• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
I was listening to some old school Em on the way home yesterday, and I figured I'd talk about what his best & worst features are (and by "features," I'm including songs by him with feature appearances as well as those where he was the feature). I'll start with the best ones, in reverse order:

5. "What's the Difference" - Dr. Dre, Xzibit & Eminem

An unsung hit on a classic album featuring one of Dre's greatest beats. Em serves as a wild card compared to the steady, heavy paces that Dre & X show off on this track.

4. "Don't Approach Me" - Xzibit & Eminem

I actually think Em & X make a good pairing for a rap track, and I'm disappointed we haven't gotten more of it over the years. Em's second verse is specifically impeccable here imo:

And it's a disgrace Hailie can't play with her toys
In the front yard without you drivin' by honkin' your horn
Screamin' some shit, leanin' out your windows, beepin' and shit
Or pullin' up in my drive like I won't leap in your whip
And so these kids tell their friends and relatives where I live
So my address ends up on the Internet again
So then, I do an interview with Spin, tellin' them
That if someone comes to my crib, I'ma shove a gun in their ribs
And reporters blow it out of proportion
Oh, now he's pullin' guns on his fans, just for tryna stand on his porch
And I'm the bad guy, 'cause I don't answer my door, like, "Hey! Hi! You guys wants some autographs? Okay, form a straight line!"

3. "Forgot About Dre" - Dr. Dre & Eminem

This thread would be a farce if I didn't include the song with one of the most memorable hooks of all time.

2. "Til I Collpase" - Eminem & Nate Dogg

This might be a controversial take, but I find The Eminem Show to be Em's best work, as he managed to merge his controversial style with more palatable in-the-pocket flows that feature enough emotion to make it all stick, and this track is the best example of that. Nate's vocals are both smooth & powerful, and match very well with Em's intensity.

1. "Renegade" - Jay-Z & Eminem

A pairing of two of the best to ever do it, and I'm blessed to be in a timeline where this song exists. This song actually is the foundation of a lot of deep rap lore. Firstly, it basically sets up the expectation that Em will outrap anyone he's on a feature with. Secondly, this song serves as one of the jabs Nas throws at Jay in his diss track "Ether." But, it's not like Jay was a slouch on this track; he's very on point here, as he is for basically the entirety of The Blueprint. But Em's flow & production here are so great, it just outshines him & is arguably the best track on the album.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

• "Remember Me" - Eminem, Sticky Fingaz & RBX
  • "EPMD 2" - Nas, EPMD & Eminem (Em's flow is something I can only describe as... illegal.)
  • "Homicide" - Logic & Eminem
  • "The Monster" - Eminem & Rihanna
  • "Business" - Eminem & Dr. Dre
  • "Unaccommodating" - Eminem & Young MA
  • "Forever" - Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
  • "Crack a Bottle" - Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent
  • "Patiently Waiting" - 50 Cent & Eminem
  • "Warrior Part 2" - Lloyd Banks, Eminem, 50 Cent & Nate Dogg
  • "Welcome to D-Block" - Jadakiss, Sheek Louch, Styles P & Eminem
  • "Calm Down" - Busta Rhymes & Eminem (A rare moment where Em is outshined.)
  • "Don't Front" - Eminem & Buckshot (You know what would be cool? An Em album with DJ Premier or 9th Wonder production. This song makes me wish for that.)

And now... for the garbage.

5. "No Favors" - Big Sean & Eminem

Ngl, I'm not the biggest fan of the Punished Eminem arc, also known as the Awfully Hot Coffee Pot era. There's been some highlights, but there's been a ton of duds. This is one of them. And it's a shame, because Sean actually comes pretty solid on this track. Imo, the goal for any Em feature should be for everyone other than Em to not try too hard to match lyrical wits (unless you're Busta) & simply shine in your best way. Sean does that here.

Em, tho? He starts off colder than expected with a pretty hammy "If she was flavor, I won't save her." It's just kinda awkward. And then he says...

"I saw dem eyes like an ass-raper..."

In true "If I just fucked this model, and she just bleached her asshole..." fashion, this bar singlehandedly ruins this track, and makes the rest of the verse unbearable. The trying way too hard to attack Trump stuff doesn't help either. What a waste of a good beat & verse from Sean.

4. "Walk on Water" - Eminem & Beyonce

A sorry-ass track from a sorry-ass album. I liked Em better when he wasn't trying to remind everyone of his past glory & instead chased new ones. The facepalm he makes on the album cover is a perfect representation of this album's quality, and this song might be the worst track on it. Trying to recapture the hype of an unlikely crossover that he had with "Love the Way You Lie" & "The Monster" with Beyonce is an L. Especially on this sappy ass track. And the ending might be the cringiest shit I've ever heard.

