• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
So the board finally gets to put a leash on this guy. Wonder how long he'll be able to handle that.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hopefully with him out as chairman and two independent board members will cull his crazy work hours and conditions for his employees. it might hurt their value, but slowing down might do Tesla some good

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The fine on Tesla is gonna hurt if they're already having cash flow problems, yeesh. I wonder how much debt they can stomach.

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just Musk. It's just about everything.

Someone could invent a working teleporter tomorrow and one of the first posts on the first page would be "man, can't wait to see what the 'teleporters will never work' shills have to say!".

I guess there's some small bit of satisfaction to be taken from seeing the people who are most sure of something be proven wrong. Especially when they're dicks about it (not calling anyone out. Just saying in general).

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well great time to buy tesla. this quick resolve of this episode combined with musk staying as ceo will bring back those people that sold the stock on friday in droves,

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really isn't even a slap on the wrist. $40 million is nothing for a $50 billion company, and Musk stays on as CEO. I'm cheering for Tesla as a company, but Musk fucked up badly and the SEC needed to show that this was a serious offense. They could've easily won that case. I can see that the SEC thought it could have sunk the company if they pursued the case and harmed the company's investors, so they settled.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does a Chairman do?
Sit on a chair and smoke weed, man.
FgJ6keM.gif

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This really isn't even a slap on the wrist. $40 million is nothing for a $50 billion company, and Musk stays on as CEO. I'm cheering for Tesla as a company, but Musk fucked up badly and the SEC needed to show that this was a serious offense. They could've easily won that case. I can see that the SEC thought it could have sunk the company if they pursued the case and harmed the company's investors, so they settled.

At the same time it's a bigger fine than any CEOs of big banks paid for ruining the economy in 2008.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just Musk. It's just about everything.

Someone could invent a working teleporter tomorrow and one of the first posts on the first page would be "man, can't wait to see what the 'teleporters will never work' shills have to say!".
Hey, I just enjoy laughing at Musk's fanboys, got nothing against teleporters-will-never-work shills!

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the same time it's a bigger fine than any CEOs of big banks paid for ruining the economy in 2008.
Let's not forget that zero people went to jail over what happened in 2008.
Honestly, I'm happy that there is a statement in that settlement which mandates the board approve all of Elon's communications. Maybe we can get less stupid fucking tweeting now.
Of course all the people with hate-boners for Elon here on this site will be sad when he actually doesn't say anything they can constantly shit on anymore. How ironic will that be.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Honestly, I'm happy that there is a statement in that settlement which mandates the board approve all of Elon's communications. Maybe we can get less stupid fucking tweeting now.
Of course all the people with hate-boners for Elon here on this site will be sad when he actually doesn't say anything they can constantly shit on anymore. How ironic will that be.

I would actually be very happy if he kept his mouth shut and provided results like what one expects from a CEO of a luxury car company instead of accusing strangers of being pedophiles.

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would actually be very happy if he kept his mouth shut and provided results like what one expects from a CEO of a luxury car company instead of accusing strangers of being pedophiles.
Well no shit, people have been trying to tell him to stop the stupid-ass tweeting for the whole year now. It's sad that it had to come down to an SEC settlement over false and misleading statements to investors in order for an actual muzzle to maybe finally be put on him instead of, you know, just shutting the fuck up already on Twitter.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
People who rightfully criticize Musks dumbass actions, or as you call them, "haters", at least don't look as bad as you right now:

Of course they are angry, they'll be even more angry when it's not "fraud" and this goes through.

I'll be voting my shares in favor of this. I have no idea what it's like being a holder of private equity but it sure looks like I'm going to find out.

cebri

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really weird chains of events. Probably his lawyers already begged him to accept the initial offer from the SEC.

Also this is quite relevant:

According to the SEC's complaint against Tesla, despite notifying the market in 2013 that it intended to use Musk's Twitter account as a means of announcing material information about Tesla and encouraging investors to review Musk's tweets, Tesla had no disclosure controls or procedures in place to determine whether Musk's tweets contained information required to be disclosed in Tesla's SEC filings. Nor did it have sufficient processes in place to that Musk's tweets were accurate or complete.

Tesla should really improve its corporate governance, is not a company owned by Musk exclusively and he can't do whatever he wants with the company. Also, having an independent chairman will prevent idiotic moves like buying Solar City to bail out his cousin.

Also relevant:
Musk and Tesla have agreed to settle the charges against them without admitting or denying the SEC's allegations

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the Musk-stans who were screaming to everyone that nothing would happen and Musk was innocent look SO STUPID right now...

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
the master brain lord pulls an incredible 12th dimensional chess move. come back in 10 years to observe the true genius of this move

Deleted member 33597

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
All the Musk-stans who were screaming to everyone that nothing would happen and Musk was innocent look SO STUPID right now...
This has been the weirdest sequence of events. We have people going from "lol it's nothing" to "I never said it was nothing!" to "I'm glad somebody's putting reins on him" to "you haters sure are idiots." That's some amazing backpedaling and mental gymnastics, holy hell.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing is going to change. Musk is Tesla just like Jobs was Apple. They're not going to get rid of him. This just lets them make the big boy decisions. This was still just a slap on the wrist.