• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
profile.png
profile.png

Also from this pic , Some people wondered whether EGS will have Platinum trophies or not , it wasn't clear in the achievements sample pictures before , but now we have a near confirmation for Platinum trophies in its achievement System looking at the Red Dead Redemption one and its blueish trophy

As a recall from before , Here is how Achievement System will look like according to them

Edit :Epic added more pictures and info

Epic has shared additional screens for their profile system , including a look on their XP rewards and editing the profile

Edit Profile

Release_4_Profile-Edit.png

Achievement page in Profile page

Release_3_Profile-Achievements.png

XP reward notification

Release_4-Reward-2.png

Another XP reward notification , including an appearance of the infamous Shopping cart

Release_4-Reward.png

Another profile look

Release_4_Profile-Overview.png

Last edited:

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah looks nice but when are they going to release this?
All i see for months are screenshots and previews of this achievements/trophy system...

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks just like Playstation to me, you also get levels and progress based on the trophy value, which part of it is from Xbox?
PSN doesn't show how much points your trophies are worth. I think it was 1=bronze, 3=silver, 7=gold, 15=platinum or something like that.
The XP values shown in the picture from the Epic Store are much closer to Xbox' 1000 points system per game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All i see for months are screenshots and previews of this achievements/trophy system...

Some (mostly newer) games already have the achievments. Though actually looking at them is a PITA. They are already in for instance, KH3.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Some (mostly newer) games already have the achievments. Though actually looking at them is a PITA. They are already in for instance, KH3.

Yeah i know they appear in game when you open up the social menu ( Shift +F 3) but i am talking about the whole setup like in the screenshot above.
Honestly that social menu and the way achievements are display now looks kind of bad and half baked and in my opinion they need to hurry up and implement the whole thing soon (hopefully this year and not in 2022 )

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how a trophy system will work with games with hundreds of achievements. I hope they don't plan on mandating a specific number of achievements per game for the sake of some kind of uniformity.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Looks beautiful so far. While I don't necessarily hunt trophies/achievements, I do enjoy unlocking them and they're a welcomed addition. Looking forward to this.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's exactly the same

unknown.png

Putting a giant pile of stipulations on achievements would have ideally been left with the console ecosystems and their weird embrace of forced standards. Ultimately it's a small thing, but not being able have tons of achievements like Civ 6 or Binding of Isaac is a bit of a stinker. Also with the way it's worded, games that are very conservative with their achievements such as The Witness seem to be off the table too.

I also can't quite tell by the text, but it seems to be on the store from now on you may literally have to add achievements. We've seen games like Undertale deliberately not adding them so as not to have artificial things to influence the player too much which seems to be off the table here. The rigidity is a doubly bizarre move now that games tend to evolve with time which has been the case with TF2 or Payday where achievements are (were?) routinely added with content.

I dunno, I prefer the system where the dev does exactly what they want. While it makes impossible to have store-wide standards like a gamerscore which is what I assume they want for maximum ecosystem engagement, it kind of forces the dev's hands. Not a huge thing, but not what I think is the best way to do it.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Honestly, I was half expecting to see a photo of a really rough mock-up scrawled on a napkin, so I was kind of surprised they were this far along in the planning.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
PSN doesn't show how much points your trophies are worth. I think it was 1=bronze, 3=silver, 7=gold, 15=platinum or something like that.
The XP values shown in the picture from the Epic Store are much closer to Xbox' 1000 points system per game.
Not even close lol. PSN trophy lists don't add up to exactly 1000 points but it's actually pretty close if you take out the platinum. The values of each trophy is:
Bronze: 15 points
Silver: 30 points
Gold: 90 points
Platinum: 300 points

And then a full trophy list is typically worth ~1300 points.

Dasnap

Apr 19, 2021
...A profile XP system actually makes these achievements more interesting than Steam's. All of Steam's achievements are just treated as 1 more added to your total. Epic also seem to be curating the system more so someone can't just play a ÂŁ1 which unlocks 100 achievements when you boot it up.

Apart from the ÂŁ10 voucher sales, this might be the first thing Epic has actually done better than Valve.

...Well done, Epic? Might boot up Hades again if/when it has this implemented.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
That looks great - they'll finally have something one over Steam (Steam's achievement system is pretty much the worst).

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Ah no. I mean from when they started working on an achievements system. Otherwise his comment wouldn't make sense.

They've talked about an Achievement System since the day EGS launched.

Much like the shopping cart, it's been delayed for years.

With a small cut, they don't really have the monetary incentive to actually improve their platform with any haste like Steam does, so it's to be expected tho.

Dasnap

Apr 19, 2021
Ironically on that regard , The Shopping cart implementation was moved from "Future development" to "Up next" a few days ago , so its a matter of weeks/months for its implementation , shame the meme will die soon , but it had a good run

The meme will just become 'it took so long for them to add a shopping cart' or people will just choose something else to complain about.

I've always found the shopping cart complaint funny because it implies that the people complaining (usually multi-client haters) want to buy multiple games from the store.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The meme will just become 'it took so long for them to add a shopping cart' or people will just choose something else to complain about.

I've always found the shopping cart complaint funny because it implies that the people complaining (usually multi-client haters) want to buy multiple games from the store.
or redeem the free games easier

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

It's not really so black and white though, I don't particularly like the Epic Game Store for several reasons but I still use it and still get products from it (albeit rarely, I'm only willing to buy things that weren't paid exclusives and only during their big sales, basically) which would be a lot easier (incl. redeeming multiple free games at once when they have multiple up) with a shopping cart that 99.9999999% of all digital online stores have.

You can both dislike aspects of something and still use it.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017

If $10 Coupon is still a thing when Shopping carts gets implemented and it allows stacking a bunch of Sub $15 games and then use the coupon , it will be a Killer feature , Ubisoft briefly done This $10 coupon at $15 minimum order thing for two days before their E3 Show in Uplay and I stacked some discounted $2 and $3 games together to form a $16 order then used the $10 coupon and I got them for $6 , and tested If I can repeat this and it worked but didn't continue as I was testing only