• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...arantino-interview-1160699?utm_source=twitter

Playboy Germany Admits It Misquoted Ennio Morricone in Interview

"Up to now, we have considered the freelancer who conducted the Ennio Morricone interview on our behalf to be a renowned print and radio journalist," Boitin said in a statement. "In the past, we have had no reason to doubt his journalistic integrity and skills. Based on the information now at our disposal, we must unfortunately assume that the words spoken in the interview have, in part, been reproduced incorrectly. We would like to express our regret should Mr. Morricone have been portrayed in a false light. We are working to clarify this matter and are exploring legal measures."

Original post:

Looks like he won't be doing the music for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. He did an interview with the German Playboy and torched Tarantino:

DrmIQ9JXQAIPk5a.jpg

Plot Twist:

Morricone says the interview never happened:
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...-threatens-to-sue-playboy-germany-1203025669/

"This is totally false," the 90 year-old composer said in a statement released Sunday. "I have not given an interview to Playboy Germany and even more, I have never called Tarantino a cretin and certainly do not consider his films garbage. I have given a mandate to my lawyer in Italy to take civil and penal action."

Last edited:

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like someone is bitter about business and is trying to make it personal.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's just doing the typical "he's not original!!" thing that's been said hundreds of times at this point

boring

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tarantino am cry.

Seriously. Must suck to have one of your heroes rail on you like that.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
'He just steals from others and puts it together'

Does he not recall working on Fistful of Dollars, a literal shot-for-shot copy of Yojimbo

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that's a one-sided relationship.........

I would imagine 90% of people under 40 only know of Morricone because of Tarantino's love letters to him in film homage and interviews.

I don't think this looks good for Morricone. People like Tarantino's films. By all means don't do work for the man but then trashing him in public... eh...

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
coming from someone who worked with Leone for so long, his comments about originality and theft are pretty damning. Morricone has seen homage

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Reminder of how Tarantino forced Uma Thurman to do her own driving stunts, which resulted in a wreck... and then he refused to turn over the footage to her for years.

Stop stanning for this person just because you like his films. He could have killed her. He's garbage.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like, out of everything possible reason to call Tarantino a cretin, he goes from that direction....

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'd heard previously that their working relationship was pretty bad so I can't say I'm surprised by Morricone's view of him.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder of how Tarantino forced Uma Thurman to do her own driving stunts, which resulted in a wreck... and then he refused to turn over the footage to her for years.

Stop stanning for this person just because you like his films. He could have killed her. He's garbage.

You gonna post what both she said and he said about this? Or does that not fit your narrative?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hes not the first or last to say so, and he's not exactly wrong.

But that dialog? That scene work? No one can take it from him. That's QT's genius.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
'He just steals from others and puts it together'

Does he not recall working on Fistful of Dollars, a literal shot-for-shot copy of Yojimbo

LOL I know. My exact first thought.

Literally nothing is original in film/TV when you get down to the deepest possible analysis. You'd have to really really go back, and even then loads of it would be taken from other inspirations and sources.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
Burt Reynolds said the same thing about PT Anderson. I thinks it's more these directors have huge egos when they're just emulating older filmmakers.

Anderson is better than Tarantino btw

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. This sounds like a weak rant from a rando on ERA or something.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Burt Reynolds said the same thing about PT Anderson. I thinks it's more these directors have huge egos when they're just emulating older filmmakers.

Anderson is better than Tarantino btw
BTW off topic, but it is hilarious that both Burt Reynolds and Mark Wahlberg have talked mad shit about Boogie Nights, when it was actually their best performances and the best movie they've ever been in.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Morricone just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Hollywood culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in the rest of the country where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Hollywood, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Hollywood big wigs, after hearing about this, is not going to want to work with Morricone, nor will they promote any of his work. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Morricone has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ennio, publicly apologize and work on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood for free or you can kiss your business goodbye.