• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Smash is basically confirmed to be a new game, stop

That and

1) People aren't going to care what Retro's new game is going to be. If it's good, it's likely going to sell well in line with what Switch games have been doing for their respective franchises. No one apart from the core care what a developer's name is - it will be seen as a Nintendo game.

2) People will absolutely eat up a Yellow remake, if true. The massive audience Pokemon Go initially hooked and the huge Generations sales spike in merchandise, plus the reprint of the base set TCG cards selling so well attest to that.

Neither of those things are going to do anything to the Switch's momentum if they turn out to be on the money.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That supports the idea of Pokemon Go influences yes..it doesn't support the idea that this is going full out Breath of the Wild
I think it does, considering Pokemon Go is very very different from Sun and Moon. All the rumors support a pretty consistent picture.

To be clear, when I mention Breath of the Wild, I mean the new Pokemon game will completely break series conventions. I don't mean I expect a Pokemon game where we're crafting meals and climbing around mountains lol

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't have to be the exact same as Go, they could use motion controls to do it.

Now don't get me wrong, not saying I particularly want this but I can totally see them doing it to ''take advantage of the unique features of the Switch'' or something like that.
That would still suck. GO was a mistake. I had no issues with it existing, but now it's infecting the main games.
Urgh, the GO nonsense killed a lot of my hype for this announcement.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I don't think it means you have to visit other places to catch pokemon. It just means the actual ball throwing mechanic.

Oh man, i think that would be revolutionary.

Obviously it simplifies the process a lot removing part of the challenge but also frustrations, at the same it would help a lot people that is coming from GO and hasn't played a mainline Pokémon game in a while, it makes so much sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, hoping those leaks are fake because that sounds terrible. Pokemon Go's combat wasn't the reason people liked it, they shouldn't redo the only meaty gameplay of Pokemon and replace it with Go's overly Simplistic design.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
it leaked the Switch presentation
Switch was a lucky shot that the guy said he was just a contractor, but is pretty much agree on the side that, at least Nintendo wise, Specially JP, one one with serious leaks of info goes there. any "leak" is usually and intelligent guess made out from other "leaks" thrown around the internet.

Nov 14, 2017
I'd be okay if they overhauled capture mechanics just to get rid of the "waste 50 Dusk Balls on a 1 HP + Sleep + Cave encounter legendary and it still breaks out without a wiggle" nightmare, but the rest of that rumor just doesn't sit right with me.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
At the rate that leaks are pouring in, I wouldn't be surprised if they move up the announcement date.

Deleted member 11986

Oct 27, 2017
"What Pokémon Go and the Pokemon series could learn from each other."

That Pokemon Go should never step into mainline Pokemon.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
That sounds very strange and not like a main series title at all like they were implying. I hope it plays better than it sounds

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think this will henerate so much controversy that they will backtrack and say it is a just spinoff, I dont see the people that enjoy the traditional games being happy with the changes

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
At the rate that leaks are pouring in, I wouldn't be surprised if they move up the announcement date.

Like ... what good would it do if they'd sit it out for another ~14 days now? ... Own up to the leaks i'd say, Bethesda did it good imo.

Or maybe we do need to wait until Walmart CA adds to the shop? ^^

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Being honest, catching Pokemon was never especially fun.

The combats yes but the one of '' Uy, I have debilitated it without wanting '' and others always was annoying.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That would still suck. GO was a mistake. I had no issues with it existing, but now it's infecting the main games.
Urgh, the GO nonsense killed a lot of my hype for this announcement.
Calm down. Let the game actually be revealed before panicking. We are just having some fun right now speculating (well at least I would like to believe we are).

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
The Pokemon Go stuff.

Also personally I hate that it's a Yellow remake.

I would imagine the Go stuff would be optional? I deleted Go from my phone pretty quick, so I'm not even sure what that would entail...

Also, the Yellow "remake" stuff seems pretty vague. I'm sure a remake of such an old game would play and look quite differently, but I'm sure there's other concerns there i do
dont understand.

Nuh uh!

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When is it due to be announced right now? If you can hint at it

Pointless post and you know it. Just trying to cause trouble.

What sounds trash about it?
Why is it pointless? They asked what was objectionable about it, I responded.
What sounds trash? The GO integration sounds awful. The ride system means the world design will be constrained again.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Kanto already gets so much attention without eschewing a new region just for another remake. Having to do a joycon or touch screen gimmick just to throw a Pokéball does not sound "fun".

I'm not a fan of how you catch Pokemon in Go ... but let's wait for the game(s) to be shown. It might be optional, touchscreen doesn't work in the dock after all.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
i love people on here with such clear mind.. I mean look at us already declaring not to get the game when we haven't seen first footage yet :)

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to hear this out. There is a really cool way they can do this, but I don't know if they will get there. Significant integration between Pokemon Go and the Switch game could be huge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.