• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Plus I could see the Flash writers going "Wait, we don't need to explain how the pointless villains-of-the-week get their powers each season? We can just say 'it's an alien, they have powers' and call if a day? Sign us up!"

Also, use the Crisis to give Diggle his dang ring. Also, change the gender of his kid again. Every time someone changes reality Diggle's kid's gender should change.

tumblr_o2rvnkHj2L1uhbffeo1_500.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There would still be aliens that have always existed and are working even having industries based on the alien immigrant like all the companies are using nth metal now

Pretty much. It'd just be the same way Supergirl's Earth is, only on Earth-1. Or I guess we'll just have to call it Prime Earth.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Plus I could see the Flash writers going "Wait, we don't need to explain how the pointless villains-of-the-week get their powers each season? We can just say 'it's an alien, they have powers' and call if a day? Sign us up!"

Also, use the Crisis to give Diggle his dang ring. Also, change the gender of his kid again. Every time someone changes reality Diggle's kid's gender should change.
Supergirl: Aliens are people that deserve to live their lives and be treated like everyone else
Flash: Aliens are fucking criminals that should all die or get locked up

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

90% chance Eobard is somehow outside of time when Crisis happens and still remembers the multiverse after the merger and just fucks with Barry about it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Random thoughts:
This is the most I'd seen Hoechlin's Superman and I really dig him, outside of the whole "you're better than me" speech to Kara, which felt very pandering. I also enjoyed Lois quite a bit and would be totally down to watch a show about them.

After all the hype Batwoman was underused and I'm still not sure how much I'd care about a show around her. Also, it's so ridiculous that they can't use Batman.

While not as hyped, I was still disappointed with how little they used 90's Flash.

The dude that played The Monitor was great. I'm looking forward to seeing him pop up now and then.

Overall though I enjoyed this quite a bit. Yeah, there was some dumb stuff in the stories but these shows are just mindless to me anyway, and I'm fine with that. However I can't help but feel Crisis is going to disappoint. That's a big story to go for with the budget these shows have so the scope will be pared down quite heavily. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is possibly the end of at least some of the shows.

BurntFoot

Banned
Apr 10, 2018
Oliver ain't dying during CoIE. Arrow season 8 still has to happen.

The Flash isn't the Flash without Cavanagh, but I agree. Sherloque and Ralph butting heads hasn't produced much value for the show.

They wouldn't have chosen to do this particular crossover if the goal wasn't to merge the two Earths. Simple as that. They know exactly what expectation they're setting by announcing CoIA a year in advance.

Also, important thing to keep in mind: the teaser said Fall 2019. Which means the crossover is likely going to air before the seasons premiere and establish a new status quo in advance.
Still keeping my hype in check.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Final ratings were 0.7 for Flash and 0.8 for Arrow and Supergirl. Much better than the 0.6 originally reported. Last year was 0.9s and a 1.0, this wasn't incredible but it tracks with how The CW's ratings are doing.

Starting marketing for next year already may help for next year.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
outside of the whole "you're better than me" speech to Kara, which felt very pandering.

I always felt it was amusing how much this apparently bugged people, it happened once before in a previous season, and some just haven't let it go.

Supergirl: Aliens are people that deserve to live their lives and be treated like everyone else
Flash: Aliens are fucking criminals that should all die or get locked up

Looks like we need an alien version of Charlie

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Funny, they originally pitched calling this crossover Identity Crisis, which would've been perfect but as it had nothing to do with the comic storyline they didn't want to 'false advertise', so to speak.

Also, The Flash (1990) is officially canon to the Arrowverse multiverse.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Will the next crossover end up being a mini series of its own?

Arrow, Flash and supergirl have less episodes say 18 episodes instead of 23

And l mini series be 8-12 episodes?

Give me this

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I always felt it was amusing how much this apparently bugged people, it happened once before in a previous season, and some just haven't let it go.

