• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
"Rewards from Pokemon Go"

Too bad I deleted it about a year ago along with all my progress. So long as the game itself is completely playable without integrating any extra apps I'd hopefully enjoy this. But I'm not going back to Pokemon Go, there was always very little action near my house or office.
Did you not link it to a Pokémon trainer account? You should just be able to redownload and sign in to get everything back if so.

-edit

Nevermind I somehow missed the entire part about not wanting to go back

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How would GO's throwing mechanic even work in console mode? No touch screen there.
Doesn't have to be the exact same as Go, they could use motion controls to do it.

Now don't get me wrong, not saying I particularly want this but I can totally see them doing it to ''take advantage of the unique features of the Switch'' or something like that.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Did you not link it to a Pokémon trainer account? You should just be able to redownload and sign in to get everything back if so.
Never bothered. Wasn't there an option to link to a Nintendo ID instead of a Trainer account? I remember thinking it would be better linked to my Nintendo ID in case cross-platform rewards were introduced, but it kept failing when I tried to do it. Eventually I just got bored. Some of my best Pokemon names, lost forever...

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The new Pokemon was a Yellow remake and Retro's secret game was a Star Fox racer; after they reveal Smash is an enhanced For Wii-U port, the Switch's momentum will die for good.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not with 15 unannouced switch games in development its not.

Yeah no doubt there will be some surprises but I find it hard to imagine they will top a new Pokemon game and Smash Bros. Prime 4 and a new Animal Crossing have a chance but I'm not so sure we will have a reveal this year for those games.

I'd go nuts if Super Mario Galaxy HD were a thing though.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
are people seriously believing a leak, from 4chan of all place, when the only leak they ever go real was Switch presentation from a guy working on putting the set together.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind innovation and new approaches to the old Pokemon formula, but I hope that the Pokemon Go integration is just a little bonus and not something crucial that will make those of us who don't play it feel robbed

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck, I didn't see the 4Chan leak until now besides just the logo/title. A two version remake of Yellow sounds like my dream Pokémon game after Silver/Gold were remade. I also hope that this optional accessory works like the Pokewalker.

Using Pokémon Go as a gateway to get people playing Pokémon on Switch seems brilliant though. Especially if the link really works both ways as the rumor implies.

The catching mechanic seems like a neat option, but I hope it's just that. I don't imagine that it'll be "required" or that we'll switch from having to weaken Pokémon to just randomly throwing balls at them. It'd be a neat option though given the Switch's touch screen. Kids would certainly enjoying "throwing" the balls themselves.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would the point be of the game? Just trainer battles.

Even if the leak is true, I can't see that part being true.

Maybe they mean the candy evolving/level up part?
Exploring a world with Pokemon would probably be the focus instead of catching/battling.

There were rumors about a year ago that Gamefreak was completely retooling everything to be more like a Digimon World game so this isn't super surprising.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
are people seriously believing a leak, from 4chan of all place, when the only leak they ever go real was Switch presentation from a guy working on putting the set together.
That's not at all the only leak that a post on 4chan has led to.

Even aside from that, this is being given some credibility due to how well it syncs up with what Emily has said about the games.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hold on. Can anyone explain this particular cycle for this leak? Who joked about pokémon let's go?
He seems to be misinterpreting LordKano's prediction of the names as a joke, as a result of the 4chan thread repeatedly mentioning him. I think he's got the wrong end of the stick.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Emily has had some decent leaks in the past but she has been wrong more often than not in recent memory. I think there was that one direct where the only thing she had leaked correctly was the date of the actual direct lmao. So I generally just treat what she says as "informed" speculation.

With all due respect, and I don't say this to brag about myself, but I personally don't see how I get more things wrong than right. I mean, there's literally a thread on this forum that points to the complete opposite, actually.

I've been blogging about Nintendo rumors for 7 years (I know that's hard to believe - before Wii U's launch). I realize that people can't keep up with every single thing I've reported over the years. So maybe the 2-3 things I get wrong (Female Link, Mother 3) tend to stick out in everyone's heads. But when you report rumors for 7 years, you're bound to get a couple things wrong.

You mentioned my most recent reporting.

