• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
There's a shrinking circle over the Pokémon indicating with the colour how easy it is to catch (green = easy <--yellow--orange--> red = very hard), you flick the pokéball with your finger and can give it several effects, like spinning it beforehand, or do a curve-ball that gives you a higher chance. If you let the circle shrink and still manage to "hit" inside it, you get even more bonus points, and Pokémon sometimes move around or do stuff and moves that "cancels" your throw like slapping the ball away.

So I imagine you don't weaken it with a Pokemon in a battle then?

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo let's go. I'm all for trying something new with Pokémon. And I'm sure the changes won't be as drastic as they sound in these leaks. At least wait until you see the game before you decide whether or not you'll buy it.

Anyways, I'm definitely getting Let's Go! Eevee. What about y'all?

Feb 10, 2018
If they expect go players to going hunting with there switchs too, then that will show nintendo dont understand why poke go is such a huge success.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Leaks seem pretty real to me.

This franchise is desperate for a shake-up, so hearing that Game Freak are remedying that issue with these next two games is great news. That said, I wasn't too keen on Pokemon Go. It was cool for two weeks and died off pretty quickly soon afterwards, what with its mediocre gameplay.

Between this and Star Fox, exciting times are ahead for Switch.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
it's the last time I'm teasing or leaking anything in this board

Plot twist: Lord Kano is in reality Marcus Sellars' alt account.

gDAgNWl.gif

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon GO stuff sounds a bit little/late, considering Niantic hasn't been the best at keeping people invested - also not personally a fan of using motion controls to throw pokeballs once the novelty wears off.

If I need to buy another accessory for the Switch, I'mma be disappointed.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
What if you're a Pro Controller user?

Probably some right stick stuff where you can use it to spin the ball beforehand, pull the stick back like it's a slingshot to aim and let go to throw. In any case it's more interesting and engaging than just spamming Y while watching TV and waiting for it to work...

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be clear the new mechanics or rethought things don't matter as much IMO as the fact it's a retread region with presumably no new monsters.

In fact rethinking catching is great, but man no new starters possibly? Ugh.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Because many people play with the Pro Controller, it's not like it's going to require a touch screen or actually "throwing" the ball with complicated motion.

It's almost certainly optional

Pretty sure that if this is legit, it will be like Odyssey where yes you can turn off motion control, but they are clearly better especially when you split the joycons. (and you can still do motion gestures with the Pro controller)

The only thing that i'm not too okay from that leak is the integration with Pokèmon GO app: i used it for not even a week, mostly because it drains the battery of your phone by activating every sensor and using internet, plus most of Huawei phones have issues with gyroscope so it wouldn't work even that well.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, so the first game with HD Graphics is going to be a region I've been to 4 times already, and have seen it's Pokemon in games over and over since X/Y and Sun/Moon pandered to the max. I can't WAIT.

I'm legit done with Gen 1 pandering. It was annoying in X/Y, and obnoxious in S/M, now we're going BACK to kanto for a fifth time, and exploring it AGAIN is just going to be BORING.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
NintendoERA really about to have their second embarrassing meltdown of the week. Let's try to be better guys.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope nothing of this is true. If so, see you in next gen.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
So I imagine you don't weaken it with a Pokemon in a battle then?

Nope, no wild pokémon battles in Pokémon Go (only asymmetric PVP in gyms against other players' mons + some PVE raids against hard to get mons), you just go straight to the capture part but I guess they can mix both for the console release.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll withhold my full judgement until we get more details, but honestly anything that makes "mainline" Pokemon more like Pokemon Go sounds like something I want to stay far away from.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I've been fiending for a formula shake up so I'm willing to hear the whole picture before going into hysterics.

If this is all true, I wonder what the business objective with this game is, save for selling a bunch more Pokémon games and Nintendo systems. Feels like it's could be a test bed for Gen 8?

The business objective will be to synergize Go with the main series. I expected something like this for a long time, there was a reason they never added trading and PVP to Go like they said they would.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited now than before.

Glad to know that they are trying to do some things differently. We have had decades of the same old formula. Time to move on.

Now to wait and see if it looks and runs like shit lol.
How the hell is going back to Kanto again a shake up? After the 3DS games that's the most dull and predictable thing they could do.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon scarlet and Pokemon Cyan integrated into the Nintendo app which has a new interface for Pokemon Go and you can continue playing on your phone when your switch is docked in Pokemon Go+ mode.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I like everything about that 4chan lean except for the catching Pokémon being more like Go thing.

I don't think it's true though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Genuine curiosity: Why do people care what region it is? They all basically look the same aside from the Hawaii one, and I'm sure the geometry of the layouts wouldn't be identical to the original.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I could see battles being he same and then when you choose to throw a pokeball it transfers into first person like in Go.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I reserve my right to
(X) Doubt
until they actually reveal it.

Mostly because this sounds like everything I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.