• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Article

Elon Musk sent a memo to SpaceX employees on Friday underplaying the dangers of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus, which is now considered a pandemic, according to a report from BuzzFeed News.

Musk's email, sent earlier today, told employees of the space transport company that they were far more likely to die from a car crash than COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. He also said that, based on the evidence he had seen about COVID-19, he doesn't think it's "within the top 100 health risks in the United States." The email follows a tweet Musk sent last week saying "the coronavirus panic is dumb." SpaceX did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This guy

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
The man has some great ideas and I'm glad he is pushing for some good tech. But he's also dumb as shit a lot of the time.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
This is already a stupid comment, but the fact that he's the CEO of a car company as well makes it even dumber.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
He has some good ideas but he seems like an idiot outside of his primary topics

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He sent it to SpaceX employees so I would think that they're pretty educated when it comes to science, I wonder what they really think about Elon Musk

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agree with him that being panicked is pretty dumb. People are buying out grocery stores, toilet paper, facemasks etc.

Shouldn't we be cautious instead of panicking? I mean there is a large difference between the two.

Elon Musk can be dumb af sometimes tho

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck

I actually agree with him that being panicked is pretty dumb. People are buying out grocery stores, toilet paper, facemasks etc.

Shouldn't we be cautious instead of panicking? I mean there is a large difference between the two.

Being cautious is buying supplies. The point is that people avoid supermarkets as much as possible after this.

The whole world is facing lockdown, of course grocery stores are crazy right now.

How would you be cautious, continue your bi-weekly or weekly grocery runs?

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I actually agree with him that being panicked is pretty dumb.People are buying out grocery stores, toilet paper, facemasks etc.

aren't those the same thing? people are buying out grocery stores so they can possible stay at home for an extended period of time. a lot of people have to work from home or now have to stay home to watch kids. staying home is being cautious.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The hell people are STILL stanning for this fool after a comment like this? It's a goddamn crisis, he should be helping instead of posting bullshit like this with the following he has. But no, people are like "well, he has some good ideas...", the hell? Everybody has good ideas, it's just to bad this dumbass had the chance to realize them.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I got real sick because I talked to a guy who crashed his car and then a lot of the people I hung out with a week later got sick. And then people they had contact with got sick!

He's got a point.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hell people are STILL stanning for this fool after a comment like this? It's a goddamn crisis, he should be helping instead of posting bullshit like this with the following he has. But no, people are like "well, he has some good ideas...", the hell? Everybody has good ideas, it's just to bad this dumbass had the chance to realize them.
1.72 M people and you wonder why nobody took this serious until the NBA suspended the season

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Car crashes are more dangerous? That must be a popular statement to make as CEO for a car maker.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck

Being cautious is buying supplies. The point is that people avoid supermarkets as much as possible after this.

The whole world is facing lockdown, of course grocery stores are crazy right now.

I am not talking about "just buying supplies". I am talking about people fighting over toilet paper at grocery stores when they already have a cart full of toilet paper. People panic buying face masks when hospitals are running out of supplies etc.

I mean like I just said.. I don't think its black and white.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Does Elon Musk have an identical twin? One of them is really smart and instigates some amazing things while the other sometimes escapes from his padded cell and says something really stupid. It's the only possible explanation for the nonsense that 'Elon Musk' sometimes comes out with.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
You might die of anything so why are you worried about this.

Because prevention is better than risking people dying, dumbass.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the worst thing is that he adds to the fire as people actually look up to him as they think he's a genius, blame people but he just never helps with stuff

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not talking about "just buying supplies". I am talking about people fighting over toilet paper at grocery stores when they already have a cart full of toilet paper. People panic buying face masks when hospitals are running out of supplies etc.

I mean like I just said.. I don't think its black and white.

Most people do not fight over toilet paper or buy insane amounts. Most people buy a month of groceries.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

This is your typical billionaire, he only cares about his own money, so keep working the plebe while he's safe at home. He doesn't care if these people get sick, poor people should just work to death.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
Well, about 37,000 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes in the US in 2016.
And let's say only half of the US population gets the disease at some point and let's say the death rate is about as low as influenza 0.1 percent, we still have 115.000 people dead.
I'd say it's pretty damn serious.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
If we could prevent car crashes with simple steps like keeping clean, wiping doorknobs, and avoiding crowds, I'm pretty sure you'd be a monster not to do that.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Does Elon Musk have an identical twin? One of them is really smart and instigates some amazing things while the other sometimes escapes from his padded cell and says something really stupid. It's the only possible explanation for the nonsense that 'Elon Musk' sometimes comes out with.
The secret is that Elon Musk saying stupid stuff is what inspires his smart employees to do amazing things.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Fuck

By panic buying all you are doing is hurting the most vulnerable in society. It's a fuck you got mine attitude and it's wrong. Food and supplies are not running out, most people are going to get sick eventually. Just take what you need for the next week then go shopping again.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Easy for this motherfucker to say while he doesn't have to come in contact with people for months. Fucking billionaiers

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
By panic buying all you are doing is hurting the most vulnerable in society. It's a fuck you got mine attitude and it's wrong. Food and supplies are not running out, most people are going to get sick eventually. Just take what you need for the next week then go shopping again.

Buying a month of supplies is not panic buying.

And me going out there risking getting infected or passing on a possible infection is not going to help anyone.

We need less people out there, those able to work from home need to do their part and settle in.

No way I am taking the NYC Subway or an Uber. Way too risky and not needed. Rush hour has to be terrifying enough as is right now.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
He's right but he's also wrong.

There's no excuse for the way some people have been acting.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

And me going out there risking getting infected or passing on a possible infection is not going to help anyone.

We need less people out there, those able to work from home need to do their part and settle in.

No way I am taking the NYC Subway or an Uber. Way too risky and not needed. Rush hour has to be terrifying enough as is right now.

Well you sure sound panicked.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
SollefteĂĄ, Sweden

Are you a 70 year old? Or a toddler?
If not, then you'll survive shopping each week.

Its not Captain Trips

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well you sure sound panicked.

I don't see how being cautious and taking this as a serious event means I'm panicked.

The whole point of countries imposing lockdown is to have less people on the street. Which will protect those that have no choice to go out.

Its not Captain Trips

What the fuck? If everyone thought like you guys we'd be fucked.

Make adjustments people, I don't care how healthy and young you are.

Also: how dare you downplay the Corona virus and compare it to a fictional thing.

Last edited:

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
That sounds like Elon Musk who thinks he knows everything about every subject when really he's just a magician from Arrested Development with a life caption of "I demand to be taken seriously".

Its not Captain Trips

You can infect other people even if you're likely to have no major complications yourself.

He's right but he's also wrong. There's no excuse for the way some people have been acting.
You can repeat that last line verbatim anytime he opens his mouth. He's an egomaniac.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason when it comes to people who use twitter to get attention

1) Trump

2) Elon Musk