• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
He still let the bad guy walk away without going after him.

No speedster is safe from that.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I'll never forgive them for SOMEBODY SAVEEE MEEEE

I genuinely thought I was going to see Old Man Welling for a second there

fuck off CW :(

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I just thought of something that doesn't honestly bother me at all, but it's sort of amusing.

When 90s Barry shows up, and everyone is like "Wow, Jay!" and Now Barry say "Dad!?" the only reason this happens is because he's played by the same actor. There's absolutely no in-universe reason whatsoever for them to look identical.

Anyway, just a random thought.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just thought of something that doesn't honestly bother me at all, but it's sort of amusing.

When 90s Barry shows up, and everyone is like "Wow, Jay!" and Now Barry say "Dad!?" the only reason this happens is because he's played by the same actor. There's absolutely no in-universe reason whatsoever for them to look identical.

Unless that Earth's Henry Allen's parents decided to name him Barry.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
That's my one gripe with the Multiverse stuff in the Arrowverse... They break their rules too often for the different worlds. Barry Allen should look like Grant Gustin on every Earth. Just like how all the Wells' looks like Tom. I'm ok with them being different ages give or take a few years just due to random events which cause other events to happen sooner or later, but when a character is a completely different actor, that's weird.

Oct 25, 2017

Garrick is actually an Allen in the CW verse,
Jay's mothers name was Garrick which he went with vs Henry Allen.

something like that.
So technically Earth 90's Barry could just have gotten all his father's looks

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Unless that Earth's Henry Allen's parents decided to name him Barry.
There's probably a few answers we could come up with ourselves, for sure. As I said, it's not a plot hole or damaging to the story or anything; it's just not explained.
That's my one gripe with the Multiverse stuff in the Arrowverse... They break their rules too often for the different worlds. Barry Allen should look like Grant Gustin on every Earth. Just like how all the Wells' looks like Tom. I'm ok with them being different ages give or take a few years just due to random events which cause other events to happen sooner or later, but when a character is a completely different actor, that's weird.
Personally, I don't mind there being something like a "90s universe" or whatever. It's fine to me. That one particular instance just stuck out to me. That said, I'll mostly agree with you. They should all look like their original actors unless the universe is seriously divergent in some way.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey gang, this is one of those regularly scheduled yearly 'where does this fit' questions.

Which one's first, second third? Flash > Supergirl > Arrow? I understand Legends isn't part of it.

Gonna binge most of each of the seasons during the holiday, but probably going to skip to this first. Unless that's not advised? Worked out well last year.

Thanks!

If I'm being honest I've got to re-watch a lot of the previous seasons of all of these but yeah.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hey gang, this is one of those regularly scheduled yearly 'where does this fit' questions.

Which one's first, second third? Flash > Supergirl > Arrow? I understand Legends isn't part of it.

Gonna binge most of each of the seasons during the holiday, but probably going to skip to this first. Unless that's not advised? Worked out well last year.

Thanks!

If I'm being honest I've got to re-watch a lot of the previous seasons of all of these but yeah.
The Flash episode is first, then Arrow, then Supergirl. They flipped Flash and Supergirl for the crossover only.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Earth 90 Barry Allen is just Henry or Jay by a different name. It's not hard to understand at all. He's not our Barry, but if he had a son he'd probably look a lot like him.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If you've already got Superman and Flash in Arrowverse, can't they just add Batman and Wonder Woman? They shouldn't do Crisis without the JLA.

I guess I don't expect them to kill Supergirl either.

Oct 25, 2017
If you've already got Superman and Flash in Arrowverse, can't they just add Batman and Wonder Woman? They shouldn't do Crisis without the JLA.

I guess I don't expect them to kill Supergirl either.
No, the problem is WB doesn't like Batman legitimately on tv
Wonder Woman on the other hand is actual rights issues that have to be negotiated around with.
Wonder Woman for example was completely blocked from Batman Beyond, a huge issue for Justice League and even had trouble getting her and WonderGirl in Young Justice.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman on the other hand is actual rights issues that have to be negotiated around with.
Wonder Woman for example was completely blocked from Batman Beyond, a huge issue for Justice League and even had trouble getting her and WonderGirl in Young Justice.

Wow, what a mess. Amazing that it's that complicated. Why does tv cheapen Batman but not any other character?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder Woman seems to be fine when it comes to rights. Both NBC and The CW tried to develop shows for it the last couple of years.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched this. Not as good as last year's crossover but still pretty fun. Loved Batwoman's debut and I hope they start rolling on her full series sooner than later. Arrowverse Superman is still the best and the Oliver/Barry/Kara trio is *chef's kiss*. No idea how they're gonna pull of Crisis but I'm excited

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Teen Wolf alumna Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson(Luke Cage) and Nicole Kang (You) have been cast in lead roles opposite Ruby Rose in Batwoman, the CW's DC drama pilot from Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Tandy will play Sophie Moore. After graduating from military academy, Sophie rose through the ranks to become a high-level private security agent and one of Gotham's staunchest protectors. Despite her bite and regimented outlook, Sophie has a soft side, illuminated by Kate Kane's return.

Johnson will portray Luke Fox. A Dark Knight loyalist and son of Wayne's R&D director Lucius Fox, Luke works to keep Wayne Tower secure in his boss's absence. While Luke considers himself the guardian of all things Batman — specifically his symbol — he also recognizes the city's need for a new hero.

Kang is Mary Hamilton. Excitable, talkative, and an influencer-in-the-making, Mary is Kate Kane's step-sister and polar opposite. But what Mary lacks in a filter, she makes up for with her compassion for Gotham's underserved communities, proving she has more in common with Kate than she thinks.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwom...e-kang-to-star-in-the-cw-pilot-dc-1202541983/

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Teen Wolf alumna Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson(Luke Cage) and Nicole Kang (You) have been cast in lead roles opposite Ruby Rose in Batwoman, the CW's DC drama pilot from Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Tandy will play Sophie Moore. After graduating from military academy, Sophie rose through the ranks to become a high-level private security agent and one of Gotham's staunchest protectors. Despite her bite and regimented outlook, Sophie has a soft side, illuminated by Kate Kane's return.

Johnson will portray Luke Fox. A Dark Knight loyalist and son of Wayne's R&D director Lucius Fox, Luke works to keep Wayne Tower secure in his boss's absence. While Luke considers himself the guardian of all things Batman — specifically his symbol — he also recognizes the city's need for a new hero.

Kang is Mary Hamilton. Excitable, talkative, and an influencer-in-the-making, Mary is Kate Kane's step-sister and polar opposite. But what Mary lacks in a filter, she makes up for with her compassion for Gotham's underserved communities, proving she has more in common with Kate than she thinks.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/batwom...e-kang-to-star-in-the-cw-pilot-dc-1202541983/
In ususal CW style, Batwoman has a full team for.. reasons. *sigh*

Love interest, that starts outside the circle and is brought in eventually: Check.
Tech person to conveniently develop plot needed solutions: Check.
Family member for flashbacks and emotional connection: Check.

Just cast her dad as the wise elder who keeps her focused already.