• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oliver was the MVP of this crossover. Kara continues to get shafted.

The downside of having these characters cross over is that they pretty much have to either constantly come up with ways to nerf Kara, or underutilize her so that she's not obliterating everyone by herself.

Though now I want to see a Kara vs. Eobard Thawne fight.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The downside of having these characters cross over is that they pretty much have to either constantly come up with ways to nerf Kara, or underutilize her so that she's not obliterating everyone by herself.

Though now I want to see a Kara vs. Eobard Thawne fight.

I'm not even talking just action-wise, but overall. Even in her own show, her highlight was the speech to Alex, and then handing Superman a book.

And I don't really want to acknowledge that earth rotation thing, that was just dumb.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Like with past crossovers, the ending just falls off a cliff. But a fun, wacky cliff. Amell was so good throughout these episodes, just having a blast getting dunked on by everyone. Also noticed that Deegan-Superman had a dope collar that Clark should steal.

Random lady yelling, "Bizarro" during that fight is worst than, "I'm you. Only a little more bizarre."
How? When she probably meant actual Bizzaro

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Best part of the special was the "Save Me" song introduction to the Smallville farm .

I was disappointed we didn't get more of Batwoman but what was there was great. I hope we get a show featuring her in Gotham. Same thing with Earth 90 Barry Allen. He was so under utilized. I was under the impression we would be seeing more Earth 90 super heroes like the Smallville Green Arrow.

Who was the guy who said the "Worlds will live" line at the end with the mask?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Who was the guy who said the "Worlds will live" line at the end with the mask?
latest

I thought it was Sportsmaster at first. Was disappointed. :(

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you guys think Bruce Wayne went to?

I'm literally shocked we didn't get a Joker reference at Arkham Asylum, and if we did I didn't see it.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure about this one. We saw cells for Penguin, Riddler, Ivy... I guess Mr. Freeze was replaced with his wife?

We saw Harley Quinn on Arrow, as well, and everyone keeps talking about Ferris Air all the time.

Jokey references are different than Papa DC letting them outright use the characters. :(

Batman and Joker are out of the picture because they had a fight at a waterfall and Batman put a weird hold on Joker and they both fell to their presumed death.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about this one. We saw cells for Penguin, Riddler, Ivy... I guess Mr. Freeze was replaced with his wife?
We also had a Quinn cameo but we never saw her again and Deadshot is still dead

Anyway at the least I would be surprised if joker ever appears besides an Easter egg or something

Honestly ivy and riddler probably safe, clayface when they get the budget blahs blahs blahs

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Things are different now than what they were back with that Harley cameo. With Gotham ending soon and Batwoman being set in, you know, Gotham, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Batman's rogues from time to time. Maybe not Joker and Harley, but everyone else should be fair game.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
We saw Harley Quinn on Arrow, as well, and everyone keeps talking about Ferris Air all the time.

Jokey references are different than Papa DC letting them outright use the characters. :(

Batman and Joker are out of the picture because they had a fight at a waterfall and Batman put a weird hold on Joker and they both fell to their presumed death.
I'd shit my pants if Death of the Family and Endgame were apart of the Arrowverse
He disappeared 3 years ago, which is roughly the same time that Ra's died.

I kid of course. But I mean, imagine.
I wouldn't mind this

Gorthaur

Oct 28, 2017
So I don't want to spoil myself, but... do I need to be up-to-date with all shows? I dropper arrow last season and I'm still several episodes behind in supergirl.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I don't want to spoil myself, but... do I need to be up-to-date with all shows? I dropper arrow last season and I'm still several episodes behind in supergirl.

I haven't seen any of Supergirl or Arrow this season and I did fine with the crossover. Surprise - there's more stupid Oliver/Felicity relationship drama.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

I stopped watching Arrow midway through last season and I've never watched Supergirl apart from the previous crossovers, and I understood everything well enough. Most stuff you can pick up on context, or it's just unimportant to the crossover.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So as someone who hasn't watch the shows at all in awhile you can watch it and not feel lost so long as we know that little bit of info?
Pretty much. Ollie and Felicity are having some drama (what else is new?) due to Oliver's decision to just turn himself in without talking to Felicity about it first. Cisco has bandages on his hands cause the big bad in Flash cut them with his magic dagger thing (don't worry, it doesn't really affect anything in the story for this). Annnnnd the President on Kara's Earth mandated that she'd have to reveal her identity if she wanted to continue working for the DEO, to which Kara refused.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
What if Oliver's sacrifice isn't his own life- but one of the two Earths?

