• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
"Saber has been on our radar for a very long time because of their deep history of consistently high-quality work. Their ambitious moves towards self-funding projects in recent years have been particularly impressive, especially with World War Z, which sold more than three million units. While Saber will remain a standalone company within Embracer Group, we look forward to collaborating with them to elevate their ability to create and market premier titles.", says Lars Wingefors, Founder and CEO of Embracer Group."

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
They've mostly been a porting or support studio with a few exceptions and smaller titles. I wonder if this will let them develop new games.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Not withstanding the uh, nuances I guess you could say, I'm glad Saber will be in a more financially stable position now. Here's hoping they're not changed too much and can keep up their amazing work.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
How much money do they have? Why do I keep reading news about them buying another studio?

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
So now they will have four divisions, THQ Nordic, Deep Silver, Coffee Stain and Saber Interactive?

I don't understand why everyone is so negative. I doubt it will change anything for Saber Interactive.

They've mostly been a porting or support studio with a few exceptions and smaller titles. I wonder if this will let them develop new games.
They have released their last game (WWZ) last year... Yes, they also do port and support for other publishers, but it doesn't mean they don't developp their own games.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I thought WWZ had no right being as amazing as it was last year so good for them getting a publisher so they can pursue original games instead of licenses/ports. Of course, it is THQ...

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So now they will have four divisions, THQ Nordic, Deep Silver, Coffee Stain and Saber Interactive?

I don't understand why everyone is so negative. I doubt it will change anything for Saber Interactive.

They have released their last game (WWZ) last year... Yes, they also do port and support for other publishers, but it doesn't mean they don't developp their own games.

Five divisions, Amplifier Game Invest was just named as number 4.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Some members of this forum are boycotting THQ Nordiq and anything connected to them ever since the 8chan AMA.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Are embracer actually profiting? They have a large headcount without many big releases and buying studios in a quarterly basis.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Ugh. Saber probably won't port stuff to Switch anymore as a THQ sub, will they? Stuff from other third parties, I mean.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, that absolutely fucking sucks. Their port work is aces. And this right on the heels of their wonderful work on the new Witcher 3 patch for Switch.

But fuck THQ.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect that one of the agents in making corporate consolidation even faster in the games industry would be THQN of all companies.

Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Embracer Group acquires Saber Interactive

Embracer Group, the parent company of THQ Nordic, has acquired Saber Interactive, the company announced. The acquisition includes all of the assets of Saber Interactive and related assets, includin…

So Saber's founders will become Embracer's 2nd largest shareholders.

Boy it'd sure be nice if they'd seize the opportunity to clean up Embracer/THQ Nordic's garbage and make them do something useful like donate to LGBT/child abuse victim support/etc charities and MAYBE somehow get Reinhard Pollice and Philippe Brock to face consiquences to show that the company is actually trying to rise above the shit show they did.

Doubt it sadly. :(

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
fuck, Hoping they let Seber continue what they do normally. Been impressed with their Witcher 3 switch port plus the patch they dropped today.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
THQ:
giphy.gif

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
From outsiders perspective it feels bizarre how aggressively Embracer/THQ Nordic has been with it's acquisitions. Feels like it's common thing to read these kind of news every few months. I'm still little bit bummed out that Wreckfest crew was bought. Sony, Microsoft or pretty much any other mid-large sized publisher would have been more preferred alternative than THQ Nordic.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
huh, saber interactive is way bigger that i thought. nearly 500 people working in 5 locations.

edit: i guess they're no longer gonna be working on switch ports for other companies (vampyr, call of cthulhu, switcher)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Embracer next Acquisition Xbox and Sony

but Seriously they are buying Studios and Ips left and right with no big releases

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Saber has over 440 employees btw

That's a massive acquisition
The press release says Saber has 590 internal developers.

Saber Interactive is an independent developer and publisher of top-quality video games for PC, consoles and mobile platforms, headquartered in Maplewood, New Jerseywithclose to 20 years in the industryand with 590internal developers across its studios in Russia, Spain, Portugal, Belarus, and Sweden.For the period 1 January –31 December 2019, Saber Interactive realised approximately USD 105million of revenues and USD 62million of EBIT.