• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is legitimately great. I got really worried when I saw that track list, but the album cover and this song got me hyped.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This song is beautiful. What a way to twist rhymes, flow, facts, emotions, beats, and social commentary all into one thing.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck.
I was worried about the album too, now im looking forward to it after hearing this

Last edited:

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
trying to figure out whether he's worth the click tbh

EqualAbandonedDoe-small.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Like the bars a lot, but Em pulls the weird, choppy flow in that second half. That flow only really works like half of the time at best. Still, powerful single.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I just listened to Josh Thomas (of BitBlock notoriety) during a livestream facetiously complain, to young kids, about how racist it was for Donkey Kong characters to rap because... monkeys, etc... and how that means it's unfair people like JonTron are condemned, etc.

FUCKING OATH does America more than ever need some truth bombs about race and white privilege.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Lyrics, beat and concept are great.

I just have a problem with the flow and delivery. It worked better during the latter half of the track but that first part I didn't rock with a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of solid bars in there, the last few may be my favorites though.

Home of the bravest still, racist spills so this whole nation feels like a plantation field /
in a country that claims it's foundation was based on United States ideals that had its Natives killed /
got you singing the Star Spangled Spiel to a piece of cloth that represents the land of the free that made people slaves to build

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord those last few bars where he just..... destroys the anthem and all the bullshit.

Feelings gonna be caught.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hell yeah those last few bars are insane. Hype for the new album is at crazy levels now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
How come his past, like, 5 albums have been named something like "I'm been fucking up with my albums but THIS one will be the good one, I'm back ya'll!".

Also, this song is terrible.

Oct 27, 2017
How come his past, like, 5 albums have been named something like "I'm been fucking up with my albums but THIS one will be the good one, I'm back ya'll!".

I mean, Encore was titled as a follow up to the wildly successful Eminem Show.

Relapse and Recovery play into the themes of his prescription pill addiction issues and creative struggles.

MMLP 2 is self explanatory.

Revival continues the theme from Relapse and Recovery but it can be interpreted in a number of different ways.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

His last two have been really good.
-Marshall Mathers LP2
-Hell : The Sequel

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. The walk on water song was horrible, but this one is fantastic. Not feeling the beastie boys wannabe shit, but the flow of the rest of the song and message are super on point.

Glad he called out Ninja from die antwoord too. Dude needed a wake up call and Eminem raps circles around that dweeb so rap beef is unlikely.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
It's got great wordplay and a message, but it's not a great song.. I wouldn't listen to it again on purpose..

Sounds like another repeat of MMLP2

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uh oh, some people arent going to like being told black people have it bad compared to white people

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Damn, Em. Doing good deeds with your visibility and resources. Love it and excited to share with my bandmates. Had to restart it a few times to take it in hahaha
Glad he called out Ninja from die antwoord too. Dude needed a wake up call and Eminem raps circles around that dweeb so rap beef is unlikely.
Noticed the call out but don't know the context. Anything in particular I should know?

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the message, hated the delivery, flow, and his changing pitches were off-putting. The beat production was stale. The lyrics were excellent, though.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
The concept of being untouchable because you are a white is a great idea that, in rap music, only Eminem can really say with any real conviction.

Song isn't great though.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but there is something wrong with it. Concept is solid, but the delivery just doesn't work.

It's not good, but it's not bad either.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but there is something wrong with it. Concept is great, but the delivery just doesn't work.
It's a kind of all over the place with the various changes in both music and delivery, doesn't have a cohesive element to it, seems more like a platform for a message than a carefully crafted composition but personally as a white kid in rural NC with hillbilly friends who like Em's newer stuff and lean left but aren't very aware of things going on that are described in this song, I'm interested to see how this will impact them.

Last edited:

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The message is fine in it's self. Eminem literally can't rap anymore though.

He would be better off releasing an album full of acapella's right now. In fact I swear he writes the lyrics and then throws a track over the top. His delivery is garbage. It never fits.