Switch having a 6.2 inch 720p multi-touch screen (Source)
Switch having 4GB of ram (Source)
Switch having 32GB storage, region free, no camera/microphone, USB 3.0 support, SD Card support, and more. (Source)
NX reveal was in October. (Source)
Paper Mario Wii U? (Source)
Smash Bros game will be announced and released this year. (Source)
Mario Kart 8 will come to Switch with all Wii U DLC included, will have a new Battle Mode, new characters, and will release within first 3 months of Switch's release. (Source)
SNK readying a Switch game for 2018 --> SNK Heroines (Source)
I teased that Dark Souls would be in the Jan 11th Direct. (Source)

Again, I'm not trying to brag about myself. But I just don't understand the narrative that I was this awful reporter for the last 7 years.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Based on everything we've heard about the game for the past year. Complete gameplay revamp inspired by Breath of the Wild, then we heard it would reboot the series, now we're hearing it has Pokemon Go influence.

None of that means turn based battles are gone. That would be daft. If Game Freak do that, then I and many of their core customers would be out.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on everything we've heard about the game for the past year. Complete gameplay revamp inspired by Breath of the Wild, then we heard it would reboot the series, now we're hearing it has Pokemon Go influence.

We have absolutely nothing that points do a complete gameplay revamp besides that fake rumor about it being set in Spain.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Didn't they also have the FFXV plot leak? I wouldn't know but I heard that apparently that happened.
Yeah, a good portion of that ended up being dead on, barring a few little niggles. I remember a 4chan leak about Assassin's Creed Origins as well, down to detailing the existence of the hawk and it's functionality in game months before Ubi officially revealed it.

I get the skepticism, especially considering the site in question, but the last year or so has seen a number of legit leaks from there.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a games writer, formerly professionally for a magazine, now in his spare time, he currently works in games merchandising and memorabilia.

He isn't a leaker type person but is someone who pays attention to all the rumors and often knows exactly where and how those rumors originated
This is not one of those times lol

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect them to at least implement (and improve) the ball-throwing mechanics of Pokemon Go.
It's a small thing but it helps immensely with the tactility of the experience.

OP
OP
NintendoMariah
Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
With all due respect, and I don't say this to brag about myself, but I personally don't see how I get more things wrong than right. I mean, there's literally a thread on this forum that points to the complete opposite, actually.

I've been blogging about Nintendo rumors for 7 years (I know that's hard to believe - since Wii U's launch). I realize that people can't keep up with every single thing I've reported over the years. So maybe the 2-3 things I get wrong (Female Link, Mother 3) tend to stick out in everyone's heads. But when you report rumors for 7 years, you're bound to get a couple things wrong.

You mentioned my most recent reporting.

Switch having a 6.2 inch 720p multi-touch screen (Source)
Switch having 4GB of ram (Source)
Switch having 32GB storage, region free, no camera/microphone, USB 3.0 support, SD Card support, and more. (Source)
NX reveal was in October. (Source)
Paper Mario Wii U? (Source)
Smash Bros game will be announced and released this year. (Source)
Mario Kart 8 will come to Switch with all Wii U DLC included, will have a new Battle Mode, new characters, and will release within first 3 months of Switch's release. (Source)
SNK readying a Switch game for 2018 --> SNK Heroines (Source)
I teased that Dark Souls would be in the Jan 11th Direct. (Source)

Again, I'm not trying to brag about myself. But I just don't understand the narrative that I was this awful reporter for the last 7 years.

Bravo! And if these people followed you for 7 years like some of us have they will realise that it's really been only 2-3 things out of maybe 30 or so, trolling that's all it is

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Based on Emily's comments alone, if there is a lot of influence from Pokemon Go then you can expect some major gameplay overhauls. If you believe the Let's Go rumors than it specificly mentions that it is a remake/reboot with Pokemon GO influenced gameplay.

That supports the idea of Pokemon Go influences yes..it doesn't support the idea that this is going full out Breath of the Wild

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017

4chan occasionally is used for legitimate leaks because of how easy it is to anonymously post things, and has successfully leaked a lot of information for a lot of things. It regularly leaks information on Rainbow Six Siege, it leaked a lot of FFXV stuff, it leaked the Switch presentation, and that's just stuff I can think of in the past two years. You just have to be careful and make sure that information corroborating it actually came out after the leak, since 4chan posts a shitload of fake leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.