• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Wild

That's because overturning Obamacare would eliminate several taxes that were imposed to help pay for the law's expansion, including a 0.9% Medicare tax on single Americans who earn more than $200,000 a year or couples who make $250,000, the report said.

A ruling against the health law would also eliminate a 3.8% Medicare surtax on net investment income for high-income filers — $200,000 for single filers and $250,000 for joint filers.

Most of these tax cuts would go to households with incomes over $1 million, who would receive tax cuts averaging about $46,000 apiece, according to the report.

The pharmaceutical industry would also benefit. Obamacare collects an annual fee from pharmaceutical companies that sell branded prescription drugs.

While the nation's wealthiest taxpayers and pharmaceutical companies would benefit, the middle-class and poor would be at a disadvantage. About 25 million Americans may be left uninsured if the law is struck down in its entirety, including those insured through Obamacare's Medicaid expansion.

It's actually nuts how much money is among the wealthiest of the richest citizens.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i keep being reminded that in under a year i'll be aged out of my insurance. bleh
can't afford to even use it anyways

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why not? They obviously worked hard for all that money.

/s just in case

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
"Most of these tax cuts would go to households with incomes over $1 million, who would receive tax cuts averaging about $46,000 apiece, according to the report."

What amounts to not even a blip on a financial radar just to say fuck the poor.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Historical Reference Implying Violence
There is a solution, but I don't know if people have what it takes.

istock-118415991.jpg

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Just amazes me how ape shit they went because of 1% tax increase. They literally started the whole Tea Party thing that lead us down the road to eventually Trump.

Meanwhile average people still dont have enough health care because of the cost.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
There is a solution: Vote for Bernie Sanders, and someday, AOC's 70% wealth tax will make these assholes pay and pay they will.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are being too hard on the ultra rich. If they get to keep that money they can use it to invest in uhhh

jobs and advances in medicine

which uhh

would make healthcare cheaper... or umm better...

please don't think about it and put your faith in the rich

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are being too hard on the ultra rich. If they get to keep that money they can use it to invest in uhhh

jobs and advances in medicine

which uhh

would make healthcare cheaper... or umm better...

please don't think about it and put your faith in the rich

the funny part about that is they actually are investing and creating jobs but in companies like WeWork and Uber rather than advances in science, i.e., bubbles.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
0.001% would actually be the 0.1% of the 1%

thread title is contradictory

lol i couldn't get past this either

But yes, tax the shit out of the super rich obviously.

There is a solution, but I don't know if people have what it takes.

istock-118415991.jpg

Era should probably cool it on this shit... this community is super critical of other communities for suggesting or "joking" about violence and it shouldn't be any different here.