• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
such a non article, basically pokemon go was popular, ohh some guy wrote about pokemon go and pokemon could learn from each other.

Ohhhh the names will raise eyebrows, ohhh reveal by end of month.... LMAO leaker news is worst news.

Oct 25, 2017
Find it hard to see it being Pokemon Go, is not like "Pokémon X" doesn't have enough pull for itself, and Pokemon Go would create some weird expectations about the game.

I would literally applaud if it was "Pokémon GO X" just for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Pokemon Go Red and Go Blue I bet
Yo I'd be down for this. Granted, there would need to be actual gameplay. Which I suppose would mean I would not be down for that. So, I guess just give me Red/Blue with some nice graphics and I'll be happy. Hell, even a port of FireRed/LeafGreen.
such a non article, basically pokemon go was popular, ohh some guy wrote about pokemon go and pokemon could learn from each other.

Ohhhh the names will raise eyebrows, ohhh reveal by end of month.... LMAO leaker news is worst news.
While it seems you're not giving credence to Emily Rogers' previously correct "leaks," I'm inclined to agree. Unless she's giving us a hint, the answer in the OP sounds like speculation. I mean, how would the core of Pokemon Go even be possible on a wifi-only device?

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
This picture/supposed hint suddenly makes a lot more sense:
DaWvbeUXkAAFgn6.png

I know a lot of people hate on leakers teasing, but if it turns out that he did actually hide a ton of info about the next games through these drawings I'll be decently impressed, watching people comb over and try to decipher his pics has at least brought some entertainment from this wait.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna have to use the smart phone app somehow since switch can't really be online when your moving around in portable mode unless there are WiFi spots everywhere.

Im up for a gameplay shake up for Pokémon hopefully it's drastically different

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Even if this turns out to be a red herring, or if we're all super overthinking this, I think the main takeaway here is that a lot of us, most of us even, have overlooked or have underestimated how the phenomenon that was Pokemon GO might have influenced Game Freak and what they prioritize going into developing this game.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo Switch Year 1

Let's release some award winning groundbreaking titles.

Nintendo Switch Year 2

Let's fuck up the timeline with Pokemon Go Switch and Star Fox Racing

:P

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how can it be decidedly boring when we haven't even seen anything about it? we dont know anything about the presentation, which pokemon are there, how it functions etc
Do I need to specify really? Kanto is really barebones and most cities don't have interesting themes/maps. The Pokémon selection is boring and made up of Pokémon that are present in EVERY game for the last 20 years. We already played through this continent 4 times (RBGY, GSC, FRLG, HGSS) and Kalos was designed as a Kanto 2.0. So yeah, it's too much.

Sure, they can change it. Make new cities, add new Pokémon. But at that point why bother calling it Kanto? Why it has to be Kanto? I just dislike this idea and I think it moves the whole franchise too much into a "Digimon" direction where they focus too much on nostalgia and a few characters over offering new content. Even other generations will suffer in representation if they go more and more into Gen 1 pandering. I also think it's a move too aimed at adults/mature fans and I think the series can lose identity by ignoring its young public - I know you don't like how stories keep getting more serious because of this, I kinda feel the same over Gen 1 Focus. Feels like Pokémon losing the identity to me, as I see the series as the only one of these "fads" franchises that moves forward, yet still have stuff for their older fans.

Of course, this is just my personal rant and you can disagree with everything. Gamefreak usually makes quality content, but I can't get even a bit excited over this concept!

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I agree.

Besides, wasn't a reveal this month pretty much guaranteed? At least a reveal before E3, Pokémon Company likes to do it's own thing for games.

TPC generally does reveals in may, so if a game is this year coming it'll be revealed this month.

It doesn't take an insider to figure that out.

The whole "think about Pokémon Go" thing is just annoying. I guess it's divisive because of all the Kanto rumors?

Maybe they are actually going ahead with the nostalgia factor and making a game centered around the Gen 1 mons.

Maybe Pokémon Go like accessory to catch Pokémon on the go like the pokewalker thing from HG/SS.

Anyway. I'm still skeptic. The vagueness seems to be a foot in the door in case it doesn't pan out.

Not saying Emily doesn't have sources, just that those sources haven't always been right.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Imagine a Pokemon Red and Blue Remake with the possibilities to download Pokemons into the game you caught while playing Pokemon Go. Stats depending on how good the caught pokemon was. You catch a Glumanda ingame and download better base stats from Pokemon Go. ^^

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon World, launches with only Gen 1 regions and Pokémon with later and new regions and Pokémon added as time goes by, here we go.

Edit: wasn't there some reports about Nintendo/Niantic preparing a new Pokémon Go Plus? I am guessing that peripheral would work with Pokémon Switch as well

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if this turns out to be a red herring, or if we're all super overthinking this, I think the main takeaway here is that a lot of us, most of us even, have overlooked or have underestimated how the phenomenon that was Pokemon GO might have influenced Game Freak and what they prioritize going into developing this game.