The combined Prime Earth is a direct result of Oliver's deal.

Another option? Oliver sacrifices himself, but the Monitor interprets it as sacrificing his true self - he loses his darkness, and has to spend the rest of season 8 learning to be a hero without channeling darkness.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I think crossover was good but nothing too memorable happened. I imagine they wanted to scale back this year and save material for next year's event.

Even as someone who doesn't watch Supergirl, I though Kara didn't get nearly enough time to shine.

The guy playing Superman looks like he always holding back laughter. Guy looked like he couldn't stop grinning.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to happen, but cancel the three shows post-crisis. Replace them with a Justice League show build around Barry, Kara, Batwoman, Laurel, Ralph and J'onn along with a re-born Oliver and maybe Digg-Lantern. Leave Legends and Black Lightning as-is.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
New Rockstars did a crazy good breakdown of all the Easter Eggs and connections from the 3 episodes. This may help some of you that were confused at certain parts.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Not sure if this was posted, but there's a reason Rosenbaum and Welling were on Amell's Instagram, and it obviously wasn't for a cameo-

https://nockingpointwines.com/tastemakers-club/

They're doing a wine club.

So as someone who hasn't watch the shows at all in awhile you can watch it and not feel lost so long as we know that little bit of info?

Only Arrowverse show I watch is Legends, and I enjoyed the crossover quite a bit.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
That was pretty bad. Completely forgettable story and laughable dialogue. The evil twin, alternate character thing is now overdone and weak.

Legends is rocking it, but I think I'm onboard with the idea of cancelling these 3 shows. After this crossover, I have no faith in Crisis being any good. Just move on with different DC shows.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty bad. Completely forgettable story and laughable dialogue. The evil twin, alternate character thing is now overdone and weak.

Legends is rocking it, but I think I'm onboard with the idea of cancelling these 3 shows. After this crossover, I have no faith in Crisis being any good. Just move on with different DC shows.

I mean, after you flatten the Multiverse you can't introduce new versions of Harrison Wells, and what even is Flash at that point?

Oct 25, 2017
It felt especially contrived to me (which I admit is a weird thing to get hung up on considering everything else that happens in this crossover).
I mean in a world where Superman exists(and poorly assembled elements like the Fortress) if someone saw Superman fighting another Superman you'd probably assume its one of Superman's common enemies Bizarro instead of a random alt earth Superman.

Like if Batwoman was fighting Flash's Trickster someone would probably shout "Joker!"

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it and I have to say it was pretty damn lame. I was expecting more from the alter ego switch than a straight body swap. Would have been more fun to see how Barry Allen might have become the Green Arrow and Oliver Queen become the Flash. Nothing Deegan did made sense. They give you this intro where it sounds like he wants to give everyone powers so that they can experience being special and when given the keys to reality he.... switches Barry and Oliver's bodies? What? Why? What is the motivation for anything he's doing? Batwoman doesn't really do anything interesting or give me any reason to care about her show. More lame "The darkness in Oliver!" stuff and some throw away thing where Barry is embracing it for two seconds and might risk becoming dark! Oh no! So fucking corny. Just realized while typing this that the Legends don't show up at all which is why this feels smaller than usual. 90's Flash is there for only two seconds which is lame. Then the whole slowing time down thing because the Earth is slowed?! Come on. I know this stuff plays fast and loose with science and stuff but really? I don't care if it's an homage, it was lame then and it's lame now. The whole thing was lame.

giphy.gif

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it and I have to say it was pretty damn lame. I was expecting more from the alter ego switch than a straight body swap. Would have been more fun to see how Barry Allen might have become the Green Arrow and Oliver Queen become the Flash. Nothing Deegan did made sense. They give you this intro where it sounds like he wants to give everyone powers so that they can experience being special and when given the keys to reality he.... switches Barry and Oliver's bodies? What? Why? What is the motivation for anything he's doing? Batwoman doesn't really do anything interesting or give me any reason to care about her show. More lame "The darkness in Oliver!" stuff and some throw away thing where Barry is embracing it for two seconds and might risk becoming dark! Oh no! So fucking corny. Just realized while typing this that the Legends don't show up at all which is why this feels smaller than usual. 90's Flash is there for only two seconds which is lame. Then the whole slowing time down thing because the Earth is slowed?! Come on. I know this stuff plays fast and loose with science and stuff but really? I don't care if it's an homage, it was lame then and it's lame now. The whole thing was lame.

giphy.gif

They explained that in the episode. He wanted to make himself the Flash, but he sucked at using the book so instead he made Oliver the Flash.