• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I underestimated Nintendo, I think their strategy for Pokemon is really smart. this year's release will be very nostalgic for a lot of people, and in the same time it will give them the time they need to pepare the new gen game and make it up to the higher standard of a console release.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
5 were to call year one amazing, though.

Bit more then 5, I assume XC2, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and SMO & MK8 were your big 5, but some of the others saw good sales too, and gave some much-needed variety.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
1-2-Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey

Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2 ports & Snipperclips/Plus

plus Y1 had the FE Warriors game (and Y2 has the HW Warriors deluxe thing), but those aren't really first party.

Y1 was very strong for nintendo first party. Guess we'll see how strong Y2 is going to look next month.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Bit more then 5, I assume XC2, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and SMO & MK8 were your big 5, but some of the others saw good sales too, and gave some much-needed variety.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
1-2-Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey

Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2 ports & Snipperclips/Plus

plus Y1 had the FE Warriors game (and Y2 has the HW Warriors deluxe thing), but those aren't really first party.

Y1 was very strong for nintendo first party. Guess we'll see how strong Y2 is going to look next month.
Right, but this year probably has great games beyond the 4 mentioned (FE, Smash, Pokémon, Star Fox) as well. There's Kirby, Mario Tennis, Yoshi (allegedly). And then the third party offering are somewhat better than last year, too, so I think 2018 could have a very competitive offering compared to 2017. Now, the individual quality of all titles in 2018 is up in the air, but in potential it could be close.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If I can get Blastoise on the cover, every Pokémon game until the end of time can be called Blue for all I care.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but this year probably has great games beyond the 4 mentioned (FE, Smash, Pokémon, Star Fox) as well. There's Kirby, Mario Tennis, Yoshi (allegedly). And then the third party offering are somewhat better than last year, too, so I think 2018 could have a very competitive offering compared to 2017. Now, the individual quality of all titles in 2018 is up in the air, but in potential it could be close.

Agreed. :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/em...al-to-be-this-month.42605/page-5#post-7928674

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
But if this one is heavily inspired by Pokemon Go released mid 2016, does that mean they've only been working on it since then?

Oct 30, 2017
But Nintendo hasn't had a single delay since the Switch era started. I think we can hold them to their word.

So Nintendo won't ever have 1 delay for the entire Switch generatuon?

Delays happen all the time and just cause they haven't delayed anything yet didn't mean it won't happen.

I personally think Fire Emblem will get delayed just a gut feeling I have. I reckon they probably targeted Yoshi for early this year but delayed it internally butbe don't know as they haven't gave a date for Yoshi other than 2018.

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So if they're Gen 1 Kanto remakes they'll probably be called Pokémon Fire / Pokémon Water.

We've moved on from colours now since X/Y/Sun/Moon. But they have to have enough nostalgia for the original Red/Blue dynamic. So, Fire/Water.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Nintendo won't ever have 1 delay for the entire Switch generatuon?

Delays happen all the time and just cause they haven't delayed anything yet didn't mean it won't happen.

I personally think Fire Emblem will get delayed just a gut feeling I have. I reckon they probably targeted Yoshi for early this year but delayed it internally butbe don't know as they haven't gave a date for Yoshi other than 2018.
That's why Nintendo gives themselves a vague enough release timeframe so that we won't actually see any internal delays happen. While a delay is possible, I don't see it as likely due to Nintendo doing a great job of setting release date expectations lately.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon G and pokemon O?
Pokemon iPhone and pokemon Android?
Pokemon go and pokemon gogo?

Those three combos seem like the most logical choices.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
A million excellent Pokémon games to be inspired by.

Takes inspiration in Pokémon Go.

I sure hope this isnt true.

Status
Not open for further replies.