• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Eminem is no goat and never was. If you look at streams or digital album sales, I'm sure he isn't above Drake

He's easily one of the most popular rappers of all time. Period. End of story. If he doesn't appeal to you that's one thing, there is no denying his impact on rap, the music industry, culture, etc... most of his peers and even those before his time would agree. If that doesn't make him ONE OF the GOAT, I don't know what the hell does.
Nobodies "butthurt", just pointing out the realities of "best selling physical album", he sold more albums than me

Sounds like you need to step your game up.

saint

Oct 27, 2017
y'all keep forgetting that album sales include streams, ain't no one selling 750k CDs this ain't the 90s

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
All this shows is that no one buys albums anymore. Less than a million sales for the number album? Do albums even go Platinum anymore?

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Eminem is no goat and never was. If you look at streams or digital album sales, I'm sure he isn't above Drake

Drake just crossed the 50bn stream mark last summer...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markbe...ion-streams-record-company-says/#22b0c51923f9

1,500 stream = 1 album sale, therefore meaning he "sold" 33.33m album-equivalent via streams.

Eminem SSLP, Curtain Calls, and Recovery alone sold > 10m units each. And TES, MMLP and Encore sold > 20m units each. And that doesn't include individual single sales, and I haven't even mentioned 8 Mile OST which sold >5m units.

Drake is "big" now, but that doesn't even compare to how big Eminem has been from the late 1990s through early 2010s.

Last edited:

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Cool,
Kamikaze was solid album, play it every now and then still.
Dont think I was able to get through revival even once straight through without skipping tracks but it had some good songs sprinkled in there.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda hilarious how salty Eminem makes you guys. I'm not a huge Em fan, but there's no denying his legacy as an all time great.

Looking at the hip hop names in the best selling list, Cardi B, Post, Lil Uzi, Migos, Juice will be lucky to have a 20+ year career.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not even a big fan of Eminem (Kamikaze was only ok) but the hate he gets on here is embarrassing. Same people coming into every Eminem topic to say how bad he is.

He clearly is still relevant.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Kamikaze was a very good album. So well deserved.

Eminem is a legend and must be involved in any GOAT conversations. Anybody who claims otherwise do not know anything about Hip Hop.

He is in the Top 10 All Time without question ! Now Top 5, I won't put it there, but that's just me.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
His last few albums have been meh.

Overall he's still a juggernaut.

It's amazing to see him this strong after so many years

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I can't stand his lyrical content ( and how he still says "faggot" ) but he has his loyal fans. That said , your taste is sus asF if you have him near any GOAT list / Rap Mount Rushmore

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalizations
I can totally see the types that still buy physical albums also not minding the use of the word "fa**ot".

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
So many people using streams as a metric for quality yet there are fucking two Post Malone songs on the top streamed music. And he was number 2 behind Drake on Spotify's most streamed artist of 2018. Say what you want about Kamikaze but it was better than anything Post has done. And Kamikaze was pretty weak.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
Gonna be hard to take down Drake idk when this guy is gonna lose momentum, I know Kdot is dropping this year but still.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
Kinda hilarious how salty Eminem makes you guys. I'm not a huge Em fan, but there's no denying his legacy as an all time great.

Looking at the hip hop names in the best selling list, Cardi B, Post, Lil Uzi, Migos, Juice will be lucky to have a 20+ year career.
The 'rappers' listed will have made no meaningful impact on music history. Their whole act is a gimmick. I completely believe the current gen will fade fast and those into mumble rap will look back in horror what they used to consider music. It will not age well at all. Much like how the cringey emo trend died off.

Last edited: