• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh damn, that's super impressive. switch is really good at selling indie games.
congrats to the team.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Have they said anything about the final update? It should've released by now

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
IT PRINTS MONEY... FOR EVERYONE!

tenor.gif

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Deserved. Is it available on xbo and PS4? 1m combined seems low if you add pc. Vaguely recall it being over 600k on PC alone back when steamspy was accurate. Quite some time ago.

Steamspy now estimates between 1 and 2m on PC...

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Deserved. Is it available on xbo and PS4? 1m combined seems low if you add pc. Vaguely recall it being over 600k on PC alone back when steamspy was accurate. Quite some time ago.

Steamspy now estimates between 1 and 2m on PC...
I have it on PS4. Maybe I'm the only one in the world.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It's a really fun game, though I suck pretty hard at it. Never got beyond the third floor.
I hate the frame drops in the Switch version though, I hope they'lll ever fix it.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is amazing, it has prevented me from finishing dozens of other games just because I keep coming back to it.

250 hours in and I still do a run several times a week, even after beating everything 100%. Certainly one of the best indie games ever made. I started off being so bad and the journey to total completion has been of the most challenging and enjoyable adventures I have ever had.

Have they said anything about the final update? It should've released by now

Dave Crooks (director / designer of ETG) was on a podcast a couple weeks ago and said it'll be out in two months. That'd be maybe 6 weeks or so from now? Long story short it's content complete they are just scanning for bugs now - he said AG&D launch was too buggy and they don't want to repeat that. Sounds like the last patch will be a few secrets and new guns, bundled with some balance tweaks and general big fixes.

Oct 25, 2017
50% of sales on switch is pretty impressive.
Still surprising to see all these success stories about indie games doing so well on switch. Felt like it would've stopped earlier but it keeps going

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The game is amazing, it has prevented me from finishing dozens of other games just because I keep coming back to it.

250 hours in and I still do a run several times a week, even after beating everything 100%. Certainly one of the best indie games ever made. I started off being so bad and the journey to total completion has been of the most challenging and enjoyable adventures I have ever had.

Dave Crooks (director / designer of ETG) was on a podcast a couple weeks ago and said it'll be out in two months. That'd be maybe 6 weeks or so from now? Long story short it's content complete they are just scanning for bugs now - he said AG&D launch was too buggy and they don't want to repeat that. Sounds like the last patch will be a few secrets and new guns, bundled with some balance tweaks and general big fixes.
Thanks, since they said it'd be on certification at the end of 2018 I was worrying about it being cancelled.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty good. Gungeon came out in mid-December 2017 and wasn't even among the 26 best-selling eShop games in NA last year.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
2 million across all platforms? Last I saw the game was like a 70/30 split for PC and PS4 when it it 1 million.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's really cool.
Makes me wonder how many indies have hit 1m on Switch?

I think just Stardew Valley and now Enter the Gungeon are confirmed as million sellers, but I have to wonder how much the Overcooked games has sold.. they are constantly high in the charts. Other potential could be SWD2 and Sonic Mania.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I dig this game well enough. I'd say it is well deserved, bought it on PS4/Switch and had a good time.

Oct 25, 2017
Switch is probably their most profitable platform now because the game has been discounted a lot on PC stores (Steam), so many of their PC sales will be on a discount.

That thing really sells indies.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pachter was right....those 10 dollar games are hurting Nintendo's bottom line.

Nah honestly.....great result - I knew it performed well on Switch early on...but 1m is quite massive.

I can see why MS wants to bring stuff like Ori or Cuphead to Switch.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's incredible impressive. That bodes well for quite a few other switch indies that regularly top the charts. There must be a dozen+ that are close to a million or more

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That's really cool.

I think just Stardew Valley and now Enter the Gungeon are confirmed as million sellers, but I have to wonder how much the Overcooked games has sold.. they are constantly high in the charts. Other potential could be SWD2 and Sonic Mania.
I agree with those and I think Shovel Knight, Celeste, Rocket League, Hollow Knight and Human FF are all strong possibilities too. Dead Cells and Undertale will get there too I bet if they're not already. There's probably a lot more too really.

Also Snipperclips, if we count "big pubs" like Sonic Mania.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Never even heard of this game and it's a million seller
Switch is wilding

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I agree with those and I think Shovel Knight, Celeste, Rocket League, Hollow Knight and Human FF are all strong possibilities too. Dead Cells and Undertale will get there too I bet if they're not already. There's probably a lot more too really.

Also Snipperclips, if we count "big pubs" like Sonic Mania.

Ah some good picks there, most of those are very likely to hit if not already. I don think Shovel Knight is getting there anytime soon though. When the game hit 2M sales last year it had something like 17% of all sales on Switch I believe so it still has some ways to go.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah some good picks there, most of those are very likely to hit if not already. I don think Shovel Knight is getting there anytime soon though. When the game hit 2M sales last year it had something like 17% of all sales on Switch I believe so it still has some ways to go.
The thing that hurts shovel knight is that its already on WiiU and I believe 3DS

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus 1 million on Switch?

We often don't get indies total numbers just a lot of pie charts.
This is really great and gives us a relative ranking on how some of the top sellers are landing

Gungeon hasn't even charted for a little while.

Oct 25, 2017
ouch
seems like this late into the generation people have pretty much stopped buying indie games on ps4/xbo
There's a high risk that they'll make it to PS+ / Live Gold. That's why I won't buy indie games on PS4.

On Xbox you also have Game Pass to discourage you even more from buying anything other than big AAA productions.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great game, deserves it, I have it on PS4. My niece has a switch (just bought her undertale actually) and now I really want one literally for indies. It's the perfect machine for those types of games and I say that as someone who has never been a handheld gamer. And I buy a lot of indies so if I had a switch I would be contributing to those numbers.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It's sadly one of those games I bought and then never got into.

Seems fun, but tough right off the bat which means I've only gotten about 15-20mins in for each run.

Someday I'll give it a more serious effort and try to "get gud" at it.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Gungeon deserves it! Amazingly fun game. Just wish I were better at it. I've finished every other roguelite I've got on Switch (Isaac, 20XX, Dead Cells) but this one is the most demanding by far.