• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
holy shit, so now they own little nightmares?

edit: or maybe not? the IP seems to belong to bamco.

edit: oh, they made stretchers as well.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THQ nordic strikes again.

"Not lgbtq hating/pedophile , but #1 in marketing for lgbtq haters/pedophiles".

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
:/ Were there any stories of Tarsier struggling? I thought Little Nightmares did well?

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Cool news. Little Nightmares was great. Looking forward to the sequel. Love a bunch of THQ Nordic stuff too. Great match imo.

Oct 26, 2017
THQ nordic strikes again.

"Not lgbtq hating/pedophile , but #1 in marketing for lgbtq haters/pedophiles".

This still bothers me to no end. I've made peace with the two offending people essentially being immune to being fired due to laws over there, I get that. My present issue is the company's complete lack of visible action in making amends. Lars made that speech about working with outside help on making sure they'll be better and all that, fine, but they could do something fast and straight to the point. My long time idea was for them to put their money where their mouth is (and they have a shit ton of it to be buying companies left and right) is to start donating to charities that are pro-LGBTQ/anti-pedophilia/supporting victums of child rape/you name it.

Just something that can actually show that they regret their actions in more than just words you know? Their inaction is deafening.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
This still bothers me to no end. I've made peace with the two offending people essentially being immune to being fired due to laws over there, I get that. My present issue is the company's complete lack of visible action in making amends. Lars made that speech about working with outside help on making sure they'll be better and all that, fine, but they could do something fast and straight to the point. My long time idea was for them to put their money where their mouth is (and they have a shit ton of it to be buying companies left and right) is to start donating to charities that are pro-LGBTQ/anti-pedophilia/supporting victums of child rape/you name it.

Just something that can actually show that they regret their actions in more than just words you know? Their inaction is deafening.
Yep, they've done fuck all. Most likely because they knew for 99% of people it would blow over within a couple of weeks and actually being decent and putting their money where their mouth is would draw more attention than just letting it fade away on its own.

OT: I'm glad Tarsier has gotten the extra stability offered by being acquired as they're excellent devs. It's a shame THQN has so many good IP's and Dev's to their name as I find it really had to support them.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a shame because until THQ Nordic makes amends with the 8chan fiasco, I will have to avoid future Tarsier games :(

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
They are a nice studio that never quite took off I feel. Little Nightmares got kind of a cult following though (like a lesser FNAF) and sold pretty good.
But I wonder what THQN plans to do with them, since they don't actually own any of their IPs (well, except for Metronome I guess). I mean, they are not strangers to working on other IPs so maybe they'll get stuck grinding DLCs and expansions. Hopefully they get to do something original though. Glad they found some stability and I hope THQN treats them well.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Such a weird moment for a buyout since Little Nightmares 2 is announced and The Stretchers just came out...

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Curious that this purchase is being credited to the mothership group instead of one of the affiliates, as in will Tariser be working under Coffee Stain, Deep Silver or THQ Nordic?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if THQN buying the studio is part of the reason why Nintendo threw Stretchers onto the eShop with no fanfare. Maybe they hoped for it to become a longer lasting collaboration and once it became clear Tarsier would get purchased by THQN they lost interest? Dunno, it just still strikes me as weird how Nintendo handled that game. It doesn't appear like the game's selling well either, so it can't really be argued that the shadow drop somehow helped raising awareness for the title.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
If you read the press release, the THQ Nordic publishing studio is not going to manage Tarsier Studios.

"The Studio will remain autonomous within Embracer's wholly owned sub-group Goodbye Kansas Game Invest. Embracer and Goodbye Kansas Game Invest will act as owner, financier and publisher of the new IPs to be developed."

Little Nightmares 2 is still scheduled to be released under Bandai Namco as part of the acquisitional agreement.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Cheese pizza party in exec suite to celebrate.

iu

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's good for their financial stability, which they apparently felt they could use some help with, but that sucks.

Was this ever properly established by an authority on the matter? Just seemed to me like random people raised the possibility of labor laws protecting them, but I don't recall seeing it confirmed.

In any case, I co-sign the gist of this post.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
long ago I always thought they would eventually be bought by Sony with their close relations with Sony during the PS3 and early PS4 era

TearAway PS4 and Littlebigplanet Vita among other things

them and Double Eleven

loved Little Nightmares

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Hm wonder if they'll give them any of their classic ips that they've acquired over the years to work on, and if so which one would fit with them? 🤔

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
They should lay off everyone because two of the employees are idiots?
They weren't just "two employees". They were the CEO/Co-founder, the Twitter account owner, and the PR/Marketing director. The latter two being high ranking employees, one of which owns the company.

It feels like terrible people can start a business and stay protected from punishment, because the effect would trickle down to their lower ranking employees. A disgusting side effect of capitalism that can be leveraged at the worker's expense.

What do you think? Do you feel that it's fair that those three high ranking morons can stay working at thq nordic when any other employee would be fired?

EDIT: I have to clarify that the Twitter account owner was also responsible for promoting that certain site. Thank you Hero of Legend for pointing it out!

Last edited:
They weren't just "two employees". They were the CEO/Co-founder and the PR/Marketing director. High ranking employees, one of which owns the company.

It feels like terrible people can start a business and stay protected from punishment, because the effect would trickle down to their lower ranking employees. A disgusting side effect of capitalism that can be leveraged at the worker's expense.

What do you think? Do you feel that it's fair that those two high ranking morons can stay working at thq nordic when any other employee would be fired?
It's really difficult to fire employees for being stupid over here (which is generally a good thing imo).
Also keep in mind that THQ Nordic (ex-JoWood) which employs those asshats and Embracer Group (ex-THQ Nordic AB) are not and never have been the same entity.

Oct 26, 2017
They weren't just "two employees". They were the CEO/Co-founder and the PR/Marketing director. High ranking employees, one of which owns the company.

What do you think? Do you feel that it's fair that those two high ranking morons can stay working at thq nordic when any other employee would be fired?

Correction, it was the one behind the twitter account (Philipp Brock) and Reinhard Pollice who I think is indeed a high-up and even on the board of directors, but the only thing the co-founder/CEO (Lars Wingefors) did was issue that statement attempting to apologize, which he did, but hasn't shown action to try and mend the situation. His inaction is his only issue, not that he had any direct involvement.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Upon closer inspection of the acquisition, Tarsier Studios being designated as a subsidiary for Goodbye Kansas Game Invest is really weird because the latter company is a financial investor as oppose to a regular games publisher.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
www.resetera.com

THQ Nordic holding an AMA on... 8chan (UP: website linked to multiple mass shootings) READ THREADMARKS

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT 8CHAN IS, READ CHAIRMANCHUCK'S POST IMMEDIATELY BENEATH THIS ONE UPDATE: Confirmed real UPDATE 2: Damage control UPDATE 3: Story is beginning to hit the press...
www.resetera.com

THQ Nordic parent company issues formal apology for the 8Chan AMA

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-04-thq-nordic-parent-company-apologizes-for-8chan-ama

darksider-bob-800x450nfk0f.jpg