• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone told me the English are nearly as fat as Americans , makes sense

giphy.gif

I am fasting in preparation

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Fried Bread is not something I'll be doing. I do like fried bread but it's just too much
No! The beans and fried tomatoes offset the greasiness of the fried bread, just make sure it's fried in butter not oil. And this needs mushrooms, also cooked in butter. Fuck the call for garlic mushrooms, where do they think this is, the Channel Islands?

I make a full English occasionally but as I live in Australia now it's hard to get hold of black pudding and half decent sausage, they insist on eating beef sausages the heathens. I have to drive an hour and a half to get proper ones made from British pork. Saying that whenever I have a BBQ the Aussies all swarm to the good pork ones, they know deep down what's best.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
As discussed above will probably have coffee. Partly because I have a stove top kettle and the stove will be busy.

I will have tea AT SOME POINT so don't worry
Thinking about it, I don't believe I've ever had a cup of tea with an English breakfast. It's always been black coffee.

Call me a philistine, but I've kind of gone off tea in general over the last few years. There are still occasions where nothing else will quite hit the spot, but I'm probably down to drinking a tea a week at most. And it's usually Earl Grey.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Too heavy for breakfast, nice lunch or dinner tho.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I give you that, you British have amazing breakfast though it's not a legit contender because it's certainly not healthy to eat like this every morning. Still great once in a while.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Good thread upholding the finest of British traditions, I posit that you submit this thread to the Queen.

I deliberately left this out because of possible controversy

I might be drinking tea but It's more likely I will be enjoying a caffé crema.

Actually I take it all back and will be reporting you to the authorities.

Feb 10, 2018
Out of curiosity, what are the plant substitutes on the plate?

It's from Google, but I'm guessing the eggs are tofu scramble, meat free sausages (usually made soya, mushrooms etc)

On the side it looks like falafels on top of houmus which would be odd on a breakfast, I usually just have toast baked beans, fried tomato and fried mushrooms and has towns for my meat free fry up, even that combo is pretty great.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I used to live five minutes away from an Irish bakery that had a full breakfast on a fresh baked roll. Sausage, bacon, white pudding, black pudding, tomato, and two runny fried eggs. I miss that.

Could never get into baked beans, even spending my whole life in the Boston area. Would I be crucified if I were in England and got a full breakfast but asked for no beans?

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to live five minutes away from an Irish bakery that had a full breakfast on a fresh baked roll. Sausage, bacon, white pudding, black pudding, tomato, and two runny fried eggs. I miss that.

Could never get into baked beans, even spending my whole life in the Boston area. Would I be crucified if I were in England and got a full breakfast but asked for no beans?

Nah, you can customise as you see fit.

Arguably beans are not a core item anyway.

The core is toast, sausage, bacon, eggs.

Oct 27, 2017
Visiting England next week, hope to have at least one proper breakfast.

Just bear in mind that quality of venue does not necessarily correlate with quality of full English breakfast. Sometimes the cheapest, grimiest, most scaffolder filled establishment will serve you the finest English breakfast you'll eat and it'll cost £5.

Beware pretension when it comes to the full english.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Please tell me you're using Branston beans.

Make sure you properly cook the egg white around the yolk.

half a tomato, grilled to fuck is lovely.

Also, no fried slice?

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the things I want to go to the UK and try. It just looks so good.

This is one of those things where you can easily make it at home. There is no real secret to cooking an English breakfast that only English(Scottish/Irish/Welsh/Ulster) people are privy to. You just cook it all up and chuck on a plate. I suppose pork sausages and back bacon maybe hard to find in some areas?

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017

I've heard the beans here in the UK are different from what you get in America, some people say ours are not as sweet as yours, so it might be worth trying them at least.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
The variety seems like overkill to me. I personally would just want eggs and maybe one of those other things.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
English breakfast proper always struck me as someone drunk deciding that whatever the fuck was in the pantry at the moment was good enough if they just ate it all at once.