• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow I am going to make an English Breakfast for the delight and education of the ladies and gentlemen assembled on this forum.

It will contain the following:

3 sausage (that's pork sausage)
3 bacon (that's back bacon)
3 slices black pudding (congealed blood)
2 slices toast
a tomato
Beanz (reduced)
2 fried eggs
*a possibility of hash browns if there are potatoes in the house when I get home tonight*

All products will be sourced from local, sustainable farms (except the beanz).

It will be cooked in and on an Aga.

The unveiling of the breakfast will take place, here, sometime around 11am GMT (on Saturday in case that wasn't clear)

Good day.

Last edited:

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Good morning.

This sounds like an excellent plan, and I look forward to the unveiling of said breakfast.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow I am going to make an English Breakfast for the delight and education of the ladies and gentlemen assembled on this forum.

2 slices toast
a tomato
Beanz (reduced)
2 fried eggs
*a possibility of hash browns if there are potatoes in the house when I get home tonight*

All products will be sourced from local, sustainable farms.

The unveiling of the breakfast will take place, here, sometime around 11am GMT (on Saturday in case that wasn't clear)

Good day.

Aside from that being enough for at least two people, I'm drooling already. I can smell the bacon. Also in before the shitstorm from you having beans and no mushrooms - despite you being absolutely correct.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
As a hungry Englishman, I wish you good luck. A full English is a delicious way to start the day.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It all sounds good but there's not soda bread or even tattie bread! How can you have a fry without such crucial components??!!

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I endorse this, but I'd endorse it more heartily if you swapped the toast for fried bread.

Also I love black pudding. Crispy on the outside, crumbly in the middle, peppery as the dickens, with a smear of mustard.

EDIT: Also I miss having an Aga. I grew up in houses that had them, and there's nothing quite like making toast in one of those tennis racquet style things where you burn your hand taking it off, and have to use a knife to pry the toast loose.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
Needs garlic mushrooms, fried bread and hash browns. Also crucial question, what condiments you rolling with?

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fried Bread is not something I'll be doing. I do like fried bread but it's just too much

I endorse this, but I'd endorse it more heartily if you swapped the toast for fried bread.

Also I love black pudding. Crispy on the outside, crumbly in the middle, peppery as the dickens, with a smear of mustard.

EDIT: Also I miss having an Aga. I grew up in houses that had them, and there's nothing quite like making toast in one of those tennis racquet style things where you burn your hand taking it off, and have to use a knife to pry the toast loose.

I will be using the tennis racket thing.

Don't forget a nice cup of coffee. Black, no sugar, and volcano hot.

Thank you.

I WILL have such a coffee

Needs garlic mushrooms, fried bread and hash browns. Also crucial question, what condiments you rolling with?

tobasco and

ketchup

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
id swap 1 each of the stuff you have 3 of for some fruit pudding (suet and raisins), haggis slice and a tattie scone. Scottish breakfast is ever so slightly better than english breakfast.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
HP Sauce with breakfast.

Sounds nice. I would probably have one less of all the meats. I mean 3 sausages is a large mall but itself.

I am partial to including some nice fried tomatoes.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA

2 slices toast
a tomato
Beanz (reduced)
2 fried eggs

All products will be sourced from local, sustainable farms (except the beanz).

Good day.

You need to do this.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds delicious just so long as the beans are in a separate bowl and do not touch any other foodstuffs, especially the egg :-)

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP please also include instructions (especially for the hashbrowns and tomatoes!)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
No portobello mushroom Geoff? Am disappointed.

I grew up in houses that had them, and there's nothing quite like making toast in one of those tennis racquet style things where you burn your hand taking it off, and have to use a knife to pry the toast loose.
I will be using the tennis racket thing.
giphy.gif

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
A local cafe to me called Billies does the most amazing breakfast hashes. Need to visit again soon.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
That sounds phenomenal and I'm incredibly jealous.

I can't remember the last time I had one though.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I'm a California breakfast guy myself...

Weed and Coffee.

Its not an English breakfast without mushrooms from what I've been told by dudes with little belts on their shoes.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Meat is the absolute last thing I want in the morning, I struggle to even eat a bit of toast for a couple of hours after waking up

I just buy some melon from the supermarket after I get to work most days lol

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect to see the pie/pasty and cake stalls.

The usual stalls are

fruit 'n' veg
fish
game
cheese
bread
shitty t-shirts with wolves and bob marley on them
falafel
french soap
home made jewellery stuff
sheepskin products
gluten free cakes (but not actual, normal cakes ffs)

Depends on the whether and what else is going on though