• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I think you'd still need to battle wild Pokemon, otherwise there wouldn't really be any gating throughout the world.

It probably means you have to aim and throw the pokeballs once they're weakened.

Yes, the mechanic itself in go integrated into a main line game isn't bad at all. Especially if they keep the weakened pokemon mechanic too. Certain techniques would allow you to catch pokemon easier.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you battle them but use the motion on the joycon (or touch screen on portable mode) to throw the poké ball.
Those would be fine as options, but terrible if they were mandatory. How the hell are you supposed to judge how hard you need to swing the joycon so that it doesn't overshoot or undershoot the target?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those would be fine as options, but terrible if they were mandatory. How the hell are you supposed to judge how hard you need to swing the joycon so that it doesn't overshoot or undershoot the target?
Maybe something like a target? Like a arrow to judge distance.

Edit: like a grenade arc on a shooter.
7159-1-1451356255.jpg

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Because she has gotten things wrong before. It's understandable to be sceptical but obviously some people take it too far.

you know there are many factors here, I don't think you can be an insider who gets everything 100% correct, sometimes plan change so you can't blame her.

But she gets almost everything correct, especially the last 2 years, which is an incredible track record only very few have it.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
since GO i have been expecting the throwing mechanic to be brought over to the main games, but even if they bring that... that doesnt mean we wont be fighting >_<
whoever expects wild pokemon battling to be gone is not in touch with reality

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
If the throwing mechanic is worked in to the main games, that could be fun. If true, I fully expect that you can throw with a button press (you can in Go with the Plus too) but JoyCon motion and touchscreen will also work to apply catch rate modifiers. Don't think that's awful at all.

That list also mentions nothing regarding the actual meat of the story other than being a remake, which I can see going either way depending on how far they go with it.

Rewards for linking to Go make me happy, especially if I can transfer between the two and do PokeWalker type stuff.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it is a spinoff, I dont want them to kill traditional pokemon

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Eevee version gets a muuuuccchhh better starter just because you could pick between half the types in the game for an evolution... unless they don't let your starter evolve whether you pick Eevee or Pikachu...
Well it specifically mentions it being a Yellow remake and we all know how that game handled evolving your starter...

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
you know there are many factors here, I don't think you can be an insider who gets everything 100% correct, sometimes plan change so you can't blame her.

But she gets almost everything correct, especially the last 2 years, which is an incredible track record only very few have it.

I'm just salty on mother 3................................

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol game freak finally shaking up the formula, there will be untold casualties for years to come

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Um, I think you misread my post. Everything you just said backs up about what I said made Sun and Moon incredibly accessible. I do think the game can be hampered by way too many Pokemon, just look at X & Y. I just gave up after a bit. Gold & Silver had the best balance with available Pokemon IMO
I would say that GS still feels quite annoying with some pokemon (mainly cave, sea and night) being too present. I was just commenting how the "too many Pokemon" issue is not that much of an issue but rather a problem between being able to have some variety in the created teams in different playthroughs (instead of basically only having one or two viable pokemon of each type) and how the main problem people have with the "too many Pokemon" is remembering them, which the game does for you now.
I also think that part of the issue is with seeing most pokemon time and time again (most of gen 1) while other gens barely appear (gen 4 and 5 pokes).
Edit: you are not really supposed to "Go catch them all" the first time you are in a road, as you get increasingly better catching moves and pokeballs as the gameprogress.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that this and Super Smash Bros had announcements before E3. Because of that, E3 will probably focus less on announcements and more on giving us new information about already known products.

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I am going media blackout on this one until the reveal. I know way too much thanks to Twitter. Hopefully the reveal is soon because it seems that leaks are all over the place.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Doesn't sound that radical, assuming other mechanics are the same. I suspect this could do very very well for Nintendo/TPC.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Still playing Go regularly so rewards for linking Go and Switch Pokèmon accounts seems pretty pretty good to me!

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Fine with me if the throwing mechanic is optional, I just want to use the pro controller without any gyro gimics while my Switch is hooked up to the TV.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
if that list is correct then

It's literally a mainline game, with go throwing mechanic mixed with traditional fighting

and an advanced poke walker

but its "NOT MY POKEMON"

sounds like they added one minor mechanic, nothing huge yet

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised that this and Super Smash Bros had announcements before E3. Because of that, E3 will probably focus less on announcements and more on giving us new information about already known products.

I have to think they will have some surprises/announcements. At least one of them should be big.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama

This seems to be a Nintendo leak pattern. Someone jokes about it on one board, another board rolls with it with mock ups, "insiders" see the other board and report on it, it shows up on the original board.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
"Rewards from Pokemon Go"

Too bad I deleted it about a year ago along with all my progress. So long as the game itself is completely playable without integrating any extra apps I'd hopefully enjoy this. But I'm not going back to Pokemon Go, there was always very little action near my house or office.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want GO's throwing mechanic in a main line Pokémon game. It's stupid and pointless, and, I need to stress, not the reason GO became such a hit to begin with. Game Freak please don't do this.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're switching up the title then I'm choosing to believe in the old rumor of the games being a reboot that changes to an active battle style. Max disappointment.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
"Catching pokemon works like in go" - please don't be true :( This would suck so much playing a little crappy mini-game to catch Pokemon. Also surely wouldn't work when playing docked?

Status
Not open for further replies.