• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely the weakest crossover for me. It had its moments, but after the first episode, my enthusiasm slowly waned. Meh.

Judging by everyone's excitement, I guess next year's crossover will be a lot more promising/hype at least.
Never saw Earth X, but this way wayyyyy better than the aliens crossover. The Arrow dream episode was the only good part of it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They count it as a crossover, I think it's fair game. It was a pretty big cast.

The list is

Flash vs. Arrow
Heroes Join Forces
Invasion!
Crisis on Earth-X
Elseworlds

Sure I guess. Anyways, out of the three I had in mind when posting that, I consider it to be the weakest.

Never saw Earth X, but this way wayyyyy better than the aliens crossover. The Arrow dream episode was the only good part of it.

The 100th episode? Yea none of the Elseworld episodes were better than that for me :P

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it! That was awesome. I think I liked Earth X better overall, but I do like how this one felt more streamlined without having to deal with the Legends characters. I was a bit disappointed when they didnt use Batwoman in the last episode though. Really hope she gets her own show next year!
Yeah. Hopefully it's not too long until it's ready.
Would be really cool to have especially with Gotham about to end, which I really liked. I hope they can keep it up with the fights and gadgets when they need to do it very regularly. The grapple gun had some nice kick and force to it in the main action scene she got in ep 2. Pulling the guys hard enough to crash into and break the glass etc.

That reminds me, thought Shipp's Flash would have more than one moment in the crossover. Not that it wasn't cool to see at least that once, with his entrance and then him standing with the others. And kicking off the story with him in the stingers before the crossover.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
For me I'd rank the crossovers as

1. Crisis on Earth X
2. Elseworlds
3. Invasion
4. Flash vs Arrow
5. Heroes Join Forces.
Yeah, that'd be my ranking, too.

Heroes Join Forces suffered from being the world's most obvious setup for Legends of Tomorrow (To an even further extent than the Batwoman setup this year, which I think was handled better) and the only real standout scene is Savage nuking Central City and everyone but Barry with it.

Flash Vs. Arrow was fun

Invasion has the novelty of Supergirl interacting with everyone for the first time and the Arrow portion, which really kinda elevates everything else as a whole

Elseworlds was pretty fun in spite of it's shortcomings, and it kinda makes sense now that we know it was pretty much a three hour trailer for Crisis on Infinite Earths

Crisis on Earth-X is the closest any of these shows have come to making it feel like a DC event book come to life, and it's honestly what gives me hope that they won't fuck up CoIE

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For all the people that complained that Supergirl beat Superman in a fight... congrats, the big blue boy scout got to save the day.

giphy.gif

By being literally beaten up in every way, not landing a single hit, and claiming that Kara is "so much stronger than him", AGAIN (this is the 3rd time) before being written out of the shows.

Yup, a supergirl episode. Lmao

It was a good episode. I enjoyed the fact they actually focused on Clark and Lois quite a bit. But that end, it stings. As usual.

But the positive is that this time he got trashed by some random scientist that stole his body. So it makes sense that he would get trashed by Kara. We just don't know why this Superman is so lackluster.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
By being literally beaten up in every way, not landing a single hit, and claiming that Kara is "so much stronger than him", AGAIN (this is the 3rd time) before being written out of the shows.

Yup, a supergirl episode. Lmao

It was a good episode. I enjoyed the fact they actually focused on Clark and Lois quite a bit. But that end, it stings. As usual.

But the positive is that this time he got trashed by some random scientist that stole his body. So it makes sense that he would get trashed by Kara. We just don't know why this Superman is so lackluster.
Of course he's going to say Kara is stronger. He's a nice guy. He's going to say it regardless of if it's true or not to boost her confidence. This Supes is a pretty chill guy, he has no problem with others taking the lead.

Plus he got trashed by a random scientist who rewrote reality. Deegan could/should have been even stronger.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if they are actually setting up for Arrow to end next season or something, I'm all for it.
I don't want the show to end up like Supernatural where there is no end in sight.
End it while it's still has a good following. And end it strong.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Of course he's going to say Kara is stronger. He's a nice guy. He's going to say it regardless of if it's true or not to boost her confidence. This Supes is a pretty chill guy, he has no problem with others taking the lead.

Plus he got trashed by a random scientist who rewrote reality. Deegan could/should have been even stronger.

Again, in a vacuum, there's nothing wrong.

But I always feel frustrated as a Superman fan.

"Well just watch the Superman show then" yeah well there's none. So when they use my favorite character for very limited appearances and also write him out of the shows entirely, I'd kind of enjoy a bit more than this. Now I'm aware Supergirl didn't do much in this episode, but again, she has an entire show dedicated to herself, so it's not as needed.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seeing Oliver sacrifice himself to save the universe he helped build is gonna HURT. ):

That COIE teaser made me marvel at how far Oliver has come from his early days fighting against corporate criminals and other street level, non-powered opponents to taking a central role in a Crisis on Infinite Earths. Bet Robert Queen never had that in mind when he told his son to right his wrongs.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Again, in a vacuum, there's nothing wrong.

But I always feel frustrated as a Superman fan.

"Well just watch the Superman show then" yeah well there's none. So when they use my favorite character for very limited appearances and also write him out of the shows entirely, I'd kind of enjoy a bit more than this. Now I'm aware Supergirl didn't do much in this episode, but again, she has an entire show dedicated to herself, so it's not as needed.