'Cause I'm just a man, but as long as I got a mic I'm godlike
So me and you are not alike
Bitch, I wrote "Stan"
... Thank you for reminding me that you wrote "Stan." I'ma delete this album from my memory & listen to that instead.

3. "Smack That" - Akon & Eminem

This might seem like a weird inclusion, but this is one of those tracks from the Post-Encore era where Em was a bit more... aimless in his work, thanks to drug addictions affecting his career. With that said... Em is just really boring here. This feels like a verse that, if you just read the lyrics, wouldn't sound like an Eminem verse at all. Thankfully, Em's contribution can mostly be ignored by the catchiness from the rest of the track.

2. [INSERT ANY SKYLAR GREY FEATURE HERE]

Literally pick one. They're all cringey Call of Duty commercial trash. It's fuckin wack that this feature occurs multiple times across multiple albums, including his most recent one. Anytime I see her name, it's an instant skip.

1. "Touchdown" - TI & Eminem

The worst track on the worst TI album. I... don't know if Em was high when he recorded this verse, but for all the shit he gives himself for the accent he had on Relapse, no one talks about the country bumpkin accent he had on this track. This is also an Eminem beat, and... this shit sounds like something that would come up if you typed in "Jazzy Pha type beat" on YouTube. Again, this is from the Post-Encore era where the opioids he's taking have him half-asleep on most of his tracks. I'm kinda surprised no one talks about how bad this song is. Then again... it's a forgettable track on a mostly forgettable album (Pro tip: Split personality disorders are no laughing matter, and certainly aren't the kind of thing you center an entire album around, TI).

Dishonorable Mentions:

• "Medicine Man" - Dr. Dre, Anderson .Paak, Candice Pillay & Eminem
    ("I'll even make the bitches I rape cum!" - A 43 year-old man, at the time.)
  • "I Need A Doctor" - Dr. Dre, Eminem & Skylar Grey (Cringey af, but no worse than any other Skylar Grey feature tbh.)
  • "Dead Wrong" - The Notorious B.I.G. & Eminem (No one really talks about some of the more sus verses to come from Biggie. It's not "you look so good, I'll suck on your daddy's dick" levels of "nah," but these two are up there.)
  • "All She Wrote" - TI & Eminem (It's better than "Touchdown." I just don't think these two are a good match; their energies are just too different.)

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Renegade is the answer, but also not the answer because it was an Em + Royce song first.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
"I saw them eyes like an ass raper" should be grounds for prison time

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
The Skylar Grey dissing feels like bait. Hard disagree with that point. Walk on Water I'll give you though

OP
OP
haziq

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
The Skylar Grey dissing feels like bait. Hard disagree with that point. Walk on Water I'll give you though
Can't just call any point you disagree with "bait." Almost every feature with her are all "future school shooter who's desperately looking for a reason to do anything but that" anthems. It's trash imo.

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
Can't just call any point you disagree with "bait." Almost every feature with her are all "future school shooter who's desperately looking for a reason to do anything but that" anthems. It's trash imo.

I've seen her perform live with Em on stage and she has way more chemistry with him than any other vocalist I've seen him perform with. And she does a far better job covering Dido's vocals on Stan than she ever did. But if those songs aren't your jam then I can see why you may think that. Personally I think some of his better recent work is with her but that's just me

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No favors is such a terrible feature, love me some I Decided but god damn that track is an insta skip of that album, love the rest.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Eminem did a feature with Beyoncé????? How did I not know this
Cause its actually the first song of Eminems worst album.
Revival_Eminem_Cover.png

An album so bad the rest of his discography after that is seen in a much better light because of it.

OP
OP
haziq

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
Cause its actually the first song of Eminems worst album.
Revival_Eminem_Cover.png

An album so bad the rest of his discography after that is seen in a much better light because of it.
Em was really mad no one liked it, too lmao. Made him put out Kamikaze off the strength of that resentment.

I feel kinda bad for him because he was trying to do something different, something more serious. But the execution is just... outstandingly bad.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
HM:

Dr Dre - The Watcher

Because he wrote it and does the hook uncredited.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I love all the Skyler Grey stuff, I got to meet her once in NY when she was on tour. That stuff gets shoveled all the time for promo stuff. Also she was the one who wrote Love the Way You Lie as well, which is obviously one of the GOATs as well as I Need a Doctor

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Guilty Conscience would make my Top 5 personally.
AAA+ storytelling on that song and the good vs evil theme works so well.

