• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some cynical motherfuckers in this thread.
Yeah because Elon Musk isn't known for loving a good publicity stunt or anything. And it would be absolutely disgraceful if it's on the top of a real life situation with a big potential for tragedy. If he can show the receipts and bring out some real innovation that even if it's not used this time around, it still might have future applications, kudos on him. If he announces all this when it was already rumored that the operations were going to start and then simply backtracks and shows nothing for it, it's a really bad look on him.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
images

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's funny, because you're acting as if Elon is the victim in all this because we're not throwing ourselves at his feet.

a - "That guy sucks and his idea is stupid!"

b - "Uhh, relax. He's trying to help and the idea is fine."

a - "OMG SO WE DON'T WANT TO SUCK HIS DICK SUE US"

You're children.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
His behavior over the past few months hasn't exactly helped.

Even ignoring that I can't see this as anything but shameless self promotion. Aren't those kids on a timeline of days right now? And the rescue already underway? None of his "brilliant" ideas are going to do anything when they're still on the drawing board.

you know what - if you don't like Musk, keep it out of the thread. there's 0 need for it here. it's a thread about him trying to help 12 kids trapped in a flooded cave, just keep it about that. keep the hypotheticals that paint him as a super villain out if it, they just serve to derail the thread.. that's just generating needless hate and anger.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Dude sent engineers to the site for some onsite diagnosis so he could build this and help out. Yet people are on here calling it a publicity stunt.

Dudes trying to save 12 kids in a fucking dire situation. Sure it's not going to be used becuase the divers have the best shot right now with how much water recited recently, but shit he was still actively trying.

Man the internet, even attempting to save kids won't stop the hate for a second

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doubted it would ever happen anyway, especially in the time needed to save them. But I suppose it was the thought that counts.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Doubted it would ever happen anyway, especially in the time needed to save them. But I suppose it was the thought that counts.
Honesly this was a really good idea but with the mansoon hitting soon they we're out of time and the waters are there lowest yet so they opportunity is now.

God speed you divers you really are brave hero's!!!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Knock it off with the petty back-and-forth. If you can't discuss the topic in a mature way, don't post in the thread.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I like how some of the posters in this thread hadn't bothered to post about this whole situation until Elon Musk came into the picture.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
It'd be great if they came up with a solution that saved lives. If that happened, it would be a good thing. Until then, it's just people talking.

Lwyn

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
Do people not care about the warning we just received?

Anyway, the situation is changing rapidly and I hope what ever plan Thailand does works.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is inspiring, even if they don't use his design.

He sees a problem, and his natural inclination is to sit down and work out how to solve it by building something using the resources at his disposal. That's maker culture at it's very best.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
This is inspiring, even if they don't use his design.

He sees a problem, and his natural inclination is to sit down and work out how to solve it by building something using the resources at his disposal. That's maker culture at it's very best.
did he design it or did he order his team to design it, possibly with a tweet?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
His behavior over the past few months hasn't exactly helped.

Even ignoring that I can't see this as anything but shameless self promotion. Aren't those kids on a timeline of days right now? And the rescue already underway? None of his "brilliant" ideas are going to do anything when they're still on the drawing board.

Only took 37 posts before this started. Era is getting more tolerant.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why cant Bill Gates or Bloomberg or those racist fucks the Murdochs be like Elon Musk.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah because Elon Musk isn't known for loving a good publicity stunt or anything. And it would be absolutely disgraceful if it's on the top of a real life situation with a big potential for tragedy. If he can show the receipts and bring out some real innovation that even if it's not used this time around, it still might have future applications, kudos on him. If he announces all this when it was already rumored that the operations were going to start and then simply backtracks and shows nothing for it, it's a really bad look on him.
Didn't he provide power to cuba after a hurricane? And to australia as well?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
did the one man do anything beyond committee is the question.

The man created, is part of and leads the group of people now hard at work on a solution to save the lives of these kids. So yes.

People are honestly bending over backwards these days to not give Musk any kind of credit for anything. It's ridiculous.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
This is coming from someone that honestly couldnt'stand Musk before two days ago. Seriously, just look my post history for proof.

This, this was amazing. And I say this apart of this getting used by the kids in Thai or not. I just hope that he's reasonable enough to send the pod there and have this as the plan b.

Congrats, Mr. Musk. You have a shitload of new fans.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Monsoon Season and the incoming storms worked against any sort of idea that required some production time etc. At this point we just have to hope at least some of them make it out alive and hopefully all of them do. With storms coming there is no more delaying

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA

Let's see, he's trying to ween this planet off of combustible cars by manufacturing a whole new type of vehicle and then giving the battery patents away for free., Then he help designed and manufactured a reusable space rocket and now he's trying to help design something to help rescue children trapped in a cave that's gonna be flooded in a week or so by a monsoon. And people are giving him shit for it?

i don't care if he's doing it for publicity or the movie rights or or blowjobs from supermodels. He's doing something to help them. And he's getting shit for it from people here on this board who are literally doing nothing.

I hope he continues the plan in case as a backup cause that would be awesome. And Idris Elba can play him in the lifetime movie reenactment.

WHy? I havnt read up on ole bill these days.

August 2017 - Bill Gates Gives Away $4.6 Billion, Unveils New Campaign To Combat Malaria

Also the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, which has $38 billion in assets, mostly from him to "to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology."

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
People can shit on Musk all they like, and sure he says cringey stuff at times, but at least he's trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.