• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What project do you think this is refering to?

• Overdose

Votes: 175 21.7%
  • Death Stranding 2

Votes: 515 63.8%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 48 5.9%
  • MGSV Chapter 3

Votes: 69 8.6%

• Total voters

SpacemanZero

May 13, 2020
Take a loot at the logo/symbol on the bottom which looks much like the city symbols in Death Stranding. There's clearly a (draw)bridge and an umbrella... so, Fragile Bridges?

It's gotta be Death Stranding 2. But it's probably called Birth Stranding or Life Stranding or something like that this time.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
The insignia makes me think Death Stranding 2, but according to recent documentation that may have only started development this year? Yet it seems like Kojima has been working on an AAA game for a while? And yet Overdose exists, which is lower budget. And yet that is almost assuredly in its infancy going by the E3 announcement?

What the FUCK is going on exactly? What the fuck is this going to even be? Is Kojima really going to start the DS2 marketing cycle 3-4 years before release (again)?

March 2020, Norman Reedus said he was gonna talk with Kojima about a Death Stranding sequel.

2020 and 2021, Kojima Productions ported Death Stranding to PC and made the Director's Cut version.

August 2021, Reedus said "I think we're doing a second Death Stranding. [The game] is in negotiations now."

March 2022, Kojima started posting pics of Sony's mo-cap volume. He had begun making a new game.

May 2022, Reedus said "We just started the second one."

Last edited:

SpacemanZero

May 13, 2020
Kojima does early reveals, he did it also with Death Stranding. It was revealed in June 2016 during early development stages. Death Stranding's development time was roughly 3,5 years, so this might release around 2025.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
What's Fanning done in the past few years that's worth a watch? I think Neon Demon may have been the last thing I saw her in.

On that note I'm kinda surprised Kojima hasn't done a deeper collab with Refn aside from them doing cameos in their stuff.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
The question is do they just use an unedited 2022 Norman Reedus to portray an older Sam or do they artifically make him look older than the real guy does right now, even though I think Sam would still be younger than the real Norman Reedus lol

They've already did the reverse with Amelie being artificially made younger than the actress it was based on, so I suppose they could do that with Reedus. Would be interesting to see at least.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
This is a pretty lame "markerting campaign".
Very odd indeed.

I know Kojima and name drops are like PB&J but it's usually cool when it's a surprise in a in-engine trailer or snippet.

That just seem like a frontal shot from their 3d photog setup with some colored spotlight.

edit:
Hey maybe that could be Lou space jumping as an actress and other realities, hence the who am I, where am i...

who knows?

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
March 2020, Norman Reedus said he was gonna talk with Kojima about a Death Stranding sequel.

2020 and 2021, Kojima Productions ported Death Stranding to PC and made the Director's Cut version.

August 2021, Reedus said "I think we're doing a second Death Stranding. [The game] is in negotiations now."

March 2022, Kojima started posting pics of Sony's mo-cap volume. He had begun making a new game.

May 2022, Reedus said "We just started the second one."
Kojima does early reveals, he did it also with Death Stranding. It was revealed in June 2016 during early development stages. Death Stranding's development time was roughly 3,5 years, so this might release around 2025.
Since they have the tech already running on PS5 now, could they have built a big part of the new game mechanics in the background already even before starting mocap with the actors? I'd love to have DS2 way before 2025.

OP
OP
NediarPT88

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
PGW next?

View: https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1578331496506888192

Also seems like people already found the person being teased at PAX.

View: https://twitter.com/MichaelPayneV/status/1578324773712498689

View: https://twitter.com/JulienBourey/status/1578285053402308608?s=20&t=9KJ_RtUXXHrQbLTnNrNCJw

This is probably Death Stranding 2.
PlayStation France Community Manager teasing Elle Fanning

🤔

Wonder if he actually knows something or is just assuming. Not sure if a Community Manager would have access to info about games in development, though he might know some people who do at least.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Very odd indeed.

I know Kojima and name drops are like PB&J but it's usually cool when it's a surprise in a in-engine trailer or snippet.

That just seem like a frontal shot from their 3d photog setup with some colored spotlight.

edit:
Hey maybe that could be Lou space jumping as an actress and other realities, hence the who am I, where am i...

who knows?
I'm not surprised, since literally the first thing we saw for Death Stranding was Norman Reedus. He didn't even have an engine at that point.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
The insignia makes me think Death Stranding 2, but according to recent documentation that may have only started development this year? Yet it seems like Kojima has been working on an AAA game for a while? And yet Overdose exists, which is lower budget. And yet that is almost assuredly in its infancy going by the E3 announcement?

What the FUCK is going on exactly? What the fuck is this going to even be? Is Kojima really going to start the DS2 marketing cycle 3-4 years before release (again)?

Kojima's games have always had a long marketing cycle. Why would DS2 or Overdose be any different? His trailers are a big thing for The Game Awards and MS/Sony if they show at their events.

Also worth noting that if this is for Death Stranding 2, they already have an engine and gameplay structure ready to iterate upon. DS1 took roughly 3.5 years to build from scratch, so unless they're heavily expanding upon it, a sequel might be sooner than we think.

KP producer tweet, seems to be Death Stranding related
OP
OP
NediarPT88

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
There it is. Screenshoting in case she takes down the tweet.

NDs1wnf.png

Oct 27, 2017
Elle Fanning is too big for an indie project. All those tweets make me think of a mobile game, not a cloud one. But I think the actress teases are about his next big project, most likely DS2
12 Minutes has James McAvoy, Daisey Ridley, and Willem Dafoe in it. Indies can definitely pull celebs nowadays with the right publisher/backing

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Nothing against Elle,she's great but does Kojima have a rule about always having a white woman in his games?No black ladies in sight,last one i can remember is Fortune

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
Didn't Norman Reedus pretty much confirmed he's already working on DS2? I doubt KojiPro ist working on two projects at the same time, so I think it's clear.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people saying this is Lou? It's so obviously not going to take place after the ending of 1.
That's only obvious to you, and I'm not quite sure why you're so sure. There's a million things they could come up with in a sequel to keep it interesting after a very conclusive ending. It's how sequels have worked since the dawn of time.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Norman Reedus pretty much confirmed he's already working on DS2? I doubt KojiPro ist working on two projects at the same time, so I think it's clear.
We know from the Sony leak that DS2 is in production but Kojima also announced the Xbox partnership. I figure they must be working on two projects

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
That's only obvious to you, and I'm not quite sure why you're so sure. There's a million things they could come up with in a sequel to keep it interesting after a very conclusive ending. It's how sequels have worked since the dawn of time.
Yup.

I was one of those who felt TLoU didn't need a sequel, and Part 2 turned out great.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
We know from the Sony leak that DS2 is in production but Kojima also announced the Xbox partnership. I figure they must be working on two projects
And some ppl have been saying this for months.

Obviously one is gonna come out before the other but I agree, they are just working on 2 projects, that's all.

One is just further along than the other.

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
But can KojiPro be full working on two big projects at the same time with actors/motion capture/etc? Maybe if the Xbox project is a small one, I don't think KojiPro has growed so much in the last years.