I don't watch the show so this is the only time I've seen it. I've no problems talking up Supergirl but him saying she's so much better felt like "You're the star so I'm going to say you're the best ever." Stuff like that irks me a bit (see: the way most npcs talks to you in WoW).

It also feels like a reason they won't do a superman show. She's here so he can go do whatever, which also felt off. I don't see Supes leaving Earth like that no matter who else is around.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Will the next crossover end up being a mini series of its own?

Arrow, Flash and supergirl have less episodes say 18 episodes instead of 23

And l mini series be 8-12 episodes?

Give me this
Due to how these things work... probably not. It would basically mean they'd have to start an entirely new TV show if they were to do that, and that's a whole lot of hoops to jump through. Like they can't edit Elseworlds or Earth-X into a movie because of how TV show crediting works.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Me too.

Now I really want them to do an episode in the 90's Flash universe in the style of the 90's show. Add some fakey VHS tracking, a non-widescreen aspect ratio, and do a re-shot shot-for-shot intro sequence. Get Tina, the Mayor/Beat Cop, Julio, and Hamill back.

Have Eobard go there and team up with Pollux or some nonsense.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Very fun crossover this year. Too bad no legends but sounds like we get them back next year.

Mixed on batwoman mostly due to rose not being good but we also barely got anything from her so I'd be interested in more right now.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch the show so this is the only time I've seen it. I've no problems talking up Supergirl but him saying she's so much better felt like "You're the star so I'm going to say you're the best ever." Stuff like that irks me a bit (see: the way most npcs talks to you in WoW).

It also feels like a reason they won't do a superman show. She's here so he can go do whatever, which also felt off. I don't see Supes leaving Earth like that no matter who else is around.
I think of it this way: most versions of Superman would say that regardless whether it's true. Additionally, most versions of him unconsciously hold back so they very rarely appear as powerful as they can be.

Realistically, though, Supergirl is the main character here, and it does them no good if we keep wondering what Superman is doing or why he isn't helping all the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl being more powerful than Superman has been a thing in the comics for a long time, too, because she actually grew up on Krypton and then came to Earth as a teenager.

Plus, yeah, Clark is always going to defer to other people. It's just in his nature.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think the CW would get remotely close to how good the Batman production design of Gotham is but damn I really liked Bruce Wayne's office,
Had the Arkham game aesthetic to it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl being more powerful than Superman has been a thing in the comics for a long time, too, because she actually grew up on Krypton and then came to Earth as a teenager.

Plus, yeah, Clark is always going to defer to other people. It's just in his nature.
To be a pedantic nerd dick it's because Kara while she was still cryogenically sleeping or whatever in her pod spent 2 decades or however old Superman absorbing sunlight so she has a lot of energy

Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale has shown they can do it.

But I think to keep things somewhat consistent between the shows they won't go quite that far for Batwoman.
I'll forgive a lot if we get Batwoman, even in a mostly straight up Vancouver.
As long as the headquarters/cave have at least as much effort as the office did aesthetically.
GCPD needs to be a bit janky and old timey designed(20-40's desks, lights and such)
Little bit more work on Arkham's exterior/ establishing shots

Gotham got it so right

I'd be satisfied.

Also for me none of the Batman side characters feel right with the Batmobile so thats a major budget worry out of the way,
Motorcycles always feel right for Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl and Batwoman.
Hopefully she gets something custom compared to Oliver's.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Me too.

Now I really want them to do an episode in the 90's Flash universe in the style of the 90's show. Add some fakey VHS tracking, a non-widescreen aspect ratio, and do a re-shot shot-for-shot intro sequence. Get Tina, the Mayor/Beat Cop, Julio, and Hamill back.

Have Eobard go there and team up with Pollux or some nonsense.
Sounds like a Legends episode. They should definitely do it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
All in all, this crossover wasn't as good as Earth X. The first episode fooled me, but it fell apart with its terrible fucking villain. Dr. Destiny and the Monitor are both idiots and don't really come off as threatening. There were some bits in the middle episode that bugged me, and even the fix was...wtf. Flying at "Mach 7" reverses time? Stop. And how was reversing time going to undo what Dr. Destiny was doing? Too many questions.