Pokémon GO still have 65 millions monthly users, it's still one of the biggest games active right now, it'd be a terrible mistake if they didn't took notes from it. It is quite literally the biggest Pokémon game ever made.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
If there's going to be Go connectivity, how is it going to work for players logged in with their Facebook/Google accounts instead of Pokemon ones? One of the first things you see when starting it is a choice between logging in with one of the three.

I can't imagine there would be too many happy players if they had to lose their progress to use the Go/Switch connection just because they used the wrong type of account.

Kirabochips

Oct 29, 2017
They're not touching the battle system, I can't believe that. It wouldn't be divisive, it would be suicidal.

A few months ago, someone posted a thread about Pokémon potentially rebooting its battle system to appeal to new audiences. Alas it would make sense, considering their attempt to renew the progression mechanics in Sun & Moon wasn't a huge success.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While it seems you're not giving credence to Emily Rogers' previously correct "leaks," I'm inclined to agree. Unless she's giving us a hint, the answer in the OP sounds like speculation. I mean, how would the core of Pokemon Go even be possible on a wifi-only device?

I generally find the leak culture in journalism weird usually, sure some are right, but at the same time, games evolve a lot throughout their development just look at stars....

I just think this particular article is for clicks, as honestly other than a vague date, what real leak is there?

16 DAYS, then we will see....

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

She has inside info. She teased before than there was another Pokemon coming to Switch this year that wasn't the Gen 8 one people are expecting. She didn't write that to speculate, she wrote that because she has info.

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
Pokemon Go Switch:

Connect Pokemon Go Switch to Pokemon Go on you're smartphone and play as the trainer in the real world.
Catch Pokemon with augmented reality on your phone and train/evolve them on your switch then fight trainers in real battles in the real world through Pokemon Go Switch and eventually challenge the Elite Four!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Some way of taking better advantage of the Switch's hardware capabilities and it's portable nature for these games could definitely work. Or some kind of HGSS-esque pokewalker type accessory perhaps. I didn't think Pokemon GO was actually all that fun to play so I hope they don't lean on it too much.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo said they would only focus on 2018 games, so unless they intend to release both Pokemon and Metroid, which would be quite something, I don't see it happening. Just my thoughts. Hope I'm completely wrong.
Focus on 2018 always leaves some room for some teases for 2019. But yeah, with that in mind it would seem smart to not expect a Metroid showing. Hoping though!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
There's really not much to this, and certainly nothing surprising. We always knew Nintendo wanted their mobile approach to feed directly into better Nintendo hardware and software sales, so especially given the success of Go... no surprise there's going to be a way the games share data. To what extent remains to be seen, but they're obviously not replacing the battle system with Go's or anything like that =P

As for gen 1 only rumours... Pokemon Go is already at gen 3 with every intent to keep going forwards so don't sweat this theory.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Pokemon Go Switch:

Connect Pokemon Go Switch to Pokemon Go on you're smartphone and play as the trainer in the real world.
Catch Pokemon with augmented reality on your phone and train/evolve them on your switch then fight trainers in real battles in the real world through Pokemon Go Switch and eventually challenge the Elite Four!

LOL. fuck. this sounds so Nintendo, i believe it.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This picture/supposed hint suddenly makes a lot more sense:
DaWvbeUXkAAFgn6.png
If you have to use some kind of mobile app to battle instead of just being able to do it system to system I'm gonna be so fuckin pissed

Can't I just get a mainline Pokemon game on a console? I don't give a shit if it's a reboot or a remake or even a straight port I just want to play a normal Pokemon RPG on my TV

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to specify really? Kanto is really barebones and most cities don't have interesting themes/maps. The Pokémon selection is boring and made up of Pokémon that are present in EVERY game for the last 20 years. We already played through this continent 4 times (RBGY, GSC, FRLG, HGSS) and Kalos was designed as a Kanto 2.0. So yeah, it's too much.

Sure, they can change it. Make new cities, add new Pokémon. But at that point why bother calling it Kanto? Why it has to be Kanto? I just dislike this idea and I think it moves the whole franchise too much into a "Digimon" direction where they focus too much on nostalgia and a few characters over offering new content. Even other generations will suffer in representation if they go more and more into Gen 1 pandering. I also think it's a move too aimed at adults/mature fans and I think the series can lose identity by ignoring its young public - I know you don't like how stories keep getting more serious because of this, I kinda feel the same over Gen 1 Focus. Feels like Pokémon losing the identity to me, as I see the series as the only one of these "fads" franchises that moves forward, yet still have stuff for their older fans.

Of course, this is just my personal rant and you can disagree with everything. Gamefreak usually makes quality content, but I can't get even a bit excited over this concept!

You're calling something we haven't seen "barebones and uninteresting" when it could well be the most interesting map depending on whats done.
If its shown to be really similar to the original games then yeah, you and me and almost everyone are going to be a bit disappointed.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pokémon Goggles. Take your switch on the go by strapping it to your head and entering virtual reality. If you thought Pokémon Go was distracting try playing it with a tablet strapped to your face!

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Pokemon G and Pokemon O.

When you buy both versions you get special connectivity with Pokemon GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.