The rest of the list is spot on.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda shocked at no Guilty Conscience.
I had forgotten about that Buckshot song. It's such a strange song, it kinda feels like a remix because I don't feel like it matches with EMs vocals.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
just because I am me, I want to ask: what's your opinion on the The Hills remix with The Weeknd?

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of my personal favorites was the Lean Back remix with Fat Joe, Lil Jon, Mase, & Remy Ma.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely agree that the Eminem show is his best album, for the same reasons.

His feature on 'Don't push me' hasn't been mentioned and is one of my favourites, extra points because it's also one of his beats that doesn't suck.

Edit: also agree on Skylar Grey, all those songs are terrible.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I feel like I'm the only person who remembers there was a second version of "Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams that Em was on.

www.youtube.com

Airplanes, Pt. II (feat. Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore)

Provided to YouTube by Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/AtlanticAirplanes, Pt. II (feat. Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore) · B.o.B · Eminem · Hayley Williams of P...

As far as this list goes, completely agreed on The Eminem Show being his best album.

But honestly, I didn't understand the hate for "Walk On Water" when it released and I still don't. I'm certainly in the minority on that one though.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely agree that the Eminem show is his best album, for the same reasons.

His feature on 'Don't push me' hasn't been mentioned and is one of my favourites, extra points because it's also one of his beats that doesn't suck.

Edit: also agree on Skylar Grey, all those songs are terrible.
totally off topic, but could you please explain the background of your avatar?
I feel like I'm the only person who remembers there was a second version of "Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams that Em was on.

www.youtube.com

Airplanes, Pt. II (feat. Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore)

Provided to YouTube by Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/AtlanticAirplanes, Pt. II (feat. Eminem & Hayley Williams of Paramore) · B.o.B · Eminem · Hayley Williams of P...

As far as this list goes, completely agreed on The Eminem Show being his best album.

But honestly, I didn't understand the hate for "Walk On Water" when it released and I still don't. I'm certainly in the minority on that one though.
I used to listen to Airplanes 2 all the time back in 2010. I barely ever gave the original one a listen, tbh. But I know that that was the version that was always on the radio.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
totally off topic, but could you please explain the background of your avatar?
I dont know where its from originally, I saw someone use it as a reaction image on twitter and thought it was funny. It might be a meme, I've since seen one or two different variations of it, there's another poster here with a similar one.

biting my style :p

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Couple other potential contenders or honorable mentions IMO,
  • Go To Sleep featuring Obie Trice and DMX
  • Kings Never Die featuring Gwen Stefani
  • Nowhere Fast featuring Khelani
  • River featuring Ed Sherran
  • Speedom (WWC2) by Tech N9ne
  • Words Are Weapons by D12

Last edited:

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know where its from originally, I saw someone use it as a reaction image on twitter and thought it was funny. It might be a meme, I've since seen one or two different variations of it, there's another poster here with a similar one.

biting my style :p
oh I see lol. it's the first time I'm seeing it on the site. I wanted to ask because I just weirdly find it cute, haha.

anyway on the topic of the thread, there's also the Chloraseptic remix. it might as well be a prologue to Kamikaze.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
While I get the Skylar Grey slander calling it COD commercial music, Till I Collapse was used fairly heavily in the OG MW2 promotional material wasn't it?

Still a top track though.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to consider Em's own songs since those aren't features, but these haven't been mentioned yet:

Royce Da 5'9 - Caterpillar
Obie Trice - We All Die One Day
Obie Trice - Shit Hits the Fan
Sway & King Tech - The Anthem
DJ Clue - What The Beat

Also Dead Wrong is in the wrong top 5 in the OP...

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'm not going to consider Em's own songs since those aren't features, but these haven't been mentioned yet:

Royce Da 5'9 - Caterpillar
Obie Trice - We All Die One Day
Obie Trice - Shit Hits the Fan
Sway & King Tech - The Anthem
DJ Clue - What The Beat

Also Dead Wrong is in the wrong top 5 in the OP...

yeah what the hell? Dead Wrong remix with Em should be in the top 5 best. also was the first time I heard Em apart from My Name Is and I was blown away.

awful content but his verse is sick

Oct 28, 2017
Em's verse on Dead Wrong was dope but Big has had a NUMBER of lines that well I can't bang with. AND NOT JUST THIS SONG