This is the trap the creators of Supergirl wrote themselves into when they decided to have a Superman on Kara's earth in the first place. I'll take this Superman, even with the cringe-inducing moments you've pointed out, over text-buddy Superman from Supergirl season 1.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Also too bad we could't see Nora flip out at everyone coming out to help out. I hope they reference it while she was gone lol.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So. Ollie gave his life instead? Which means they might be ending his run?

But.. it means we will finally get all the earths together.

There is no way they do that crossover in 3 nights.

But.. THEY ARE DOING CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.
It needs to be 5 episodes.

They need to go all in.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
If I had my way, it would be six episodes.

Part 1: Arrow
Part 2: The Flash
Part 3: Supergirl
Part 4: Legends of Tomorrow
Part 5: Batwoman or (on the miniscule chance Batwoman isn't greenlit) Black Lightning
Part 6: 90 minute special titled "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Finale"

That's just me though.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So there is no Superman and Supergirl on Earth 1 or Clark and Kara didn't end up on earth or something, I wonder if Crisis will merge Earth 38 then.

Last edited:

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe they're writing off Supes. Maybe after COIE all of them will end up on the same Earth? I could see them ending Arrow in season 8 and just having Oliver cameo in other shows from time to time like RDJ in the MCU.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
They need all of them involved in this next one please. Including Black Lightening. Bring out Batman and end in a massive merge and give birth to many other multiverses. Cannot fucking wait. And with all those shows ez 7 parts that would be so nuts.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
2008: An Iron Man movie? Man, I guess.

2012: A Green Arrow TV show? Ehh, maybe.

Fast Forward to 2019 and we could very likely watch both these characters die onscreen and it's gonna tear us all apart inside. Crazy world.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1:

IRIS, to OLIVER: "I mean, can you believe what a giant piece of shit Oliver is, cutting a deal to sacrifice himself to save his friends without first asking his wife?"

Episode 3:

Oliver likely cuts a deal to sacrifice himself to save his friends, tells no one.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Episode 1:

IRIS, to OLIVER: "I mean, can you believe what a giant piece of shit Oliver is, cutting a deal to sacrifice himself to save his friends without first asking his wife?"

Episode 3:

Oliver likely cuts a deal to sacrifice himself to save his friends, tells no one.
That's Oliver for ya. Though to be fair he didn't exactly have time to contact his wife about saving his friends.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I was wondering what that big hammer Lois was carrying as well...

Brainy able to body Amazo by himself like that...

Superman barbecuing in the Fortress of Solitude was fun.

Stopped watching Supergirl after last year, but the Alex/Kara dynamic was one of the better parts of the show and they utilized that tonight.

Deegan's face - yikes

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Overall an okay crossover. The first episode was the best by far just for the sheer comedy and excellent Amazo fight. Episode two was just okay mostly because Batwoman was onscreen for about two seconds. Episode three shines in particular because Tyler Hoechlin is an amazing Superman and he played the evil Superman pretty well also!

I have no idea who Psycho Pirate is!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm a mess at the thought of Oliver dying at the end of next year's crossover.

Though there would be a nice symmetry of Tommy dying at the end of Season 1 to inspire Oliver to be better and Oliver dying at the end of the crossover to inspire the founding of the Justice League.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this episode. They better not be writing Tyler's Superman out forever. I know he got his ass kicked a little bit today, but Deegan was basically a god up until Oliver shot the book.

Who was the guy in the steel mask at the end? It kind of looks Doctor Fate-ish?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I really liked this episode. They better not be writing Tyler's Superman out forever. I know he got his ass kicked a little bit today, but Deegan was basically a god up until Oliver shot the book.

Who was the guy in the steel mask at the end? It kind of looks Doctor Fate-ish?

Some guy called Psycho Pirate! I've never heard of him.

No way Tyler's Supes is gone forever before he meets Brandon Routh.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Think overall this was probably my favorite crossover, just beating out Earth-X ever so slightly. I enjoyed how much more focused this felt, even at the sacrifice of having a huge cast like Earth-X. My biggest complaint would be that it maybe could've used another episode's worth of time, there were parts that felt a bit rushed.
Next year is gonna be fucking bananas.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad at y'all for posting that thread about Crisis before I had a chance to watch the episode. That moment would've damn near killed me if I didn't know it was coming.

Some guy called Psycho Pirate! I've never heard of him.

No way Tyler's Supes is gone forever before he meets Brandon Routh.

Agreed. Hopefully they finagle a reason for Clark and Lois to come back for the Crisis. It would be pretty odd if they weren't involved.

snackshack

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe my favorite crossover so far. Barry and Oliver swapping roles was just too good. Kara didn't get enough usage imo. Superman was cool. More Batwoman would have been neat. Three episodes wasn't enough time to setup a great villain and that was unfortunate. However, setting up CoIE was aces.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. My two friends and I just watched all three episodes of the crossover at once and we were dumbfounded at how stupid but amazingly good and entertaining this was.

Nearly every goddamn thing was a nod and I LOVED IT.

We all SCREAMED when SOMEBODY SAVE ME played.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So where was Sam Witwer? I saw his name in the opening credits but don't recall seeing him at all. Were his scene(s) cut?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So where was Sam Witwer? I saw his name in the opening credits but don't recall seeing him at all. Were his scene(s) cut?
He's a series regular on Supergirl. His name is contractually obligated to be in the opening credits even if he doesn't appear in the episode. Same with how Rene, Dinah, Roy and Emiko were credited on Part 2 even though they didn't appear, and Joe, Nora and Cecile on Part 1.