• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the exact same settlement he turned down, he got lucky the SEC didn't tell him he had his chance and that the deal was off, and they'd press the case.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New chairman and 2 nee directors. Hopefully the new board fires his ass soon.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
His lawyers finally talked some sense into him. They should have made a ban on company-related tweets a stipulation as well.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Wish he'd lost his CEO role. But Musk is an asshole few can deny is an asshole anymore and his stans look worse than they previously did, so at least this wasn't a total bust

May 10, 2018
Looks like someone talked some sense into him.

He still gets to be CEO as well so it's about the best case scenario for him considering this was his own damn fault.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn he gotta resign too. Probably for the best honestly lol

Edit: ok he gets to stay on but isn't chairman right? Well hopefully this lets the guy pull his head out of his ass and focus on priorities

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best case scenario for him and Tesla. They can survive a 20 million dollar hit, but the publicity would be terrible for them to lose Musk as CEO.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is honestly very bullish for the company. Musk stays on as CEO, the board becomes more of a check against him. The stock will probably pop from $265 to $290-300 on Monday. About the best outcome possible for Tesla. It makes me sick that I didn't buy at $260 around 3 p.m. on Friday. I thought about it, it was historically a good price, but the reports were Musk had turned the settlement down, so I couldn't anticipate that he'd change his mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Would this investigation really open up his finances and stuff?

If so I can imagine why he wanted to end this quick lol

Deleted member 12177

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the SEC filing:

"Musk and Tesla will each pay a separate $20 million penalty. The $40 million in penalties will be distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process"