• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
probably solely because of his mediocre political views

He doesn't deserve to get shit for having an opinion though
Nah mate, I hate Woods because of how shit he treats my LGBTQ+ community

James-Woods-tweet-650x782.jpg

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the english KH dub. Can't wait for the english trailer at E3.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Can I get some insight into why you think this?

Because the game is supposedly coming out within a few months. They have absolutely 0 promotion, no advertising, the game isn't even "finished" last Nomura spoke, he said the later worlds haven't even begun work yet, etc.

Just sounds like they'll announce the release date at E3 and start promotion then to gear up for a 2019 release.

Hope I'm wrong because that's yet another year for this game and that's ridiculous but that's what my logic is telling me.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
While this might not be surprising to many of us, it is more confirmation that SE is clearly well into developing the game and we are likely to get it this year.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Because the game is supposedly coming out within a few months. They have absolutely 0 promotion, no advertising, the game isn't even "finished" last Nomura spoke, he said the later worlds haven't even begun work yet, etc.

Just sounds like they'll announce the release date at E3 and start promotion then to gear up for a 2019 release.

Hope I'm wrong because that's yet another year for this game and that's ridiculous but that's what my logic is telling me.
The game is scheduled to come in the last few months of the year. There has been promotion, we got two trailers just last month. It is also clearly in a playable state as well.

The later worlds have had work on them, Nomura just didn't give any completion percentage for them. English voice recording is one of the last stages in the KH games development, while the actual dev team is crushing bugs and polishing the game. They would not have started recording English voices if there hadn't been any work done on the last third of the game.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
The game is scheduled to come in the last few months of the year. There has been promotion, we got two trailers just last month. It is also clearly in a playable state as well.

The later worlds have had work on them, Nomura just didn't give any completion percentage for them. English voice recording is one of the last stages in the KH games development, while the actual dev team is crushing bugs and polishing the game. They would not have started recording English voices if there hadn't been any work done on the last third of the game.

We'll see. Just don't be surprised if it gets delayed. I think that's par for the course with anything related to him regardless.

I think Frozen will probably be shown at E3 unless they really do have Star Wars, then that's an E3 one to show.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see. Just don't be surprised if it gets delayed. I think that's par for the course with anything related to him regardless.
I won't be surprised, but a game of this magnitude from Disney and Square Enix should not be able to afford a delay.

To me, the game looks great as is. Game development can have issues pop up at any time, but I can hardly see any issues with it from what we've been shown that would warrant a delay.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I won't be surprised, but a game of this magnitude from Disney and Square Enix should not be able to afford a delay.

To me, the game looks great as is. Game development can have issues pop up at any time, but I can hardly see any issues with it from what we've been shown that would warrant a delay.

Agreed. Hope it makes it this year. It's about damn time.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what to expect from Sora. HJO's a great film actor, but his voice performances have been spotty. I remembered him slipping in the games after KH2, but I'm playing through Final Mix 2 right now, and he's even spotty there. Half the time he sounds good (especially his battle lines, thank goodness), but the other half, he's just overly-inflected/stilted and doesn't really emote that well. It's like an anime version of an English-as-a-second-language learning CD.

Excellent! A bit bummed we're not getting Billy Zane again, but he was only Ansem in the first game so it's not a big deal. Richard Epcar has been a decent replacement.
Nothing's going to be able to replace Zane for me, but Epcar's been getting better at the role with each game. He wasn't great in KH2, but he's genuinely good now.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really good news that voice recording is still ongoing (maybe even just starting) for a game that's supposed to be out this year? How long does it usually take to record a big RPG script?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really good news that voice recording is still ongoing (maybe even just starting) for a game that's supposed to be out this year? How long does it usually take to record a big RPG script?
The game is launching 4-8 months from now. I think that's enough time to finish recording and implement the English translations and voice work.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm hearing that voice work started around Mid-February. I see them having plenty of time to get this done in time for Sep-Dec

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017

For a dubbed game where Japanese VO is already done and the script is finalized VO recording should only really take 2-3 months tops. VO recording is only really a long process if it's done at the same time as development. In a dubbed game it's one of the last things done and then you get lots of time to edit and go over everything.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
The game is launching 4-8 months from now. I think that's enough time to finish recording and implement the English translations and voice work.
I'm hearing that voice work started around Mid-February. I see them having plenty of time to get this done in time for Sep-Dec
For a dubbed game where Japanese VO is already done and the script is finalized VO recording should only really take 2-3 months tops. VO recording is only really a long process if it's done at the same time as development. In a dubbed game it's one of the last things done and then you get lots of time to edit and go over everything.
Ah, okay. Somehow I thought it started earlier in the process and took longer. In that case, this really is a positive sign that the script at least is finished and finalized.