• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Great news, fantastic game! Much deserved success for it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed it was pretty high up on the Switch eShop charts when I checked but holy cow that's nuts.

Indies ought to be taking note of this stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit thats great news! This is one of the best roguelike / twinstick shooters around. Even though I bought it on PS4 day 1 the temptation to double dip on Switch is very real.

Switch owners showing they have great taste.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
8594a08debfdee15dc49a0837b84ebc3.jpg

Only played a tiny bit of it so far (co-op), but it was super fun. I look forward to playing more, but I am glad that it''s doing well

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, if we couldn't do so before, I think we can safely just say the Switch is a very healthy platform with a crapload of engaged, active users. The "starved for games" angle really, REALLY no longer works.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been an indie release on Switch that didn't have ungodly expectations and didn't at least satisfy?

I can't think of a single story of a developer being disappointed in their sales that wasn't self inflicted

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League, Minecraft and Overcooked must have literally sold hundreds of thousands of copies on the eShop. They've up in the top sports worldwide for ages.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Do we know what the Switch's attach rate is? I have to imagine that it's pretty damn high.

Congrats to the team!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been an indie release on Switch that didn't have ungodly expectations and didn't at least satisfy?

I can't think of a single story of a developer being disappointed in their sales that wasn't self inflicted

Well, there have been a lot of developers that haven't stated anything at all but almost every developer I recall speaking out about their sales have said they were all above expectations.

Rocket League, Minecraft and Overcooked must have literally sold hundreds of thousands of copies on the eShop. They've up in the top sports worldwide for ages.

Don't forget Sonic Mania. Sonic, Minecraft, and Overcooked I don't think have left the top 15 best sellers in the NA eShop since they've released and I can't imagine Rocket League dropping for a long time either.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, this hasn't even passed rocket league in any major areas right?
That's probably done at least 100k in these same two weeks.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Well done! I haven't played it yet but I did buy it. Still hopelessly addicted to Skyrim...

Team Cherry needs to hurry up with Hollow Knight, that game is gonna do gangbusters too.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feeling Hollow Knight will do very well on the platform. Hopefully it's not too far off.

"We don't know what the developers expectations were!"

"Just because expectations were surpassed, it doesn't mean it's a success!"

How could you forget "Switch owners are starving for games because there are no games."?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I'll get all three.

Such is the way of the Switch.
Well, there have been a lot of developers that haven't stated anything at all but almost every developer I recall speaking out about their sales have said they were all above expectations.

Don't forget Sonic Mania. Sonic, Minecraft, and Overcooked I don't think have left the top 15 best sellers in the NA eShop since they've released and I can't imagine Rocket League dropping for a long time either.

yeah, this hasn't even passed rocket league in any major areas right?
That's probably done at least 100k in these same two weeks.

Oh yeah Sonic Mania has been hanging in there as well. It's too bad Nintendo doesn't report digital sales, we'll have to look for their revenue.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Put a few hours into it earlier this week, its a really great buy for the price ( especially glad they didnt add on a massive switch tax), can't wait till crypt of the necrodancer and darkest dungeon hit the switch too.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a tasty treat on PC but it seems so well suited for Switch I'm going to have to double dip. It's been too long since I've played it anyways.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Had it on PC on release, and it's great on switch. I missed out on the big update though so it feels as fresh as ever.

Oct 25, 2017
They have, but overall they got the most staying power with or without being on the chart. Same with Stardew Valley.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Nintendo lifted the restriction on providing direct sales numbers? Previously developers were able to do the "5 times as many on Steam" thing and people could work it out due to SteamSpy. Now we're just getting direct sales numbers.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
If indies see this and start developing now, by the time their game came out would something like this still be possible on Switch. I'm still doubtful about how Nintendo is going to handle the eshop when it gets flooded with games. Valve certainly hasn't done the best job. Sony's done an okayish job. I don't have a current gen MS console so can't comment on that.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does this play on the Switch? I've been interested in it, but unsure. I really loved Nuclear Throne and played that with a mouse and keyboard. Similar?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
While 75k is a very good number, shouldn't the 6th best selling game on the platform sell more than 30k a week?

Edit: sorry, my bad. I read as 6th in global chart, not Dutch.
that's one area. And things change as the months change

But to your point, no

30k a week for a game would be 1.5 million a year digitally.