• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Currently, searching Xbox 360 Marketplace on https://support.xbox.com/ brings a result with a notice that the marketplace will be closing in May.

ibAuwwU.jpg

So much for supporting their legacy. Considering not every game is available through Backwards Compatibility, and a large portion of them are only purchasable through the Xbox 360 store, this is unacceptable.

Don't make legacy part of your marketing if you don't plan on supporting it IMO.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What if I decide to buy Kameo digitally in june, what the fuck man

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Ah, OP, you have a Rock Band mic avatar... and RB/GH/DJH would be the only content I'd care about getting. :(

Unfortunately, GH and DJH are long forgotten... and I think I have everything from RB outside of delists. Always wished I had gotten at least Metallica for RB, and the Lego Rock Band exports.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
please PLEASE be a lie

games would still stay at the new store right? at least some of them

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This is the last thing Microsoft should be doing right now.
I don't think MS should close the Xbox 360 Marketplace, but really? This is the last thing? lol

What if I decide to buy Kameo digitally in june, what the fuck man
You can still buy Kameo via the Xbox/Microsoft Store. This is just the Xbox 360 Marketplace (marketplace.xbox.com or the store on the 360 itself) afaik. And there's Rare Replay.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Damn. I thought they'd be the last to shut down. Isn't PSN on PS3 still technically up?

OP
OP
Storm

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, OP, you have a Rock Band mic avatar... and RB/GH/DJH would be the only content I'd care about getting. :(

Unfortunately, GH and DJH are long forgotten... and I think I have everything from RB outside of delists. Always wished I had gotten at least Metallica for RB, and the Lego Rock Band exports.

I still play a large portion of other 360 games (last purchase I made was last week even), but luckily I have all the Rock Band content, and it should stick around through RB4.

I don't have all the Rocksmith content though and it's a noticably worse experience on the later MS consoles

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the PS3 online store will last longer than the Xbox 360 online store.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
please PLEASE be a lie

games would still stay at the new store right? at least some of them

Anything purchasable on the Xbox One/Series store will stay, yes. So you can buy Blue Dragon on the Xbox One, but not on the 360.

The stuff at risk is anything that didn't get backwards compatibility added in.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they close the store over the course of a year and not all at once?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean purchases would in theory be impossible, but downloading old purchases would still be possible? Just trying to figure out if I gotta get to downloading my old games while I can.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
And here I was gonna ask earlier if they ever fixed it where you need a credit card linked to your account to claim GwG games....

Guess thats a moot point now?

OP
OP
Storm

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing.

BC games that are sold on the new store are fine right?

They've said from the February 7th delistings that this is the case, but that's such a small percentage of Xbox 360 content, not even all the BC content is purchasable through the new store, including items such as every Valve game, GTA IV DLC and a bunch of SEGA remasters like Jet Set Radio and Daytona USA

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any master list of games that are b/c for series s/x but only available on this store?

www.resetera.com

BC Xbox 360/OG Xbox games that are still listed but can only be bought on the online Marketplace or on a Xbox 360.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood** Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag* Assassin's Creed Liberation HD** Blood of the Werewolf Castle Crashers* Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare* Counter Strike: GO Dark Souls* Darksiders II* Daytona USA Defense Grid: The Awakening Final Fight: Double Impact Iron Brigade...

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
This inspires confidence in the always-online Redfall I guess.

Hopefully the bulk of stuff people care about persists on the Xbox one/Series marketplace via BC, which is more than the other platforms I guess, but this sort of shit always sucks.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I saw them shutting it down in 2025 to give the 360 a 20 year run. I expect with the backlash this will bring it probably will end up being 2025 anyway.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Does this mean purchases would in theory be impossible, but downloading old purchases would still be possible? Just trying to figure out if I gotta get to downloading my old games while I can.
Seems downloads would be safe. But if you've ever tried to download old stuff on Xbox 360, you know how much of a pain it can be without the store.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing.

BC games that are sold on the new store are fine right?

This is confusing. X360 store, but can I still buy the games through Xbox Series?

Some games were never made available on the new store so those will be permanently delisted. Here's the previous thread with the games

www.resetera.com

Xbox to remove titles from the Xbox 360 Marketplace (Numerous titles will no longer be purchasable, List in OP) [Some will remain via X1 & XS]

People are getting this in their e-mail. Is this a mistake or something? Seems weird given that BD and LO are first party exclusives? ---------------- Update: List of Titles to be removed forever (Not able to buy on XB1 Store) This is the list I have. * indicates there's NO version or...

Oct 27, 2017
Considering not every game is available through Backwards Compatibility, and a large portion of them are only purchasable through the Xbox 360 store, this is unacceptable.
If we would lose Backwards Compatible games that would be sad (someone should make a list). But shutting down a store for a nearly 20 year old console? It's not the end of the world.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Seems downloads would be safe. But if you've ever tried to download old stuff on Xbox 360, you know how much of a pain it can be without the store.
Yup, did it last year when I was restoring Outrun 2 and Afterburner to my new 360... glad that downloads should be safe. But I might look over my purchase list again and download anything else Im attached to just in case.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this fucking sucks. You're fucking Microsoft, do better. Guess I better check if there's any DLC I have to buy for the games I have.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Wtf and if it is going to happening in May why hasn't there been an official announcement?

I expect an official announcement now that you have spotted this but were they only going to give an even shorter notice period.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Guess I better stop screwing around with all the rock band dlc I've been meaning to buy