It was enjoyable enough for me to still rank it a 7. Barry, Kara, and Ollie work well together. Would give it an 8 but Kara and Clark's interaction was so blatantly them telling fans to shut up because we're never getting a Superman series lol

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
All in all, this crossover wasn't as good as Earth X. The first episode fooled me, but it fell apart with its terrible fucking villain. Dr. Destiny and the Monitor are both idiots and don't really come off as threatening. There were some bits in the middle episode that bugged me, and even the fix was...wtf. Flying at "Mach 7" reverses time? Stop. And how was reversing time going to undo what Dr. Destiny was doing? Too many questions.

It was enjoyable enough for me to still rank it a 7. Barry, Kara, and Ollie work well together. Would give it an 8 but Kara and Clark's interaction was so blatantly them telling fans to shut up because we're never getting a Superman series lol
They weren't reversing time. They were slowing it down. And it is a nod to the old Superman movies, not serious science.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They weren't reversing time. They were slowing it down. And it is a nod to the old Superman movies, not serious science.

I'm aware. Slowing it down to accomplish...what? When time slowed down Superman couldn't move either, and they established Barry and Kara would die doing this, so I don't understand what this was meant to do.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
The plan to slow down time would have made sense if Barry had given Oliver some speed force energy, like he did with Caitlin and Cisco last year. That would enable Oliver to move normallly while time is slowed, allowing him to get the drop on Deegan.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The plan to slow down time would have made sense if Barry had given Oliver some speed force energy, like he did with Caitlin and Cisco last year. That would enable Oliver to move normallly while time is slowed, allowing him to get the drop on Deegan.

Honestly, the whole thing could've been solved with Flashtime. Which Barry mentioned in the trilogy twice, so it's not like the writers forgot it was a thing.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

The entire plan at the end was .. for the lack of a better word .. dumb.

Why go through the hassle of slowing down the entire planet ? Barry was able to run TO and BACK from China within the span of 2~3 seconds it takes for a camera to turn. He could just run, snatch the book, or at least knock the black suit super man down so someone else can pick the book up.

Or. Just use fucking Flash time. Everything basically pauses while Barry remains in real-time.

They created an artificial problem to increase the tension .. and ended it with having everything slowed down but for some reason, Oliver, a non-powered normal human, be able to resume normal speed for his arrow shot.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Even if it's not real science, wouldn't Barry's and Kara's speed cancel each other out since they were going in opppsite directions..?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's not real science, wouldn't Barry's and Kara's speed cancel each other out since they were going in opppsite directions..?

Yup. It was a stupid plan. It was obviously a joke on how stupid the Superman time reversal idea was in the first place, but lampshading a stupid thing just to point out how stupid it was isn't exactly good comedy. There needed to be at least one other layer of metacommentary beyond "yes, we all remember when Superman flew around the planet backwards really fast and reversed time".

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The plan was to slow down time (to slow down the Doc) to give Oliver time to get shit done. But yeah, they should've had a scene where Barry lends him some speed force or something, but you know.. writers..

As for Monitor's plan, he isn't trying to win remember? He's prepping them for what coming.

Honestly, the whole thing could've been solved with Flashtime. Which Barry mentioned in the trilogy twice, so it's not like the writers forgot it was a thing.
Sounds familiar.

Said that immediately when they announced the plan. The wife & I looked at each other like, "uhhh wtf?"

I do LOVE how they keep bumping up Barry's speed with him lapping the planet in less than a second, but they're going to have people slowly walk away from him and escape by the next episode.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Like with past crossovers, the ending just falls off a cliff. But a fun, wacky cliff. Amell was so good throughout these episodes, just having a blast getting dunked on by everyone. Also noticed that Deegan-Superman had a dope collar that Clark should steal.

Random lady yelling, "Bizarro" during that fight is worst than, "I'm you. Only a little more bizarre."

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oliver was the MVP of this crossover. Kara continues to get shafted.