• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
His most streamed song on Spotify is Lucky You with 220 million

Gods Plan is number one with 660m, 1.5 billion total across all streaming services including Youtube.

No Eminem song is top 10 streaming.

f0NrMSr.png

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...3/nielsen-music-top-album-2018-drake-scorpion
TIL I'm completely out of touch with what the American public likes.

scaryrobots

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Robot things

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The album is OK. It's good in comparison to the terrible Revival. lol

Lucky you was a banger tho.

His discography is so frustrating. I stand by Recovery being awesome and a huge return to form after the dreadful Encore and Relapse. MMLP2 didn't remotely deserve to be called a sequel but it was solid enough. Then Revival was a huge step back. Kamikaze is good overall but is definitely all over the place.

I feel like the guy still has one last great album in him but he bounces around in quality like mad.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy CDs, but I buy vinyl.

Not Eminem vinyl, though.

Why am I in this thread.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His discography is so frustrating. I stand by Recovery being awesome and a huge return to form after the dreadful Encore and Relapse. MMLP2 didn't remotely deserve to be called a sequel but it was solid enough. Then Revival was a huge step back. Kamikaze is good overall but is definitely all over the place.

I feel like the guy still has one last great album in him but he bounces around in quality like mad.
After The Eminem Show, I feel like every album afterwards has ranged from terrible to OK. Out of all the hip hop legends, I think Em has the most inconsistent discography.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yo wtffff, I did not expect Look Alive to be that high. It's crazy how much Drake can elevate tracks that he's on in terms of sales/streams
The video is one of the reasons for "The Shoot" dance becoming popular; Drake defnitely helped put the video on the map but I imagine that's more why it was so popular. Then, in turn, the song itself becomes popular to stream.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
Eminem is just so bland, he is like the Imagine Dragons of rap. Sure it sells a lot, but who cares. It's always the same angry 14 yo rant on top of a bad production.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I knew things had changed, but I didn't realize album sales were down that much. 755,027 is global #1 for the entire year? That's crazy low. I remember when I used to follow this as a college kid, you had a week when Distance and A Best came out on the same day and sold 3.0M and 2.8M just in one week, just in Japan. Times have changed, heh.

scaryrobots

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Robot things
Eminem is just so bland, he is like the Imagine Dragons of rap. Sure it sells a lot, but who cares. It's always the same angry 14 yo rant on top of a bad production.

I mean... everyone seemed to hate his revival album and it wasn't him being an "angry 14 yo". Kamikaze he was angry and people love it (well people outside of era LOL).

Though, any artist going after mumble rappers the way he did this year gets props from me. I can't wait for that shit to just die.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
ERA's Em hatred brings me glee, even when I'm not big on Eminem anymore.

I mean... everyone seemed to hate this revival album and it wasn't him being an "angry 14 yo". Kamikaze he was angry and people love it (well people outside of era LOL).

Though, any artist going after mumble rappers the way he did this year gets props from me. I can't wait for that shit to just die.

Someone's coming to tell you how you a " old man" for not liking mumble rap

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The consumption is the more interesting part.

Album consumption up 16%
Total song consumption up 27%
Streaming up 35%
Song sales down 29%
Album sales down 18%
Digital down 22%
Physical down 15%
CDs down 19%
Vinyls up 12%
Cassettes up 19%

Granted, total CD sales were 6 times vinyl which were 100 times cassettes, but it's amusing to see.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Wow, I knew things had changed, but I didn't realize album sales were down that much. 755,027 is global #1 for the entire year? That's crazy low. I remember when I used to follow this as a college kid, you had a week when Distance and A Best came out on the same day and sold 3.0M and 2.8M just in one week, just in Japan. Times have changed, heh.
It's not global. In 2018, BTS sold over 2 million albums in Korea alone.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
From what I've seen it's seemingly easier to buy vinyl now than CDs. Like the only major retailer that doesn't sell vinyl at all is Walmart.

I don't think I've even seen a CD copy of Kamikaze in a store, not that I really look. Listened to it once on Apple Music and was left with the same reaction I had to Taylor Swift's "Reputation", just meh.

remiri

Nov 1, 2017

Looking back on Revival imo it is just a 19-track album that should have been only 15 or 16. If you cut out the crap that should have been EP-tier its a decent album. For me the crap was

Believe (janky beat)
Bad Husband (just can't stand this song at all)
Tragic Endings (honestly im sick of Skylar Grey and the beat is weak and inspired)
Nowhere Fast (way too much chorus)

I just delete these from my playlist and its suddenly a listenable album. In fact, most of Em's new shit just needed some quality control and have 3-4 songs not make the album, all the way back to Encore (ass like that, really?)

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I enjoyed his latest album.

Maybe it's because i'm old but I don't like a lot of the newer mumble stuff and all the auto-tune.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... everyone seemed to hate his revival album and it wasn't him being an "angry 14 yo". Kamikaze he was angry and people love it (well people outside of era LOL).

Him going after mumble rap made him seem like the old, mad, white guy. As Billboard's Charles Holmes put it, "Eminem tries to stop [his] artistic decline by blaming everyone except himself,". lol

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Well deserved, after some mediocre (for his standard) albums he came out with a banging comeback.

remiri

Nov 1, 2017
Em will always be that "angry white boy" to most of his fanbase, but he built that castle around him. Battle rap was (is) his thing and when he tries to produce beyond that it falls flat, most of the time.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
This is relieving, my buddy who is a teacher told me recently that he was playing Eminem during a study hall and the kids had no idea who he was. Except one that said "oh the guy who is featured in (insert some new artist I forgot) song!" made me lose hope in the youth.