? If true, that leads me to believe this could be Death Stranding 2

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I really really hope it's Death Stranding 2.
What I really want from that game is for it to be set like 20 years after the first one starring a grown up Lou. I think a time jump is the most interesting thing we can go with that setting, really see how what we did in the first one plays out. And there's a lot Kojima can do about a post-isolationist society in the 2020s. Also we'd get an older Sam which would be neat.

Of course it's also possible this is for whatever he's doing with Xbox.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
Has to be Death Stranding 2. Overdose probably hasn't even gone into full production yet.

Excited to see how it looks.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
This might sound nitpicky but how do we know whatever this is will be Kojima's next game? For all we know Overdose might be releasing first.

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
I really really hope it's Death Stranding 2.
What I really want from that game is for it to be set like 20 years after the first one starring a grown up Lou. I think a time jump is the most interesting thing we can go with that setting, really see how what we did in the first one plays out. And there's a lot Kojima can do about a post-isolationist society in the 2020s. Also we'd get an older Sam which would be neat.

Of course it's also possible this is for whatever he's doing with Xbox.

The question is do they just use an unedited 2022 Norman Reedus to portray an older Sam or do they artifically make him look older than the real guy does right now, even though I think Sam would still be younger than the real Norman Reedus lol

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The question is do they just use an unedited 2022 Norman Reedus to portray an older Sam or do they artifically make him look older than the real guy does right now, even though I think Sam would still be younger than the real Norman Reedus lol
Either one works. It's Kojima so anything is possible. lol

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Nice! This poster actually reminds of The Neon Demon, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn (i.e., Heartman in Death Stranding)

MV5BMTY0MTUwMjAxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY3MTY4ODE@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNTAyOTkxNTQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ1NzQxOTE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited: